Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 17 Apr 2013, 22:04 (Ref:3235966)   #1176
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Some mates of mine were in India working for a F3 team a few years back and were held up in a traffic jam while a couple of guys took a differential out of a truck in the middle of the road with traffic going either side !
They came back a few days later after the race and the truck was still in the middle of the road on blocks of wood, this was a main road with traffic 24/7 !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 18 Apr 2013, 06:25 (Ref:3236049)   #1177
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Well grantp all I can say is mrs todt must have forgotten Thailand, I would certainly think twice about hiring a car there , I have some video I took from a Tuk Tuk I will post when I edit it all and you can see what I mean. It seems the buddist religion of accepting what happens as preordained fate seems to have a big influence over there I.e. what happens happens.
Old 18 Apr 2013, 18:58 (Ref:3236309)   #1178
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Some mates of mine were in India working for a F3 team a few years back and were held up in a traffic jam while a couple of guys took a differential out of a truck in the middle of the road with traffic going either side !
They came back a few days later after the race and the truck was still in the middle of the road on blocks of wood, this was a main road with traffic 24/7 !
Well, what better way to get some metal to weigh in? No one is likely to believe that there might be something dodgy about the activity. Hidden in plain sight.
Old 18 Apr 2013, 20:47 (Ref:3236371)   #1179
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
There was an end to this story as another race team that they knew said that the diff was taken away to have some teeth welded on the crown wheel and was put back in two weeks later !!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 19 Apr 2013, 10:32 (Ref:3236585)   #1180
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
There was an end to this story as another race team that they knew said that the diff was taken away to have some teeth welded on the crown wheel and was put back in two weeks later !!
Excellent result!

I assume the mechanics were all wearing Hi-Viz jackets as they worked ...
Old 19 Apr 2013, 12:34 (Ref:3236633)   #1181
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
They had probably heard that 40 teeth was a different ratio to 38 teeth. so they added a couple
Old 23 Apr 2013, 18:54 (Ref:3238534)   #1182
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Talking of teeth I am not long back from Hockenheim, set of last Tuesday evening with HRTR5's FJ and FF2000 Delta. All was well untill Friday morning and realised No !!!!!!! breakfast in the Delta truck.Word soon got round and first up was two pieces of toast and jam from a freindly Scotsman, no sooner that was demolished two bacon sarnies arrived from freindly brit."flipping eck" im stuffed. Then wait for it driver turns up from hotel with two panna chockola quassons. "sorry JT"
Anything is better than HRTR5's blooming moosley that he eats,and he has to chomp away in my ear..
Old 23 Apr 2013, 19:54 (Ref:3238563)   #1183
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is he training to become Hamster [No,not Clarksons little friend]
Old 23 Apr 2013, 19:57 (Ref:3238566)   #1184
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Anything is better than HRTR5's blooming moosley that he eats,and he has to chomp away in my ear..
James has obviously read a different book on 'Racing Driver Diet' to you, Iain.

Old 24 Apr 2013, 07:49 (Ref:3238749)   #1185
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Is he training to become Hamster [No,not Clarksons little friend]
Talking of Hamsters Iain may remember that when we raced in Radicals there was a driver who called his wife by her nickname, "Mousey". He refused to say why.
Old 24 Apr 2013, 08:17 (Ref:3238761)   #1186
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
James has obviously read a different book on 'Racing Driver Diet' to you, Iain.

Watch Clarkson's Italien Job DVD to see his take on race driver fitness and training!
Old 24 Apr 2013, 12:11 (Ref:3238854)   #1187
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Watch Clarkson's Italien Job DVD to see his take on race driver fitness and training!
Is that the famous Lydden event that you starred in Al?

The perfect approach to club racing involves enjoying a Curry and beers night before, followed by a fry up for breakfast and lashings of tea. Or so Iain tells me......

Old 24 Apr 2013, 13:36 (Ref:3238891)   #1188
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
Talking of Hamsters Iain may remember that when we raced in Radicals there was a driver who called his wife by her nickname, "Mousey". He refused to say why.

