Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 7 May 2023, 17:32 (Ref:4154867)   #101
Trebor902
Rookie

Trebor902 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He will be getting a fine or worse if he speaks like that in a live interview
Old 7 May 2023, 17:33 (Ref:4154868)   #102
mick bennett
Rookie

mick bennett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Collard needs to grow up , driving was dangerous, let alone track limits excesses.

Forza Ash simply superb, 4th Championship this year. Cammish and Hill very quiet.
Old 7 May 2023, 17:35 (Ref:4154869)   #103
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
I thought #33 in that Legends crash had pulled up to help the guy out who rolled… never seen someone run away so fast!
Looked to me like he was running for an extinguisher.
Old 7 May 2023, 17:35 (Ref:4154870)   #104
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
Looked to me like he was running for an extinguisher.
That makes sense.
Old 7 May 2023, 17:39 (Ref:4154872)   #105
Heavyd123
Rookie

Heavyd123 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely collard was warned about his other track limits? So it shouldn’t have came as much of a suprise?
Old 7 May 2023, 17:43 (Ref:4154874)   #106
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyd123 View Post
Surely collard was warned about his other track limits? So it shouldn’t have came as much of a suprise?
TSL showed a warning flag earlier in the session but nothing else that I could see. He definitely deserved a penalty but I'm confused as to how it's 10 seconds.
Old 7 May 2023, 17:48 (Ref:4154875)   #107
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Just back from brands, Great day and some good racing, although support races were rather unexciting to say the least. Great last btcc race and i though collard drove a fine race, sure he held back sutton but that is why it is called racing, it would be a poor race if he just let sutton pass but that appears to be what some people want.
Old 7 May 2023, 17:50 (Ref:4154877)   #108
Heavyd123
Rookie

Heavyd123 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess when he put Sutton on the grass, ash just settled for 2nd on track when he knew he had the win anyway and didn’t want to risk another overtake attempt…
Old 7 May 2023, 17:55 (Ref:4154878)   #109
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Just back from brands, Great day and some good racing, although support races were rather unexciting to say the least. Great last btcc race and i though collard drove a fine race, sure he held back sutton but that is why it is called racing, it would be a poor race if he just let sutton pass but that appears to be what some people want.
Nothing wrong with holding someone back as long as you do it within the rules. Driving way off the track to do it isn't on.
Old 7 May 2023, 17:59 (Ref:4154879)   #110
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyd123 View Post

According to Tim Harvey, that would have been after the 4th or 5th warning or notification to Collard and the team that he had gone beyond track limits. Having watched both Collard and Sutton in line astern, it was very noticeable that Sutton did not stray over the line anywhere near as much as Collard.

Collard needs to be aware that the rules apply to all the drivers, not just him. Also, I thought that his squeezing Sutton on to the grass on the pit straight was very bad form; the rules forbid that when alongside your competitor. A 10 second penalty, IMHO, would have been justified just for that alone.
Old 7 May 2023, 18:00 (Ref:4154880)   #111
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
https://www.barc.net/wp-content/uplo...rt-De-Haan.pdf

To no real surprise, De Haan gets a 2 place penalty for overtaking under the safety car.
Old 7 May 2023, 18:11 (Ref:4154883)   #112
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
According to Tim Harvey, that would have been after the 4th or 5th warning or notification to Collard and the team that he had gone beyond track limits.
The 4th warning is 10 seconds but that is preceded by a 5 second one so I don't see how he got 10 seconds on it's own.

Mind you they seem to be running to a mixture of existing and proposed rules so perhaps the penalty system is different to anything in the Blue Book or in the proposed regs.
Old 7 May 2023, 18:24 (Ref:4154884)   #113
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
The 4th warning is 10 seconds but that is preceded by a 5 second one so I don't see how he got 10 seconds on it's own.

Mind you they seem to be running to a mixture of existing and proposed rules so perhaps the penalty system is different to anything in the Blue Book or in the proposed regs.
The new rules are here - https://www.motorsportuk.org/wp-cont...Limits-3-1.pdf

I can’t make it add up to 10 seconds unless I’ve misunderstood completely.

The team (and the family) will no doubt be disputing this with the officials as we speak.
Old 7 May 2023, 18:42 (Ref:4154885)   #114
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Are track limits disputable as I’m sure there enforced by judges of facts.
Old 7 May 2023, 18:53 (Ref:4154888)   #115
Evantra
Veteran

England
So the option tyres are meant to spice things up… the same four drivers were in the top five positions in each race.

Not that today was lacking action, but if anything the softs just seemed to help the drivers who would be finishing at the front anyway.
Old 7 May 2023, 18:54 (Ref:4154889)   #116
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
Are track limits disputable as I’m sure there enforced by judges of facts.

