Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 3 Feb 2013, 20:38 (Ref:3198742)   #1201
Icarus_nz
Racer

New Zealand
Paradise
Icarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridIcarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by socram View Post

Within the Commission (and I sure Raymond will not disagree), there are major differences of opinion when dealing with cars that are not "pure" Schedule K/Appendix K, and rules for non pure cars have been drawn up that are not 100% workable, given the aging fleet, but this is probably not a long term insurmountable problem.
Exactly this.
Compared to how 'classics' are viewed in Aus or the UK our definition is NZ is pretty wide.
For some reason there are many people with an older car that want to be defined as a classic even when said car is a club car with a period paint job.

I agree classic racing is in rude good health and long may that continue. The important thing is that people are enjoying getting out there and having a go!
Old 3 Feb 2013, 22:28 (Ref:3198800)   #1202
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
^ i've just read your signature Icarus......hahahaha.

Now where have i seen that before....hmmm

Old 3 Feb 2013, 23:13 (Ref:3198816)   #1203
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worsel View Post
OK, I have looking at this forum (10 tenths) for about 8 months now & thought it was time for posting. This thread has degenerated into mud slinging at individuals who are involved with our sport.
What do you mean degenerated? It's always been like this, try reading some of the threads on the NZV8's from back in 2008! I recall one poster accusing Andrew Anderson of having dinner plate ears...

Quote:
Comments such as how much motorsport executive members get paid (yea right) show a distinct lack of any understanding of how motorsport is run, and god forbid the sport if people like that get involved.
Understanding irony not one of your strong points, then?

Quote:
Lets have something constructive instead of cheap, nasty comments.
As the saying goes, "oink oink, flap flap..."
Old 4 Feb 2013, 06:13 (Ref:3198937)   #1204
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus_nz View Post
Exactly this.
Compared to how 'classics' are viewed in Aus or the UK our definition is NZ is pretty wide.
For some reason there are many people with an older car that want to be defined as a classic even when said car is a club car with a period paint job.
Maybe we should start a new thread Icarus?
Old 4 Feb 2013, 06:31 (Ref:3198942)   #1205
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Seen the latest poll on Speedcafe? MNZ getting their butts well and truly kicked - LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE YOU FOOLS!
Old 4 Feb 2013, 06:47 (Ref:3198947)   #1206
Icarus_nz
Racer

New Zealand
Paradise
Icarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridIcarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by socram View Post
Maybe we should start a new thread Icarus?
I've had a read through the debate on The Roaring Season. It makes me frightened...:-p
Old 4 Feb 2013, 20:42 (Ref:3199250)   #1207
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have posted a new thread on here.
Old 7 Feb 2013, 07:21 (Ref:3200506)   #1208
raymond
Racer

New Zealand
Palmerston North
raymond should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36ST View Post
I guess this discussion probably belongs in the other thread but yes, according to the register of incorporated societies, Martin Fine remains MSNZ's sole officer, despite their insistence that he is no longer involved with MSNZ that is...

Confirmation can be found here:

http://www.societies.govt.nz/cms/onl...template/CNAME

& then enter 'motorsport new zealand'

So irrespective of what they say, he is still involved.
Thanks for pointing that out. It is out of date and will need to be changed asap.
Martin Fine has had no involvement with MSNZ since he resigned as Chairman of TMC/MPL in July? of last year.
Old 7 Feb 2013, 07:52 (Ref:3200512)   #1209
nistfan
Racer

New Zealand
nistfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond View Post
Thanks for pointing that out. It is out of date and will need to be changed asap.
Martin Fine has had no involvement with MSNZ since he resigned as Chairman of TMC/MPL in July? of last year.
Is there anything else that has been over looked as well?

