Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 29 Aug 2003, 15:27 (Ref:702781)   #101
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Zandbak
The Corvette of the Belgian Selleslagh Racing Team, a regular in the Belcar has the intention of doing this race.

The car is a factory car, so I don't know of it is one of the factory cars mentioned above in the list of 19dodge.

source: autosport magazine
The Xero Corvette on 19dodge's list will be GT class, not GTS- it's the car currently running in British GT, which I think originally ran in the ALMS with Owen Trinkler then came to Europe as part of the Atomic Kitten effort in 2001.

The Stealth is an interesting one- it's built as a GT rather than a prototype (cars have previously run in British GT, & Belcar, and they build road-legal versions), but whether they'd be able to get it accepted for GTS is another matter- a car was entered in the National GT class at the Spa 24 hours, but didn't pass scrutineering and the team substituted a 911 instead...
Old 29 Aug 2003, 15:43 (Ref:702787)   #102
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
Strange how the Lister can test at LM-Bugatti with whatever Chevy engine they had in the car last week, but can't run as Spa because they are putting new Chevy power in the car for LM-Bugatti...

They need race laps.....but I guess they are going to do whatever they will do.....it's their money and their program...I just think it is a waste IMO....
It's purely speculation on my part, but I get the feeling that maybe Lister have bitten off more than they can chew by trying to run GT and LMP programmes in parallel- bearing in mind that they're a fairly small outfit, and are doing the engine development for both projects inhouse- (I think I saw they were advertising for engine technicians in Autosport a couple of weeks ago)
Old 29 Aug 2003, 17:12 (Ref:702877)   #103
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Thank you for the link, Fire ; yes, the car car is not so bad... I cancel my 'G/A' mention...
The car looks to elegant for a G/A car.
Old 29 Aug 2003, 18:36 (Ref:702943)   #104
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think you're right, KA...running parallel programs would be expensive....especially when you're chasing gremlins in a new purpose-built prototype....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 4 Sep 2003, 06:36 (Ref:707714)   #105
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
The Le Mans Tournament / November race : it's official, the race is on its way ! According to the SpiritOf report, the scrutenings are planned on friday, and testings on saturday, with separate periods for prototypes and GTs, as it goes in ALMS.

On sunday, the warm up is planned at 9h30 and the race will start with a rolling start at noon for 240 laps.

The track will be reserved, from 3rd to 6th of November, for private testings.

Roll on !

Last edited by Fab; 4 Sep 2003 at 06:39.
Old 4 Sep 2003, 14:52 (Ref:708148)   #106
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!

This is good news for (European) sportscar racing!
Old 5 Sep 2003, 06:15 (Ref:708767)   #107
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Well, I forgot to ask who's coming in November...

Bernard and PascalLM for sure, Kpy and Gilles too, but who's crossing the Channel ?
Old 5 Sep 2003, 06:27 (Ref:708784)   #108
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If money and leave work out, I'm intending to as well.

Oh, and if SeaFrance do something about the tariff they're asking for the crossing that weekend - fully 50% more than the boat cost in June - are they crazy?
Old 5 Sep 2003, 07:01 (Ref:708804)   #109
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by TimD
Oh, and if SeaFrance do something about the tariff they're asking for the crossing that weekend - fully 50% more than the boat cost in June - are they crazy?
Not surprising : too few travelers... is it not more interresting to take the Tunnel ? They've got special prices... (maybe to far from your way ?)

Flies between Stanstead and Dinan (North Britanny) are sold for a good price, with a rented car, it should be a quite good choice...
Old 5 Sep 2003, 14:43 (Ref:709217)   #110
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quick Questions:

1. What is the deadline for entries to be submitted?

2. Will the ACO release a list like they do for the big race in June?

3. Will this be an "invited" race, or will there be some form of qualifying for spots on the grid???

I couldn't remember reading any posts concerning these issues...

Please get me up to speed...after all, my name isn't "Norma" or Debora".....they have no hope of getting up to speed

Old 5 Sep 2003, 15:03 (Ref:709242)   #111
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
The anouncement about the race is on the official ACO website

http://www.lemans.org/endurance_series/lemans_1000km

Last edited by Mal; 5 Sep 2003 at 15:05.
Old 5 Sep 2003, 19:30 (Ref:709451)   #112
renkadima
Rookie

renkadima should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Not surprising : too few travelers... is it not more interresting to take the Tunnel ? They've got special prices... (maybe to far from your way ?)

