Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Closed Thread

Old 10 Nov 2011, 18:10 (Ref:2984071)   #101
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Information from Dallara contact, for Dallara F312s sold so far.

British F3
Carlin 5
Fortec 3
no others sold

Euroseries F3
none sold - does anyone really think it will continue?

European F3 Open
West-Tec 3
RP Motorsport 2
Corbetta 1
Cedars 1
de Villota 2
Top F3 1

Italian F3
Series stays with old cars, although numbers were very poor in 2011

German F3
Will not allow newest cars. Numbers poor this year, trying very hard to tempt teams from Euroseries
Old 10 Nov 2011, 20:48 (Ref:2984122)   #102
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Very interesting numbers. Thanks. I think more BF3 teams will buy new cars but only when they have signed drivers for them. Dallara don't have a stampede on their hands, do they?

Carlin might run a National Class car as well and win that, just to prove a point. That would be my advice. Sainz is flying in testing. It'll be interesting to see where Buller ends up. Not Carlin for sure.

Until the calendar was announced on Monday, everyone though they were going to the Nurburgring and some teams have been testing there, which turns out to have been a bit of a waste of time. There may yet be further calendar changes.

The decision to change the Race 2 format came from the teams, but it was not a majority decision and some didn't know about it, such is the the brilliance of communication.
Old 10 Nov 2011, 20:49 (Ref:2984124)   #103
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who would have thought that European F3 Open would have more orders in place than British F3?!
Old 10 Nov 2011, 20:59 (Ref:2984127)   #104
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
I think more BF3 teams will buy new cars but only when they have signed drivers for them. Dallara don't have a stampede on their hands, do they?
Drivers with £650k to spend will generally have signed up by now, even if they haven't been announced so I wouldn't be so sure strider old boy.

Quote:
It'll be interesting to see where Buller ends up. Not Carlin for sure.
I'd wager you that is exactly where he'll end up though not in F3!

Should have said before, don't know how many new cars have been ordered in Japan.
Old 10 Nov 2011, 22:33 (Ref:2984154)   #105
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Drivers with £650k to spend will generally have signed up by now, even if they haven't been announced so I wouldn't be so sure strider old boy.
You know best, of course but I think next year could be an interim year. The fact that the chassis are changing then but the engines not until the following year is confusing the issue.
Quote:
I'd wager you that is exactly where he'll end up though not in F3!
This is an an F3 thread and he has tested with at least two other F3 teams. If he were going to Carlin for FRenault 3.5, why has he not been testing with them? Maybe he's going to vault straight into GP2 and get lost. Oh, hang on, they're in Abu Dhabi right now and I haven't seen his name mentioned there either. A bit more than your figure of £650K as well...
Quote:
Should have said before, don't know how many new cars have been ordered in Japan.
Not really relevant until next year's Macau.
Old 10 Nov 2011, 22:53 (Ref:2984161)   #106
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
This is an an F3 thread and he has tested with at least two other F3 teams. If he were going to Carlin for FRenault 3.5, why has he not been testing with them? Maybe he's going to vault straight into GP2 and get lost. Oh, hang on, they're in Abu Dhabi right now and I haven't seen his name mentioned there either. A bit more than your figure of £650K as well...
No need for your sarcasm.

As the self-appointed F3 font-of-all knowledge on here, and an obvious founder menmber of the Carlin fan club, it is a surprise you don't even know all of the series they operate in currently...
Old 10 Nov 2011, 23:08 (Ref:2984162)   #107
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Formula Lawnmower doesn't count in my book, but he didn't do that test either.

I don't consider myself the fount (sic) of all F3 knowledge on here, but if you don't like my posts feel free to ignore them. I'm not bothered either way.
Old 21 Nov 2011, 17:36 (Ref:2989708)   #108
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
It'll be interesting to see where Buller ends up. Not Carlin for sure.
Quote:
Formula Lawnmower doesn't count in my book, but he didn't do that test either.
Have you heard who is testing GP3 with Carlin this week?

Last edited by chunterer; 22 Nov 2011 at 06:59. Reason: host discretion
Old 25 Nov 2011, 20:34 (Ref:2991356)   #109
Frosty11
Rookie

Frosty11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2012 British F3 Silly Season

Carlin: Carlos Sainz Jnr
Fortec: Pipo Derani
Alex Lynn

Any other suggestions??
Old 26 Nov 2011, 10:28 (Ref:2991523)   #110
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hannes van Asseldonk perhaps? He drove with Hitech racing at Macau.
Old 26 Nov 2011, 12:14 (Ref:2991557)   #111
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
Hannes van Asseldonk perhaps? He drove with Hitech racing at Macau.
I wouldn't draw any conclusions on that. I think Stanaway and van Asseldonk where VW backed in Macau and as Van Amersfoort has only one current spec car, their number 1 driver got that one. Of other VW teams, Motopark is uncompetitive, Carlin had their seats filled with their own drivers and Signature was most likely much more expensive than Hitech.
Old 26 Nov 2011, 13:35 (Ref:2991574)   #112
blindfold
Rookie

blindfold should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Valker;2991557]I wouldn't draw any conclusions on that. I think Stanaway and van Asseldonk where VW backed in Macau and as Van Amersfoort has only one current spec car, their number 1 driver got that one

I think all of that is actually false.
Old 27 Nov 2011, 04:40 (Ref:2991811)   #113
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Have you heard who is testing GP3 with Carlin this week?
Conor Daly and Tom Blomqvist.