Surely Brian Budd should be on the case....
Old 7 Feb 2013, 08:17 (Ref:3200514)   #1210
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Wow, nzv8 IP $57500. what a waste of money.
Old 7 Feb 2013, 08:27 (Ref:3200517)   #1211
JMR022
Rookie

JMR022 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpearl View Post
Wow, nzv8 IP $57500. what a waste of money.
I hear that IP might be making its way south to a trucking magnets race workshop.
Old 7 Feb 2013, 08:50 (Ref:3200524)   #1212
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMR022 View Post
I hear that IP might be making its way south to a trucking magnets race workshop.
Regardless MSNZ should not be investing in this stuff. Cosy buch of friends in MSNZ.
Old 8 Feb 2013, 10:46 (Ref:3201141)   #1213
Vanishing Point
Racer

Vanishing Point should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpearl View Post
Regardless MSNZ should not be investing in this stuff. Cosy buch of friends in MSNZ.
I see Shaun has tweeted about MSNZ, sounds like MSNZ are trying to muzzle him talking about MSNZ/V8ST conflict, fat chance! Shaun has always told it like it is. Sounds like Drakie is involved as well. I'll be watching on Sunday.
Old 8 Feb 2013, 18:31 (Ref:3201340)   #1214
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
has the home of motorsport shown any coverage of Richards Toyotas or the Ross or Tulloch Holdens? stopped watching the show some time back.. so just curious.
Old 8 Feb 2013, 19:54 (Ref:3201375)   #1215
nistfan
Racer

New Zealand
nistfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
has the home of motorsport shown any coverage of Richards Toyotas or the Ross or Tulloch Holdens? stopped watching the show some time back.. so just curious.
As the deal (With MSNZ) is on Prime and Sky, don't think thats likely. And if they still owe TV3 money from last year why would they anyway.

Better to do business with People who can pay
Old 8 Feb 2013, 20:10 (Ref:3201382)   #1216
Sommersby
Racer

Sommersby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It's that sort of comment which sums up just what is sick about the sport in NZ.

You know that the rights for the nzv8's were given to Prime/sky.

From a News standpoint, we receive VNR's( video news release) from TRS. But none from any other class. There is no way that my News Producer would entertain a story about a series featuring 3-4 of one class, and 6-7 old cars. As talented as the drivers are, none warrant network news coverage at this current point.

On a personal level I'd love to cover the Camry, which despite from what I understand it being a smaller car (2cm narrower/ less cockpit area) than the others, is a monster on track. A stunner in both sound and sight.

Anyway, feel free to lob what you like my way, I just ask that you have the decency to apologise/retract when you make false accusations.

I pledge to do the same.

Fair enough?
Old 8 Feb 2013, 20:27 (Ref:3201392)   #1217
pukekoheracer
Racer

pukekoheracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

What, lost interest already in NZV8 but you keep popping up and banging on how great they are.How many rounds have you attended this year
Old 8 Feb 2013, 20:37 (Ref:3201395)   #1218
Sommersby
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanishing Point View Post
I see Shaun has tweeted about MSNZ, sounds like MSNZ are trying to muzzle him talking about MSNZ/V8ST conflict, fat chance! Shaun has always told it like it is. Sounds like Drakie is involved as well. I'll be watching on Sunday.
Hi VP,

Thought a petrol head like you would be at the NZGP on Sunday?

Yes though that is correct, we waned to have a robust debate about the issues clouding the sport currently. Shane Harris was invited, he asked what we would be discussing, then said he was unavailable.

Directly after recording this weeks show, we received an email from Brian Budd, urging us not to discuss the issue, as he felt we were trying to discredit MSNZ.

Had we had more studio time, I would have asked to re-record the show and mention this.

For the record, we don't cut ST any slack in regard to their inception, but with the legal action being stopped I assumed this was now irrelevant.

Our main discussion was about how the peace talks appear to have not just stalled....but war may have resumed. It's a shame.

Shaun.
Old 8 Feb 2013, 21:20 (Ref:3201411)   #1219
Vanishing Point
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommersby View Post
Hi VP,

Thought a petrol head like you would be at the NZGP on Sunday?

Yes though that is correct, we waned to have a robust debate about the issues clouding the sport currently. Shane Harris was invited, he asked what we would be discussing, then said he was unavailable.

Directly after recording this weeks show, we received an email from Brian Budd, urging us not to discuss the issue, as he felt we were trying to discredit MSNZ.

Had we had more studio time, I would have asked to re-record the show and mention this.

For the record, we don't cut ST any slack in regard to their inception, but with the legal action being stopped I assumed this was now irrelevant.

Our main discussion was about how the peace talks appear to have not just stalled....but war may have resumed. It's a shame.

