Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 18 May 2004, 21:47 (Ref:974849)   #101
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by sgw2
Tim,

PDM's car is not up to current specs, and they haven't taken it out of the crate. Leasing from Barnes is the deal. At least taht is what I was told.

Wasn't aware of that....which would reduce the # of cars that other people could lease by one from that list....

Now....for a little bit of "What if???"

if the IRL starts helping people with $$$, will anybody risk a car only to get it bumped???

Or look at a scenario or two...

AJ's cars get bumped after the IRL pays for "Rent-A-Rides"....

How would that one go over???

He has stood behind the Speedway, the Hulman family and the IRL from day one...

That's the "reason behind the reason" why there was no bumping last year....at least that's the way I understood it....

They shut the place down after the 33rd car got in....and the deal had been cut where "You risk this car, you're in the show" had been the final deal, that was sweetened with some cash to help fund the efforts....

Hell....Last Place at Indy pays you almost as much as winning purses in other Series....

That could happen again....

But I think there will be "One" bump....Roth....

I watched him in traffic during the 30 min. session they held prior to "Pole Day" qualifying....he was in the way of faster cars the entire session...

He almost makes Hiro Matsushida look like Sterling Moss....

Almost....but even THAT would be a stretch when you consider Hiro's record...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 18 May 2004, 21:58 (Ref:974873)   #102
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If PDM has its own chassis, etc. ( a Dallara Chevy?) the three cars would be the Panther #44, the #23 D & R, and the Mo Nunn #18....with Lazier in the Penske G-Force...

This was in one of my posts above and it has an error....

The Mo Nunn car is #21....

Since this seems to be getting confusing:

26 are in:

PJ Jones is 27
Marty Roth is 28
Greg Ray is 29...

On the "Bump List" running order for Sunday, the TBA's are:

#18...which sqw2 says has to be a lease of the #44 from Panther
#21...Mo Nunn's car
#23...D & R's car...
#66...a Penske G-Force
#66T...the other Penske G-Force

Unless Penske leases both of those cars, or anyone else risks "leasing out" a "T" car that backs another qualified car, we can't have a bump....

Unless my math is really cockeyed here....

One American Open Wheel Series!