Long whiskers?
Old 25 Apr 2013, 10:21 (Ref:3239226)   #1189
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Long whiskers?
Not that I could see.
Old 27 Apr 2013, 08:43 (Ref:3239916)   #1190
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
Sent to me by an old school friend in America:

A DEA Agent stopped at a ranch in Texas and talked to an old rancher. He told the rancher, "I need to inspect your ranch for illegally grown drugs." The rancher said, "okay, but don't go into that field over there...", as he pointed out the location. The DEA Agent verbally exploded and said, "look mister, I have the authority of the federal government with me!" Reaching into his rear back pocket, the arrogant officer removed his badge and proudly displayed it to the rancher. "See this badge?! This badge means I can go wherever I want... On any land! No questions asked, no answers given! Do you understand old man?!"

The rancher kindly nodded, apologized, and went about his chores. Moments later the rancher heard loud screams, he looked up and saw the DEA agent running for his life, being chased by the ranchers big Santa Gertrudis Bull...... With every step the bull was gaining ground on the officer, and it was likely that he'd sure enough get gored before he reached safety. The officer was clearly terrified. The old rancher threw down his tools, ran as fast as he could to the fence, and yelled at the top of his lungs......

"YOUR BADGE! SHOW HIM YOUR BADGE!"
Old 27 Apr 2013, 11:55 (Ref:3239949)   #1191
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I think I am being priced out of motorsport.
Old 27 Apr 2013, 14:18 (Ref:3239989)   #1192
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Some holidays can bring that feeling on Al.
Old 27 Apr 2013, 19:32 (Ref:3240047)   #1193
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I think I am being priced out of motorsport.
So where he hell did that come from? Last comment you made was about your mate Jezza.

I was priced out of holidays some years ago so I could use the money to go racing. It's all about prioritising.
Old 27 Apr 2013, 20:30 (Ref:3240062)   #1194
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I'm just disappointed that we seem to be in an everlasting reccession, grid sizes are plummiting everywhere (except maybe CSCC events) and yet still the message hasnt sunk in and the the clubs and organisors just seem to continue sticking up prices its just suicide and I am seriously wondering if we are seeing the beginning of the end of club motorsport. I dont earn too bad but I am baulking at paying nearly half a grand for two 20 minute races at Brands Indy, sorry.

Last edited by Al Weyman; 27 Apr 2013 at 20:50.
Old 27 Apr 2013, 20:39 (Ref:3240065)   #1195
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's why I'm glad that the CSCC have created a home for at least one of my beasts, and their fees are quite reasonable - hence the growing number of people joining them - and that results in lower costs due to the benefits of scale, which they appear to pass on to their parishioners.
Old 27 Apr 2013, 20:45 (Ref:3240066)   #1196
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
That should have read 20 minute races, now amended.
Old 27 Apr 2013, 20:59 (Ref:3240072)   #1197
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can't disagree with you mate, the market will decide. Any series that don't offer what the customers want will wither and die and we'll all have to adapt slightly but I thoroughly believe we will come out of recession with a stronger sport for it. How often have we cried "too many series diluting the grids". From my business point of view there is still strong interest in racing, so don't read the last rites just yet.

I'm racing in July, paying £49 for 20 minutes racing plus a 5 minute practice. Whether I'll actually manage to fit on Alex's spare kart remains to be seen, but it should be a hoot and that's what I want from my motor SPORT!
Old 27 Apr 2013, 21:09 (Ref:3240074)   #1198
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I'm just disappointed that we seem to be in an everlasting reccession, grid sizes are plummiting everywhere (except maybe CSCC events) and yet still the message hasnt sunk in and the the clubs and organisors just seem to continue sticking up prices its just suicide and I am seriously wondering if we are seeing the beginning of the end of club motorsport. I dont earn too bad but I am baulking at paying nearly half a grand for two 20 minute races at Brands Indy, sorry.
The answer is don't pay it and don't race. One problem is that there always seems to be people who are willing to pay so they wont get the message. The other problem is if someone doesn't pay then there wont be any races because the track owners want or need X pounds hire fees or they'll shut up shop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R59 View Post
That's why I'm glad that the CSCC have created a home for at least one of my beasts, and their fees are quite reasonable - hence the growing number of people joining them - and that results in lower costs due to the benefits of scale, which they appear to pass on to their parishioners.
Are they reasonable compared with say the 750 and MGCC?
Old 28 Apr 2013, 03:18 (Ref:3240124)   #1199
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Simple cure,move to Europe!Circuit owners dont seem to over inflate their plot of lands value,organisers want as many filled grids as possible so THEY keep prices reasonable.
Old 28 Apr 2013, 07:15 (Ref:3240155)   #1200
midgetman
Veteran

Agreed Terry, and as soon as Alex has his A licence that will be our racing focus.