Shaun.
Thanks for the info Shaun, so Brian Budd from MSNZ tried to bully Shaun into not talking about the current situation between MSNZ and Supertourers. I am not surprised, MSNZ have been dishonest, and woefully irresponsible in their dealings with ST, especially over V8 Supercars at Pukekohe and Taupo. Looks like they are worried about the truth coming out. it is interesting that Shane Harris didn't have the balls to appear on the show. Maybe scared that Shaun would ask for the $100k they still owe TV3.
Old 8 Feb 2013, 21:42 (Ref:3201417)   #1220
Swedish Brick
Racer

Swedish Brick has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Thanks for the info Shaun, so Brian Budd from MSNZ tried to bully Shaun into not talking about the current situation between MSNZ and Supertourers. I am not surprised, MSNZ have been dishonest, and woefully irresponsible in their dealings with ST, especially over V8 Supercars at Pukekohe and Taupo. Looks like they are worried about the truth coming out. it is interesting that Shane Harris didn't have the balls to appear on the show. Maybe scared that Shaun would ask for the $100k they still owe TV3.
That's your opinion based on one side of the story.
How many times in this thread have such assumptions been wrong?
Amazes me how people will read one thing and automatically interpret it into the worst case scenario.
Old 8 Feb 2013, 21:59 (Ref:3201428)   #1221
Sommersby
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Brick View Post
Amazes me how people will read one thing and automatically interpret it into the worst case scenario.
Fact. Mr Harris was invited, he asked what would be discussed and then (after a reminder from us) said he was unavailable.

Fact. Mr Budd emailed my producer at 11am yesterday 'urging' us not to discuss the V8 issue. Going on to accuse us of trying to 'discredit' MSNZ.

That's the long and SHORT of it.
Old 8 Feb 2013, 22:00 (Ref:3201429)   #1222
Vanishing Point
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Brick View Post
These are the facts Brick. Fact 1:Shane Harris declined an invitation to appear on the show, why? Something to hide?.Fact 2: Brian Budd asked Shaun not to discuss anything to do with MSNZ, Why? Concerned the truth would come out? Fact 3: MSNZ/TMC/MPL still owe TV3 money.. These are not opinions Brick.. Facts mate.. And whatever way you look at it MSNZ looks stupid.
Old 8 Feb 2013, 22:07 (Ref:3201433)   #1223
Sommersby
Racer

Quote:
These are the facts Brick. Fact 1:Shane Harris declined an invitation to appear on the show, why? Something to hide?.Fact 2: Brian Budd asked Shaun not to discuss anything to do with MSNZ, Why? Concerned the truth would come out? Fact 3: MSNZ/TMC/MPL still owe TV3 money.. These are not opinions Brick.. Facts mate.. And whatever way you look at it MSNZ looks stupid.
Easy there VP, we're not calling anyone stupid. Although I don't know what dealings you've had with MSNZ.

That said, last year a MSNZ staff member did refuse to release material for a story I'd written saying ' all Shaun does is makes us look stupid.'

All I do is report it, no different from reporting on a race, I don't make a driver crash any more than helping another win.

Last edited by Sommersby; 8 Feb 2013 at 22:07. Reason: Spelling
Old 9 Feb 2013, 01:13 (Ref:3201512)   #1224
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Best thing to do is for V8ST to walk away and not to fiddle fart around with these folks. Let them run their thing until it goes pop and then take whatever pieces they want.

I think the people have voted with their feet. They don't want their sport, series, team or their personal involvement under the heel of MSNZ meddling in their commercial dealings.

Maybe at one time, some say, it was needed to "save the sport". However time moves on.

Like many though that have some sort of power/ego, they are not going to go quietly and it's why since last August they have feinted interest in reconciliation, only to pull back under the guise of weak excuses or dramas.
Old 9 Feb 2013, 01:18 (Ref:3201513)   #1225
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see what you are saying MS, but truth is ST's have done more than enough for NZ Motorsport last year alone to be granted and recognised as tier 1, albiet through some dysfunctional people that make up MSNZ.

If however MSNZ carries on their own path, then it wont matter a jot, because as you say, people have voted with their feet.

Wonder what the FIA would think of all this? (or even if they would care at all seeing as we are right at the end of the earth)