And, I believe, by track limit pads at all of the MSV circuits which when activated electronically notifies the race director, and would also record the errant car's transponder number.
Old 7 May 2023, 18:57 (Ref:4154890)   #117
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
So the option tyres are meant to spice things up… the same four drivers were in the top five positions in each race.

Not that today was lacking action, but if anything today the softs just seemed to help the drivers who would be finishing at the front anyway.

A number of drivers claimed that they hadn't been able to dial their cars in because they didn't have any dry running with the softs prior to the races, and therefore weren't able to achieve any benefit - in fact the opposite - from their use.
Old 7 May 2023, 18:59 (Ref:4154893)   #118
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
And, I believe, by track limit pads at all of the MSV circuits which when activated electronically notifies the race director, and would also record the errant car's transponder number.
That's no longer entirely true. The pads are placed further out based on the old rules. With the new rule being any part of the wheel over the line they are using observers to monitor.
Old 7 May 2023, 19:01 (Ref:4154894)   #119
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
That's no longer entirely true. The pads are placed further out based on the old rules. With the new rule being any part of the wheel over the line they are using observers to monitor.
Collard was so far out most of the time he would have been triggering the old rules anyway.
Old 7 May 2023, 19:28 (Ref:4154899)   #120
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The offence(s) are being reported as [multiple] track limit offences.

IIRC, the penalty would be a drive-through for the 4th offence, which becomes a 10sec if issued in the last 3 laps.
Old 7 May 2023, 19:31 (Ref:4154901)   #121
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
IIRC, the penalty would be a drive-through for the 4th offence, which becomes a 10sec if issued in the last 3 laps.
Somehow can’t image he would’ve taken that drive-through…
Old 7 May 2023, 19:41 (Ref:4154904)   #122
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The offence(s) are being reported as [multiple] track limit offences.

But they aren't applying the penalties from the proposed regs as far as I can see. Multiple drivers were shown warning flags without time penalties today and that doesn't exist in the new regs. It's an immediate penalty.

Plus if it was a drive through for in lieu of a drive through what about time penalties that precede that in the old and new rules?

Seems to me as though there is a 3rd set of rules somewhere as what has happened doesn't match with the old rules or proposed rules as far as I can see.
Old 7 May 2023, 20:03 (Ref:4154912)   #123
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
But they aren't applying the penalties from the proposed regs as far as I can see. Multiple drivers were shown warning flags without time penalties today and that doesn't exist in the new regs. It's an immediate penalty.

Plus if it was a drive through for in lieu of a drive through what about time penalties that precede that in the old and new rules?
The key point is that in old and new regs, it says penalties may be penalised as...

That gives scope for officials to apply a different scale of penalties.
Old 8 May 2023, 07:28 (Ref:4154957)   #124
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

Last edited by AnnoyedMoose; 8 May 2023 at 07:35. Reason: Changed my mind.
Old 8 May 2023, 08:55 (Ref:4154967)   #125
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All in all an interesting day of racing yesterday. Some great performances, some terrible performances, and some drivers/teams with a lot of work to do.

Driver of the day for me was Sutton, great performance from him in all three races. Special mentions to Osborne for having the best weekend of his career, and to Thompson for achieving his best ever finish.

Still way too early to call anything serious for the championship - but I think the top 5 (Sutton, Ingram, Cammish, Hill, Turkington) just seemed a cut above the rest this weekend.

My (subjective) scores out of 10 for drivers this weekend.

#1 - Tom Ingram - 9/10
#3 - Tom Chilton - 7.5/10
#14 - Ronan Pearson - 7/10
#22 - Nick Halstead - 5/10

#4 - Colin Turkington - 9/10
#12 - Stephen Jelley - 5/10
#24 - Jake Hill - 8.5/10
#33 - Adam Morgan - 7/10

#6 - Rory Butcher - 7/10
#37 - Ricky Collard - 8/10
#42 - George Gamble - 7/10

#27 - Dan Cammish - 9/10
#32 - Dan Rowbottom - 5/10
#77 - Sam Osborne - 7.5/10
#116 - Ash Sutton - 10/10

#11 - Andrew Watson - 5/10
#40 - Aron Taylor-Smith - 6/10
#88 - Mikey Doble - 6.5/10

#16 - Aiden Moffat - 6.5/10
#66 - Josh Cook - 7.5/10
#70 - Will Powell - 5/10

#17 - Dexter Patterson - 6/10
#99 - Jade Edwards - 5/10

#19 - Bobby Thompson - 9/10
#123 - Dan Lloyd - 7.5/10

#28 - Nicolas Hamilton - 5/10
#96 - Jack Butel - 6/10

I think I've been generous to a couple of drivers but on the whole everyone did an OK job and retirements were minimal outside race 1.