Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 20 Sep 2012, 07:51 (Ref:3138901)   #101
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
We have gone a bit off topic, haven't we...

Lisa Lewis drove a V8 Ute for a while, I wonder if she will appear on the show...
gb deserves to be banned for mentioning her name in these forums!
Old 20 Sep 2012, 07:56 (Ref:3138904)   #102
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by harcey View Post
dont think she ever actually raced a ute...she took lots of photos and talked it up........used to state how fast she was in one of those formula challenge things quoting her sensational lap times from the 2k short track comparing with times from the full track....poor thing...
that pretty much sums it up
Old 20 Sep 2012, 08:07 (Ref:3138911)   #103
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
gb deserves to be banned for mentioning her name in these forums!
yay, you're back!!
Old 24 Sep 2012, 09:21 (Ref:3140764)   #104
Member CCC
Rookie

Member CCC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
Old 24 Sep 2012, 09:49 (Ref:3140792)   #105
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
lol 15 mins of newbreaks ...talk about a whinger
Old 24 Sep 2012, 20:54 (Ref:3141080)   #106
supercar_freek
Rookie

supercar_freek should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From Facebook
Quote:
Shaun Summerfield Hi guys, hope this will improve your Monday a touch. There will only be a 5 minute News update at 6pm. And the race will be (as it has been for the last 3 years that I have fronted it) 100% live. No delays.
There is only one problem here. TV3 always says that it is a short break for the news. However they forget to mention that either side of that news break are ads. The news isn't important to them it is the high value ads they fit in at 6pm. I am willing to put money on the fact that from the cut in the racing to the return to racing is not 5 min! It will be a minimum of 10 and most likely 15min.

However I don't really care because the last 2 years I have watched it live without the need of TV3's feed and this year I will be there.
Old 25 Sep 2012, 00:48 (Ref:3141166)   #107
Sommersby
Racer

Sommersby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercar_freek View Post
From Facebook

There is only one problem here. TV3 always says that it is a short break for the news. However they forget to mention that either side of that news break are ads. The news isn't important to them it is the high value ads they fit in at 6pm. I am willing to put money on the fact that from the cut in the racing to the return to racing is not 5 min! It will be a minimum of 10 and most likely 15min.

However I don't really care because the last 2 years I have watched it live without the need of TV3's feed and this year I will be there.
I glad you'll be able to experience Bathurst first hand 'freek.

But you're way out of line with those comments. Last year I threw to news, and then came out of news. Also, we'd used up our ad break quota, so we took around 6min less commercial time than Aussie over the last hour (ie more action). Added to this, we remained live, while Aussie audiences had to watch in delay. We screened the finish close to 15 minutes before them. In fact, the only reason we missed the main part of the podium, is because it was delayed to fit in the Aussie TV schedule. As I've said before - when we get it wrong we deserve all we get. But come on, credit where it's due.

Last edited by Sommersby; 25 Sep 2012 at 00:49. Reason: spelling
Old 25 Sep 2012, 02:53 (Ref:3141206)   #108
supercar_freek
Rookie

Credit where credit is due... OK, Yes you personally and Nigel are doing all you can to fight for us. I thank you for that. I have always found you plesant to deal with. This is not a personal attack on you but towards TV3.
I don't remember there being a delay in the podium on the live feed I was viewing so am unsure why it would have been delayed considering Aussie (As you stated) was at that stage running a delayed broadcast. But then my memory may have faded and I also got to watch the full podium so didn't take much notice.

What annoys me the most and is part of the reason behind my frustration is that only 2 weeks out from the biggest motorsport race to be aired on NZ TV and TV3 still had the fans in the dark over what would be happening. The fact that discussions on this and other forums end up so angry that you personally have to come in here and comment shows that you care but your employer doesnt give a toss.
If TV3 had not promoted the GC or other new programs, no one would watch them. If they played these during the same late night slots that we get motorsport on, the viewer numbers would drop off. Yes, Motorsport will never be the most popular show you have but over the years that TV3 has had the contract I would not be surprised if viewer numbers had dropped significantly. On the other hand if it was promoted better and scheduled at a reasonable hour then surely it would see viewer numbers grow.

Surely when TV3 bid for the coverage there must have been growth stats produced and a reason to bid for the coverage. I don't know what the internal politics are but there must be something going on for TV3 to bid for something and then ruin it.
It would be like buying a mint condition hot rod and leaving it outside for 5 years and then claiming that it no one wants it and its not worth repairing due to its age.

I am sure you can understand the years of frustration towards TV3 that have built up. It must be hard for you as I know you are passionate about this sport too and you would be in here if you weren't! So I apologise if you were upset by my comments.
Old 25 Sep 2012, 03:14 (Ref:3141210)   #109
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just want to put my hand up and say I think that the Bathurst production on TV3 is very good, I just want to see someone other than Andy Booth on the coverage. Get someone who has had experience at Bathurst e.g. the Rat, Kayne Scott. I find that Andy doesn't give the informed and interesting opinion that I what to hear during Bathurst. He is fine for the normal rounds but not Bathurst.

Could you post a schedule for the TV coverage for Bathurst please.
Old 25 Sep 2012, 03:22 (Ref:3141212)   #110
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I actually dont think TV3's coverage is any worse than TVNZ's was, I seem to recall the same compaints when TVNZ had the rights as well..and lets not forget the years where TVNZ bought the rights just so TV3 couldn't and then didn't show them anyway. Certainly I think that better promotion etc would maybe increase viewer numbers throughout the year. The reality is that motorsport will always face an up hill battle against the likes of rugby and cricket etc. Due in part to internal politics I'm guessing, there will be those that don't like it and don't get it at the top and they are ultimately the ones who make the decisions.

