Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Apr 2013, 10:22 (Ref:3237803)   #101
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really enjoyed that one.

@ Rosberg. With his racepace so poor, his qualifyinglap must have been awesome and/or his setup must have been to agressive for the race

@ McLarens. Perez was fun to watch, and with a decent result. Button was a bit winey imo. He was blaming Perez for all kind of bad things, but he was not faultless himself. His move putting Perez of the track at turn 4 was woth a drivethrough. (Although Perez made exactly the same move later on Alonso iirc)

@DRS and tyres: I thought they were fine. Wear did make a difference, but we didn't see rediculously big dropoffs. I thought a car with a good exit and some kers left could defend in turn 1, instead of being flown by. Proof: a lot of action in turn 4, where drivers who defended in turn 1, making them slow out of that corner, were attacked again.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 14:11 (Ref:3237917)   #102
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
McLarens were the best that happened in the race.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 14:40 (Ref:3237938)   #103
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
If it was me at Ferrari, I'd keep Massa as #2; he's more consistent and predictable. Massa has also been pretty consistently quick lately.
if it wasnt for the tire problems i think he could have been on the podium.

he did really well to finish Q3 behind LH and MW who both had penalties so a smart call by Ferrari to have him quali on the hards and Massa delivered on it inheriting two grid spots as a result.

a bit different by starting on a used set of hards but looking at what Grosjean did Massa could have been up there too.

actually really liked the split strategy employed by Ferrari this weekend.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 15:27 (Ref:3237956)   #104
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
But in the end... disastrous.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 15:39 (Ref:3237965)   #105
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
But in the end... disastrous.
yes. good in theory but a total failure in practice.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 15:43 (Ref:3237967)   #106
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't get Bernie sometimes, he's a walking contradiction. Initially he says the Bahrain government is "stupid" to host a Grand Prix http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22231448 because of the opportunity it gives to political protestors, yet he directly benefits from the sanction fee and now he is saying he'd be happy to extend the contract for another 5 years. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22245646. He must really need that fee.

Old 22 Apr 2013, 17:16 (Ref:3237998)   #107
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Sure the McLaren's hit each other at turn one.
Sky picked up on that after the race, and they did hit each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Was it just me or did it look awfuilly like Jense deliberately slowed mid corner at T4 when Perez tapped him? He'll be able to say he had no grip coming out of the turn because of no grip, or something though....

On Sky they said Perez might have been trying to do a similar move to Vettel earlier in the race, by undercutting the other car. But Button slowed down, meaning the gap wasn't there.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 20:55 (Ref:3238104)   #108
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter185 View Post
There seemed to be a lot of blocking today in general
Symptomatic of the ridiculously easy DRS passes? All we wanted was a reasonable possibility of being able to overtake and they went all complicated and too far. Trust F1 to find a complicated solution to a simple problem.

Last edited by Born Racer; 22 Apr 2013 at 21:10.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 21:01 (Ref:3238108)   #109
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew2001 View Post
God damn it Perez! Can't he do it without threatening to end Jenson's race? This DRS is finally starting to get to me. It is getting passed funny now.
I have to agree with you that they are all getting passed funnily.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 23:26 (Ref:3238174)   #110
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am feeling a little jaded with F1 so far this season ,did not watch this race as i was watching Rugby (my Son was playing). I attempted to watch the Beeb highlights show but Ben Edwards kept shouting at me so I turned it off . Hopefully the 3 weeks until Barcelona will get me looking forward to the race but anyway watching my Son`s team win was far better .
Old 23 Apr 2013, 00:21 (Ref:3238182)   #111
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I only get a chance to see F1 occasionally, and agree with Werner and Bonini wholeheartedly...it was a very entertaining race to watch, particularly the Perez/Button dice and di Resta's fine result.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 19:37 (Ref:3238555)   #112
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy666 View Post
I am feeling a little jaded with F1 so far this season ,did not watch this race as i was watching Rugby (my Son was playing). I attempted to watch the Beeb highlights show but Ben Edwards kept shouting at me so I turned it off . Hopefully the 3 weeks until Barcelona will get me looking forward to the race but anyway watching my Son`s team win was far better .
Re: the jaded thing, I don't get jaded, but I would say my enthusiasm is tested and I sometimes wonder whether it doesn't have something to do with the endless focus on the championship. Sometimes it's best to just enjoy each Grand Prix as an event in its own right. However exciting a championship finale is (and we've been spoilt with some crackers since 2007), it's never going to live up to the excitement to be had throughout the season's racing and it's to its detriment that we focus so much on it.

So far though, there's been none of that. Just racing and the acceptance of an open championship. So instead we've been able to nitpick about tyres in each race rather than overall.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 21:58 (Ref:3238623)   #113
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Re: the jaded thing, I don't get jaded, but I would say my enthusiasm is tested and I sometimes wonder whether it doesn't have something to do with the endless focus on the championship. Sometimes it's best to just enjoy each Grand Prix as an event in its own right. However exciting a championship finale is (and we've been spoilt with some crackers since 2007), it's never going to live up to the excitement to be had throughout the season's racing and it's to its detriment that we focus so much on it.

So far though, there's been none of that. Just racing and the acceptance of an open championship. So instead we've been able to nitpick about tyres in each race rather than overall.
Good points , Bahrain is the first race i have not watched for about 5 years . I feel a little disappointed in fact that the 2 drivers i was really looking forward to watching (Sergio,Nico H ) have been struggling , things will get better I am sure . From what i have read though Sergio was quite fighty .