Old 24 Mar 2004, 15:15 (Ref:918009)   #101
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so the handling is ok then Ayse?
BTW one advice tip i'll give is this,
when in the PTC launcher go to the controllers option, and there should be some numbers for setting axes centres, set the ones you use for your throttle and brake to 1.00000 (they're normally 0.5). This allows more use of the pedals axis (smoother action, or so i fell anyway)
Old 24 Mar 2004, 16:21 (Ref:918073)   #102
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, its fine Ed, particularly now I've changed the FF to -65.

I think I've already changed the brake and throttle settings - I picked that up somewhere else.

I'm really impressed with most aspects of the mod.

One thing though, why can't I see anywhere the number of laps in a race until I'm actually in it? (I know about the race length changer).
Old 24 Mar 2004, 16:42 (Ref:918096)   #103
jpc
Rookie

jpc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think you can see the number of laps until you get to the pre-race screen - i've always had to guess at what at 35% race distance would be depending on what the 100% distance is setup to be in the config file for the track.

I'm using the wheel setup posted on RSC for the MOMO force and it seems much lighter and vague than the feeling you get from the ETCC mod or from GTR. Does it feel like that for anyone else?
Old 24 Mar 2004, 16:47 (Ref:918102)   #104
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
I dunno to be honest, but it might have something to do with the easy modding of files (or an oversight by EA, as I know NR2003 sets races using %, but also supplies a lap count)
To get my setups right (fuel level etc), what i do is this. Before you jump into the car for the start, have a look above the TV veiw on the right, number of laps should be there. Then chage your fuel settings, and go race.

As i stated over at RSC, i'm not actually using exactly the smae settings now, I too found them a little light. If you want I'll post my settings later on (when i get home, which'll be about 7:30-8, its gym night tonight)

Last edited by Try Hard; 24 Mar 2004 at 16:49.
Old 24 Mar 2004, 17:18 (Ref:918142)   #105
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blimey seems like we have a few converts
I'm very envious at the moment, havent had a chance to drive anything for weeks, and no time to download on a modem.
I know in F1C the compact timing screens with setups, info etc dont show the laps of the race and you have to change the view to the full version before starting the race.
Old 24 Mar 2004, 17:23 (Ref:918149)   #106
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Errr actually just one question..
I have had some issues with the ETC and DTM mods which i think is due to the huge levels of detail on the cars and it would crash during a race. What detail levels are people running? how many cars on screen?
thanks

Mark
Old 24 Mar 2004, 17:29 (Ref:918154)   #107
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm runninmg "high" on pretty well anything, full on some things. But nothing less than high. With full grids too.

Is there any way you can save a race part-way through - I'm presuming not......?

My MOMO feels fine now. I've made no changings to my pc or Wingman Profiler settings (I'm not prepared to change anything which may alter the way GPL drives). I can post my other settings later - got to go to a parents evening in a minute......
Old 24 Mar 2004, 18:27 (Ref:918214)   #108
jpc
Rookie

jpc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think I will play around with my wheel settings at the weekend as PTC looks brilliant but just doesn't feel "right" at the moment. Just need to stiffen the force-feedback up I think.

You can't save mid-race which is a huge pain. If someone could fix that the world would be a better place!!!
Old 24 Mar 2004, 18:50 (Ref:918241)   #109
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
As Ed (Try Hard) said earlier, if you have a Logi wheel, try some reasonably heavy -ive settings. It was hopeless when I (naturally enough) used positive settings, but now I'm using about -65, it feels good to me - if you like your FF a little "firmer", take it a bit more negative.
Old 24 Mar 2004, 18:53 (Ref:918242)   #110
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
And yes, just think of a mid-race save - cranking up the laps in the ini file (I think) would possibly let you run the 300+ laps you'd need at Le Mans. The save facility would let you run an approximate 24 hours in real time - but you'd have to have a few breaks! On the old (and very poor) Infogrammes Le Mans game, you could run real time (although the clock ran mysteriously fast) - I got 7 hours in once........ But you could only save at a pitstop - which meant that if tea was ready (for example), half way through a stint, you had to make an unnecessary stop to save it. Daft.
Old 24 Mar 2004, 19:06 (Ref:918251)   #111
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
By the way, right now I'm downloading Le Mans at Night. Haven't a clue how to install it, but I have a link to a site which apparently will show me how....... Screenies to follow if successful
Old 24 Mar 2004, 19:37 (Ref:918284)   #112
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy.........

