Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:22 (Ref:1326553)   #101
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
No Tomato. They are not screwing with his car on purpose. Simply put, they just don't give a damn about him and his car - no matter what they say in public about it.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:30 (Ref:1326573)   #102
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I take it you didn't see Alonso retire then?
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:32 (Ref:1326577)   #103
T0MAT01
Veteran

England
Focknowles Weir
T0MAT01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure they do care really, I mean with Renault's new 'Big Guy' questioning their participation in F1, does a double DNF look like money well spent?
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:33 (Ref:1326578)   #104
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
I take it you didn't see Alonso retire then?

Didn't he hit the wall?
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:34 (Ref:1326583)   #105
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And your point is?
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:35 (Ref:1326586)   #106
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
I'm asking if he had a tech problem that you know of.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:37 (Ref:1326593)   #107
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
No, but then again a team wouldn't jeopardise points because you never know if the other car will finish. (I rest my case).
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:38 (Ref:1326597)   #108
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
And they got exactly what they deserved today. I rest mine.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:41 (Ref:1326601)   #109
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
On another tack. Why was Fisi 1.5 secs slower than Alonso? As anounced by the pit radio.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:41 (Ref:1326604)   #110
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It really is freaky that Fisi retired when Fernando was pouting on the radio about Fisi holding him up.....
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:42 (Ref:1326608)   #111
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Perhaps because he was losing hydraulic pressure or different fuel loads? Dunno.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:44 (Ref:1326611)   #112
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Oaksnaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fisi retired again, loss of hydraulic pressure.

Well Fisi has his own engineering crew, Alonso has his. Renault supply the engines equally to both cars. Now you through in Flavio who controls certain aspects of the team. Where does Flavio biulding engines, Flavio making adjustments to Fisi's car come in??

So you yell and scream technical bias for what? What do you have to proove your case with.

Yes Flavio likes Alonso better, yes Alonso is better, yes Alonso is number 1 on the racetrack. But where does this difference in technical treatment come in? Because he has retired with failures? Look at the rest of the field, its happening to them too.

If you going to have a whinge, at least show some evidence.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:46 (Ref:1326613)   #113
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Evidence? The retirements speak for themselves. Those are facts. Claims like "Alonso is better" "Flavio likes Alonso better"... THOSE are baseless arguments.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:47 (Ref:1326615)   #114
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No conspiracy here - a simple technical problem.

They wouldn't deliberately cause Fisi to retire - because then McLaren would win the constructors title
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:48 (Ref:1326618)   #115
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Alonso is better Inigo. And I, as a rule, like Fisi.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:50 (Ref:1326619)   #116
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[QUOTE=Inigo Montoya]And they got exactly what they deserved today.
QuOTE]

No, I can't buy this either, Inigo. There is far too much at stake.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:54 (Ref:1326629)   #117
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya
Evidence? The retirements speak for themselves. Those are facts. Claims like "Alonso is better" "Flavio likes Alonso better"... THOSE are baseless arguments.
You want to dispute facts then?

If you look back at my other posts, the amount of technical failures prooves nothing. Look at McLaren 2004-Kimi 8 technical retirements--DC 2. Now Kimi is clearly a number 1 in that team, but he suffered horribly technical issues. Now bla bla Kimi is getting ripped off....

Well that is what you are basing your argument on, just because Fisi has more failures means he is been given a second rate car, and nobody cars about him etc etc.

Thats a joke, you have no evidence, you have no proof, applying precedent to your argument prooves that this is no indication of favourable technical equiptment. And since that is what you base your argument on, you dont have much to go on.

Look Fisi might drive well for portions of the grandprix but even without technical issues he is no WC.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:55 (Ref:1326635)   #118
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
What is so difficult to buy? There is no conspiracy. Ferrari has had a number one driver for years. And now so does Renault.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:56 (Ref:1326637)   #119
T0MAT01
Veteran

England
Focknowles Weir
T0MAT01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Because he retired, that makes him a number 2? :confused:
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:56 (Ref:1326639)   #120
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaksnaf
You want to dispute facts then?

Thats a joke, you have no evidence, you have no proof, applying precedent to your argument prooves that this is no indication of favourable technical equiptment. And since that is what you base your argument on, you dont have much to go on.

What kind of proof do you want Oaksnaf? I can no more prove substandard machinery than you can disprove it. So lets just drop it.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:58 (Ref:1326641)   #121
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
No he's number two because he is far behind the team leader in the championship.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 20:01 (Ref:1326645)   #122
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya
What kind of proof do you want Oaksnaf? I can no more prove substandard machinery than you can disprove it. So lets just drop it.
Well you were the one who made the comment first, and i am merely responding to it. Im just trying to show you that you can not prove it, which you have just stated.

But aside from that. Fisi will have a tough few GP's ahead of him. Poor qual at INDY-same with Alonso-which could result in mid pack scrambles, and especialy the way these Renaults shoot off the line, i would hate to be sitting behind a bogged down Webber---a different meaning of launch control would come into mind.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 20:02 (Ref:1326646)   #123
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I can't see how Renault would want a car to break down. I mean, I don't think they want to lose the constructors championship.

And Briatore doesn't exactly look impassive when Fisi broke down.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 20:04 (Ref:1326650)   #124
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy

And Briatore doesn't exactly look impassive when Fisi broke down.
Briatore was actually happy that his two cars retired because its good for the championship...
Old 12 Jun 2005, 20:07 (Ref:1326657)   #125
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan
Briatore was actually happy that his two cars retired because its good for the championship...
yes you could see the party inside Renault and the whole of McLaren were invited.

But i agree completely with knowlesy previous comment. Finishing first in contructors and drivers championship is better than winning drivers and coming 2nd or 3rd in contructors. There is no I in team as they say.
Closed Thread