Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 30 Mar 2012, 08:00 (Ref:3050728)   #1201
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I trust you have your Parker and Tiger tail ?
I blame my poor circulation on vibration from the Lambretta I commuted on at 17 years old- wearing parka of course......

Local JS out of diesel yest, shell closed up. This
morn open again and queue almost on to A11! Soon everyone will have no more room for any more and forecourts will be empty? Then I'll get some!
Old 30 Mar 2012, 08:13 (Ref:3050734)   #1202
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Just wanna say good luck today Gordon xx Fingers crossed etc x
Old 30 Mar 2012, 08:24 (Ref:3050737)   #1203
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I trust you have your Parker and Tiger tail ?
Frank Thomas leather none of that septic anorak rubbish round here
Old 30 Mar 2012, 10:04 (Ref:3050755)   #1204
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
or a hot air and wind mix?
At least I get out there and do it and have a go not like so many on here that can only talk the talk.
Old 30 Mar 2012, 17:21 (Ref:3050930)   #1205
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
If things work out at the doctors on friday, hopefully I will also do the OBS !
Well??????????
Old 30 Mar 2012, 17:45 (Ref:3050940)   #1206
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I trust you have your Parka and Tiger tail ?

Fair takes me back, that! Tho to be fair IIRC whilst I wore a parka on my Li150, I think I had the tiger tails trailing from the handlebars on my pedal cycle.....held in by the tube end-plugs
Old 30 Mar 2012, 18:29 (Ref:3050966)   #1207
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Well??????????
I think I might be OK when the results of a test come through
The eyesight test was easy, I spent a day memorising the chart at home
Oh and as I was a" hard man" rocker I wouldn't know how to spell PARKA !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 30 Mar 2012, 18:51 (Ref:3050970)   #1208
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I passed my RAF aircrew medicals by doing exactly that!
Hope your results are all OK Gordon.
Old 30 Mar 2012, 18:57 (Ref:3050972)   #1209
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Hope you memorised the correct chart......
Old 30 Mar 2012, 19:06 (Ref:3050976)   #1210
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
32 looked blue!
Old 31 Mar 2012, 20:14 (Ref:3051396)   #1211
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Well the power of 10/10ths saved the day yet again at Donnington today. Duncan's Alexsis had a rear wheel bearing fail in qualifying.Lots of head scratching and all the old crownies suggesting this suggesting that and getting right up my nose then I had a brain wave.!!!!!!!. I am at Donnington and who live's up the road but good old GrantP. Quick phone call and and I was on my way up the road,collected Grant and we shot off too Derby.Grant then set too on the phone found a bearing supplier that was open and with in a couple of hours Duncan's trusty Alexsis FJ was back out on track again.
Thank you GP.
Old 31 Mar 2012, 21:24 (Ref:3051431)   #1212
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
then I had a brain wave.!!!!!!!. .
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 31 Mar 2012, 23:03 (Ref:3051469)   #1213
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I did wonder where that car had gone this morning (I was flagging at Coppice again) then saw Grant this afternoon and he explained all. Slowly but surely I'm working out who you all are. Very slowly in many cases!
Old 31 Mar 2012, 23:39 (Ref:3051486)   #1214
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zef, that cortina of yours goes very well, even when it's on the back of a trailer on the M25
Old 1 Apr 2012, 07:53 (Ref:3051585)   #1215
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We had (survived) a party last night for 120 16 year olds - thankfully in a marquee in the garden & with portaloos!

There seem to be a lot of empty bottles that have appeared from nowhere as it was an alcohol free party
Old 1 Apr 2012, 08:19 (Ref:3051593)   #1216
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
THe old Scooby wagon tows well Colin, we where en route to Silverstone for the HRDC press day, was good fun, amazingly we got home in a little over 2 hours, just like the god old days! last time I went it took nearly 4 hours to get there.
Old 1 Apr 2012, 09:21 (Ref:3051621)   #1217
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Now shall I go shopping in Sainsbury's or shall I go to Brands Hatch ?
There's only one way to find out
Old 1 Apr 2012, 10:12 (Ref:3051644)   #1218
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its all gone tits up in Mooseville. Took the racer to my mates a few weeks back as he has a much larger garage ideal for the work I needed to do. Now we've finished and with two weeks till first event car needs to come home. Tow vehicle number 2 is awaiting parts from the US, not a problem - we'll use mate's Jeep - except that has just spread its guts on his drive. Only tow vehicle left is the camper which is still in storage, still on SORN and really a little too big to get where we need to anyway.

Ho hum, its gonna be a fun week
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 1 Apr 2012, 11:31 (Ref:3051685)   #1219
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Now shall I go shopping in Sainsbury's or shall I go to Brands Hatch ?
Depends how much fuel you've got!
Old 1 Apr 2012, 12:09 (Ref:3051707)   #1220
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Depends how much fuel you've got!
The Smartcar has a couple of litres in it, plenty !
Old 1 Apr 2012, 12:41 (Ref:3051715)   #1221
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zef, it was when you were getting home "in a little over 2 hours" that I saw you, I'm surprised it took you that long

With a tacho in the sprinter when I'm towing the racecar I'm stuck at a sedate 60.
Old 1 Apr 2012, 15:55 (Ref:3051786)   #1222
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
We had (survived) a party last night for 120 16 year olds - thankfully in a marquee in the garden & with portaloos!

There seem to be a lot of empty bottles that have appeared from nowhere as it was an alcohol free party
well it was cold last night and the needed something to warm them up poor little sods. Rear a/r bar fitted now on the tank.
Old 1 Apr 2012, 16:25 (Ref:3051800)   #1223
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well done Grant for bailing Della out. We are testing the 924 there tomorrow, best email me your number in case we need a spares run
Old 1 Apr 2012, 19:11 (Ref:3051887)   #1224
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Well done Grant for bailing Della out. We are testing the 924 there tomorrow, best email me your number in case we need a spares run

Donny on a Monday? Track day?

I'll try to pop along.
Old 1 Apr 2012, 19:12 (Ref:3051888)   #1225
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Rear a/r bar fitted now on the tank.
Is that wise?
Closed Thread