But why won't my headlights switch on? They're mapped to a button on my wheel......

Last edited by Aysedasi; 14 Jun 2006 at 19:54.
Old 24 Mar 2004, 20:15 (Ref:918328)   #113
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
it's something to do with the lights not being allowed in the game engine or something, if one of the settings in wrong in a flie, saw something over about it at RSC in the tech forum.
Ok these are my MOMO Racing settings

In the profiler:
Overall strength: 95%
spring strength: 95%
Damper strength: 0%
Centring Spring: 0%
I also use seperate axis pedals.

In the PTC launcher, under the controller menu:
X-Axis centre: 0.5 (steering)
y-Axis centre: 1.0 (throttle)
z-Axis centre: 0.5
RX-Axis centre: 0.5
RY-Axis centre: 0.5
RZ-Axis centre: 1.0 (brake)

In the Force Feedback Menu:
Force Feedback: On
Device type: Wheel
Effects Level: Full
Force Feedback Strength: -95%
FFB Steer Vibe Freq: 0.2
FFB throttle Vibe Freq: 0.25
FFB brake Vibe Freq: 0.9
FFB rumble strip pull factor: -0.8
(the specific FFB settings should be adjusted in your PLR first, see here , then you can use the launcher after that)

In Game:
all sensitivitys set at 50%
All dead zone's at 0%

Hope it helps
Ed
Old 24 Mar 2004, 20:27 (Ref:918335)   #114
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ayse, where did you find that track?
Old 24 Mar 2004, 20:51 (Ref:918355)   #115
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Shame about the lights. But there are screenshots on the Virtua LM forum of cars with the lights on........?

I got the track from here:-

le mans night

Go here for a great list of available tracks:-

tracks

I've just added Nurby. I started a race which I didn't actually take part in just to save some replay. Awesome. A word I've used rather a lot in the last few days....
Old 24 Mar 2004, 20:52 (Ref:918356)   #116
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
A quick Nurby screenie.....

Last edited by Aysedasi; 14 Jun 2006 at 19:54.
Old 24 Mar 2004, 20:54 (Ref:918357)   #117
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Oh, and if you need it, incredibly simple instructions on track installation here:-

track install
Old 24 Mar 2004, 21:05 (Ref:918367)   #118
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Damn it! Looks like I've got a busy weekend ahead now then, what with Splinter and Metal Gear Solid both being released this weekend too.
Old 24 Mar 2004, 21:30 (Ref:918382)   #119
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Arrrggghh!! I can't get F1C until the end of the month!

Well, it looks like we'll be doing a few Group C races in the future eh lads?

If it gets the Ayse seal of approval then it must be good!

Last edited by Spudgun; 24 Mar 2004 at 21:30.
Old 24 Mar 2004, 21:48 (Ref:918402)   #120
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It is good guys - and I'm only just a few days into the learning process. Just imagine an online league race (if that's possible) at Le Mans or the Ring in these beasts.... my mouth is watering already....
Old 24 Mar 2004, 22:05 (Ref:918424)   #121
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
oh its possible Ayse thats for sure, me and es already raced against each other online, don't see any reason why any one else can't..
Old 24 Mar 2004, 22:50 (Ref:918486)   #122
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks for the links

I see your 10,000th post is coming soon
Old 24 Mar 2004, 23:22 (Ref:918522)   #123
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
this might be suitable to some, Turbo F1 Cars. Ok it won't be as polished as Virtua_lm's but it probably wil be good fun
http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=139693

Ed
Old 25 Mar 2004, 02:15 (Ref:918652)   #124
Matt Lucas
Racer

Matt Lucas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
How do you feel about the latest incarnation of your Le Mans track?
Not sure as I haven't downloaded it. I'm sure it is better than the first pass though. I really have very little time for race sims at the moment as I am trying to build my own car - Nissan SR20 powered Westfield. Still keep tabs on what is going on here and at RSC though.

Not sure that you will be able to do 300+ laps at Le Mans. I think the game limit is 2 hours, since the F1 show has to be done and dusted in that time. This limit may have been dumped in F1C though, so perhaps someone would let me know if they have driven more than 2 hours in one stint.

Matt
Old 25 Mar 2004, 15:12 (Ref:919193)   #125
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Down F0rce
Thanks for the links

I see your 10,000th post is coming soon

Yes indeed, the "sadness" indicator is getting very close.....