Tom Blom. I like that. I'm making that a thing.
Old 27 Nov 2011, 11:19 (Ref:2991889)   #114
peebee2
Veteran

Suggested for Carlin:

Sainz
Harvey
Fantin
Jaafar (or could do FR3.5 if they can resolve the Petronas/Elf clash)
Tincknell

+ 3 National Class cars

T-Sport:

Richard Goddard in National Class (finished 10th out of 10 cars that competed all year in British Formula Ford not being a great sign)
Old 28 Nov 2011, 00:49 (Ref:2992239)   #115
Deemun
Racer

Deemun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Suggested for Carlin:

Sainz
Harvey
Fantin
Tincknell

+ 3 National Class cars

T-Sport:

Richard Goddard in National Class (finished 10th out of 10 cars that competed all year in British Formula Ford not being a great sign)
Agreed. He was compltely outclassed by his team mates. The driver of the year in FF was without doubt Scott Malvern but I don't see any F3 teams rushing to sign him up. Now I wonder why that is..................
Old 30 Nov 2011, 10:45 (Ref:2993423)   #116
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
No problem. Lukoil and Cepsa were present in the series with Carlin and Epsilon, with Epsilon team did not use Elf stickers on its cars.
Old 13 Dec 2011, 00:30 (Ref:2998987)   #117
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Carlin are running five new cars in the International Class and I honestly don't think they'll run a car in the National Class.

However, it is an option for teams that don't want or can't afford to upgrade. They can offer deals to drivers at sensible prices.
Old 21 Dec 2011, 12:38 (Ref:3002656)   #118
META4
Veteran

META4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brazilian Pietro Fantin will be back in British F3 next season

http://grandepremio.ig.com.br/outras...+10538192.html
Old 4 Jan 2012, 17:52 (Ref:3007236)   #119
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Felix Seralles from Puerto Rico will also be with Fortec this year.

http://www.formula3.co/news/felix-se...sh-f3-campaign
Old 4 Jan 2012, 23:19 (Ref:3007444)   #120
Deemun
Racer

Deemun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Felix Seralles from Puerto Rico will also be with Fortec this year.

http://www.formula3.co/news/felix-se...sh-f3-campaign
He didn't exactly set the world alight in Formula Renault in 2011 & now he is stepping up to F3. Is he ready you have to ask? But then again what does that have to do with it? In his defence he is probably more ready than Richard "Spike" Goddard. It's annoying though. There are far more talented drivers out there that should be in F3 but the teams arn't talking to them because they don't have the funds.
Old 5 Jan 2012, 19:21 (Ref:3007813)   #121
blindfold
Rookie

blindfold should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deemun View Post
He didn't exactly set the world alight in Formula Renault in 2011 & now he is stepping up to F3. Is he ready you have to ask? But then again what does that have to do with it? In his defence he is probably more ready than Richard "Spike" Goddard. It's annoying though. There are far more talented drivers out there that should be in F3 but the teams arn't talking to them because they don't have the funds.
But given that there is an expensive new car and gearbox combo to buy this year, then who'd blame them?

But by all accounts this season might be a Carlin vs. Fortec only affair...
Old 6 Jan 2012, 11:40 (Ref:3008110)   #122
FFfan
Racer

FFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deemun View Post
I understand your frustration more than most believe me, but in fairness to Spike I think he is very well aware that he is going to have to work very hard this year and it's going to be quite a steep learning curve for him.

If he'd have stayed for a 2nd season in British Formula Ford he'd have had to learn a new car anyway with FF changing over to the ECOboost model this year so in his position he may as well move now and learn the car & championship that he hopes to become competitive in in time for 2013.

It's not that unusual. If you think back a few years Max Chilton went directly to British F3 from T-cars at 15 or 16 years old by-passing all of the junior single seater formulae.

It's just a case of cutting your cloth...........we never begrudge anyone else their opportunity. We just keep working extremely hard to try to ensure that Scott gets his chance

Dominic Malvern
Old 9 Jan 2012, 20:21 (Ref:3009504)   #123
Richard B
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
Richard B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jack Harvey signs for another season with Carlin.
http://www.formula3.co/news/jack-s-b...tish-formula-3
Old 10 Jan 2012, 10:01 (Ref:3009741)   #124
Lam Pak
Veteran

Lam Pak has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
sino vision is leave the championship. very bad news for british f3.
Old 10 Jan 2012, 14:01 (Ref:3009839)   #125
edenrace
Racer

edenrace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Expected as the team was set up and owned by Adderly Fong who is moving on to another formula. CF Racing who ran with them in 2011 will continue with F3.
Closed Thread