And certainly we can't take it out on Shaun, he is very passionate about the sport and has become a target because of that passion.
Old 25 Sep 2012, 03:24 (Ref:3141213)   #111
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingduck View Post
I just want to put my hand up and say I think that the Bathurst production on TV3 is very good, I just want to see someone other than Andy Booth on the coverage. Get someone who has had experience at Bathurst e.g. the Rat, Kayne Scott. I find that Andy doesn't give the informed and interesting opinion that I what to hear during Bathurst. He is fine for the normal rounds but not Bathurst.

Please not Kayne...I'd rather listen to a cat in the blender.....my 5 year old whines less
Old 25 Sep 2012, 04:43 (Ref:3141225)   #112
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I agree with most that you say and I think the Rat would be the ideal choice in my view. Very informative speaker and a been there and done that guy.
Old 25 Sep 2012, 04:54 (Ref:3141227)   #113
M Jones
Rookie

M Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really hope TV3 signs up for the V8's for the next few years as I don't want to be paying for Sky. I can see things are going to be very interesting next season and to be honest, missing next season would be terrible!

I would tend to think viewer numbers will go up now that Merc and Nissan are involved, and if the races were shown on TV3 at better times that would be much better for average joe as currently its only really the diehards (I'm one of these!!!) that would tape or watch these races late at night.
Old 25 Sep 2012, 05:28 (Ref:3141236)   #114
Sommersby
Racer

Sommersby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercar_freek View Post
I don't remember there being a delay in the podium on the live feed I was viewing so am unsure why it would have been delayed considering Aussie (As you stated) was at that stage running a delayed broadcast. But then my memory may have faded and I also got to watch the full podium so didn't take much notice.
The actual podium itself was held up, it was like holding a video camera waiting for your baby to take its first steps. There was plenty of other stuff going on, but it was the podium we wanted. Compare it to how quickly they usually get up there.

Anyway, pace yourself with that slab!
Old 25 Sep 2012, 07:28 (Ref:3141270)   #115
supercar_freek
Rookie

Thanks Sommersby
I am in the grandstand which is non BYO so my wallet will be pacing me I think :-)
Old 25 Sep 2012, 10:10 (Ref:3141331)   #116
Racer Mike
Racer

New Zealand
Racer Mike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Freek, hope you were just watching TV3 and viewed the CRC Bathurst preview........
Old 25 Sep 2012, 20:25 (Ref:3141639)   #117
supercar_freek
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Mike View Post
Hey Freek, hope you were just watching TV3 and viewed the CRC Bathurst preview........
I would have if I had known about it.
Did you see it advertised somewhere of just stumble across it while channel surfing?
Old 25 Sep 2012, 21:54 (Ref:3141699)   #118
TV3
Rookie

TV3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Good news Supercar Fans... I can confirm TV3 will start the Bathurst 1000 telecast at 10am on Sunday morning. From 10am-11am we will have the Top 10 Shoot Out plus reports from Bathurst with Kiwi Driver I/V's etc... at 11am we will cross to Channels 7's coverage (30 minutes earlier than previously) to take advantage of the 50th Anniversary build up. Race start will be 1230 and we will be live all day, we will take commercial breaks at the same time as Channel 7. Another piece of good news is we do not have as many Comm Breaks as the Aussies. There will be a 5 minute News Break at 6pm and all going well the Race and Podium will be done by 7.15pm... if the race runs late that's when things get messy.. fingers crossed they don't and lets hope the Kiwi's do well.
Nigel
TV3 CRC Motorsport Producer
Old 25 Sep 2012, 22:22 (Ref:3141712)   #119
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Nigel will you show anything on Saturday?
Old 25 Sep 2012, 22:38 (Ref:3141715)   #120
TV3
Rookie

TV3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks Nigel will you show anything on Saturday?
Sorry Flying Duck, no Bathurst coverage on Saturday.. Shaun & I tried but were unsuccessful. Cheers
Old 25 Sep 2012, 22:45 (Ref:3141717)   #121
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Just thought of a good idea...get some bimbo airheads on the show and TV3 will throw truckloads of promotion at it ...actually how about the Ridges...afterall they were at the Hampton Downs round of the Supertourers
Old 26 Sep 2012, 00:45 (Ref:3141761)   #122
Vanishing Point
Racer

Vanishing Point should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evomike View Post
Just thought of a good idea...get some bimbo airheads on the show and TV3 will throw truckloads of promotion at it ...actually how about the Ridges...afterall they were at the Hampton Downs round of the Supertourers
Careful what you wish for Mike!
Old 26 Sep 2012, 01:03 (Ref:3141766)   #123
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanishing Point View Post
Careful what you wish for Mike!
exactly. remembering we were subjected to Tracey and co from the Rock radio station.
Old 26 Sep 2012, 04:48 (Ref:3141804)   #124
Vanishing Point
Racer

Vanishing Point should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
exactly. remembering we were subjected to Tracey and co from the Rock radio station.
Thanks for reminding me Joe! Shaun ain't as good to look at but wins hands down..
Old 26 Sep 2012, 06:21 (Ref:3141826)   #125
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanishing Point View Post
Thanks for reminding me Joe! Shaun ain't as good to look at but wins hands down..
butt kisser