Flies between Stanstead and Dinan (North Britanny) are sold for a good price, with a rented car, it should be a quite good choice...

If you are thinking of flying, try skyscanner. It's a cheapo flight search engine, and flights look pretty affordable at the mo.
Old 26 Sep 2003, 10:28 (Ref:730609)   #113
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Wout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More entry news for the 1000 km race.
Lister will enter it's LMP.
Drivers: Jamie Campbell-Walter, Nathan Kinch and Tom Coronel
Lister will also do the LMES and a two cars entry for the 24 hours.
Old 26 Sep 2003, 14:52 (Ref:730854)   #114
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
We've been hearing that they built that car with the flexibility to be converted to a closed-cockpit car conforming to 2004 specs, but everything else I've read (especially from Mike) says that a "conversion" would be very impractical and extremely difficult...

And if I remember correctly, Mr. Thorby's contract and involvement with Lister on the LMP project has ended....thus he would not be involved in a new build of a 2004 specs car, or the very unlikely "Conversion," unless a new agreement was executed...

Will the second car be a 2004 specs car, while the first one they have biult remain a 2003 specs car???

Any info you have on this would be most appreciated...

Any word on that

Old 26 Sep 2003, 14:55 (Ref:730858)   #115
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
nice poster, BTW...
Old 26 Sep 2003, 17:50 (Ref:731089)   #116
Gt-One
Rookie

Gt-One should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice to see that the Dutch are taking over sportscarracing. With the RfH Dome, Peter Kox' 550 and the Spyker.

Unfortunately I'm not able to attend the race so is there a possibility to get one of these nice posters
Old 26 Sep 2003, 18:09 (Ref:731122)   #117
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Gt-One
Nice to see that the Dutch are taking over sportscarracing.
We Dutch are the best!
Old 26 Sep 2003, 18:55 (Ref:731173)   #118
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Gt-One
Nice to see that the Dutch are taking over sportscarracing. With the RfH Dome, Peter Kox' 550 and the Spyker.

Unfortunately I'm not able to attend the race so is there a possibility to get one of these nice posters
Not sure ; I'll check on the spot...
Old 26 Sep 2003, 19:11 (Ref:731218)   #119
naughtymutt
Racer

naughtymutt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
can anyone recommend a good caravan site at the track or nearby?

Also how much are tickets for adults/ children.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 07:59 (Ref:732601)   #120
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by naughtymutt
can anyone recommend a good caravan site at the track or nearby?

Also how much are tickets for adults/ children.
It could be difficuklt to put a caravan around the track (lack of palces), and you'll have to reserve a spot right now (Green ? Red ? Give advices campers ! I don't camp myself, as you know... ).
Old 28 Sep 2003, 11:28 (Ref:732690)   #121
AMT
Rookie

AMT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by KA
It's purely speculation on my part, but I get the feeling that maybe Lister have bitten off more than they can chew by trying to run GT and LMP programmes in parallel- bearing in mind that they're a fairly small outfit, and are doing the engine development for both projects inhouse- (I think I saw they were advertising for engine technicians in Autosport a couple of weeks ago)
Spot-on. I really hope they get it together, but a sea-change will be needed.

Re Tim's question about adapting to 2004 regs (which have only recently been finalised) - it's not practical. What you can do is use the running gear, which saves considerable time and money, but chassis and body would have to be new. IMO you run grandfathered until you see how the land lies. Otherwise you're in for a major wind-tunnel program which only the Grandees can afford.

Andy
Old 29 Sep 2003, 17:30 (Ref:734386)   #122
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just seen this on ACO's site its the poster for the LMES race.

Old 29 Sep 2003, 21:08 (Ref:734598)   #123
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Since the deadline is tomorow for entries, do we have any indication as to when we might see an "Entry/Invite List"????

Old 29 Sep 2003, 21:17 (Ref:734602)   #124
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That is correct Tim, hopefully we should know with in the next couple of days who's in and who's not.
Old 30 Sep 2003, 05:15 (Ref:734843)   #125
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Notice the domination of Dutch's teams on the poster !