Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Feb 2006, 18:14 (Ref:1523585)   #101
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
It'll be nice to see it on track. Where will it be shaken down? Silverstone? Snetterton?

and then it is off to Paul Ricard for the big LMS test/publicity.
I'm pretty sure the Hybrid shakedown will take place at Donington, then two days at Magny Cours before the official LMS test at Paul Ricard. Their Sebring aspirations appear to have been abandoned.

But still no news (officially) on the second CA06/H which surprises me. I'll be gutted if it transpires that Nic and Jamie are no longer racing for Creation. Hopefully we're just waiting for a couple of pieces of paper to be signed although, like Zytek, they may be waiting to see if they are granted two entries at Le Mans...........

Canaqua will sponsor the Lister Storm in French GT as well as the LMP1 and Brandela and Stepec will bring their own commercial partners with them. It would appear that JCW is also part of the package as 'Tutor' to the new drivers. I see no reason for this project to impact financially on Creation's LMP1 plans.
Old 15 Feb 2006, 18:19 (Ref:1523591)   #102
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I thought that Minnassian and JCW were signed sometime last week . Or was that a vicious rumour ?

JCW as tutor for the GT1 car you mean ?
Old 15 Feb 2006, 18:36 (Ref:1523602)   #103
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
I thought that Minnassian and JCW were signed sometime last week . Or was that a vicious rumour ?

JCW as tutor for the GT1 car you mean ?
I've been away for the last week so if Nic and Jamie have signed, I missed it. But I've been trying to catch up and saw nothing on here or on DSC, so..........

And yes, JCW appears to be part of the GT1 package, similar I guess to the Highcroft/Dyson arrangement which involved Andy Wallace at the WDWT.
Old 15 Feb 2006, 18:47 (Ref:1523615)   #104
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Mariantic are reporting the Minnassian-JCW signing .

Cioci-Livio-Perazzini will drive the MC12 in selected Fia Gt events .
Old 15 Feb 2006, 21:23 (Ref:1523789)   #105
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Mariantic are reporting the Minnassian-JCW signing.
Well spotted that Badger!!

Seems the news originated from a Claude Foubert article on Infoscourse.org...........
Old 15 Feb 2006, 22:19 (Ref:1523840)   #106
The Badger
Veteran

Im thinking that a 2 car team will have a distinct advantage this year against a single car team . It is a teams championship after all .
Old 16 Mar 2006, 17:56 (Ref:1550396)   #107
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard that the Creation Hybrid did a shakedown at Donington Park today. Any Pics? Who was driving? How did it look?
Old 16 Mar 2006, 21:48 (Ref:1550593)   #108
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
It does not look so nice: http://www.infoscourse.org/article.php?sid=1784
Old 16 Mar 2006, 21:55 (Ref:1550598)   #109
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I like it!
Old 16 Mar 2006, 21:58 (Ref:1550599)   #110
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
There's certainly some very interesting aero work been done. That's quite a makeover!
Old 16 Mar 2006, 22:04 (Ref:1550605)   #111
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is it lower at the front, with a pointier nose?
Old 16 Mar 2006, 22:05 (Ref:1550607)   #112
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be nice to get some shots of the other angles.

I must say it looks a bit more like a brute with the inlet binnacle being so large. Takes a bit of getting used to. I hope that if/when they convert it into a full LMP1 they will do something better with the second roll hoop.
Old 18 Mar 2006, 11:50 (Ref:1551760)   #113
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Creation were at Silverstone yesterday and the new car completed 50 trouble-free laps. All four drivers did a stint in freezing conditions.

Infoscourse.org has the article and some more pics........
Old 19 Mar 2006, 13:20 (Ref:1552704)   #114
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hhhhhhhhhmmmmm, not sure what to make of the looks really, the great lines and shape of the old car are ruined at the rear due to the new rear aero work but it might just be the fact that there are no sponsor stickers on it so the decals might make a big difference and chamge the look of the thing and this year it looks like a stroke of communism is in the mix, it seems nearly all of the LMP1 teams are using the same JUDD 5.0 V10 but that isnt a bad thing though because it sounds like a viper gone hyper!
Old 19 Mar 2006, 13:56 (Ref:1552725)   #115
canam
Veteran

I know what you mean about the looks but I guess its the regs that force these cars in that direction. Rear overhangs have been reduced and those funny boxes behind the rear wheels are a requirement. I think I will get used to it though and, with stickering, it should look better. the stepped splitter does make it look a bit meaner.

Regarding the 5L Judd. Creation and pescarolo are using it (and the Swiss team with the new Courage). Courage itself and RfH are using a Mugen. Synergy are using the new AER V8 (as well as protran). Zytek will be using their own lump; Listerare using their own Chevy-derived motor. Audi are using a, ahem...yes, you know that already...the quiet motor. Sounds like there is a reasonable amount of variety here. Judds had many more engines last year.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 08:11 (Ref:1562035)   #116
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Creation have decided to keep the smaller (LMP675) wheels and tyres which they used on the DBA. The team believe this decision will give them an advantage at Le Mans where the reduced friction will give them a higher top speed.
Old 28 Mar 2006, 15:51 (Ref:1563434)   #117
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
I only noticed that the Creation also has F1 style exhaust coming out of the top of the bodywork: http://www.infoscourse.org/2006_LMS/...reation_02.jpg

The 3th car using this solution: Lola and Radical use it as well.
Old 28 Mar 2006, 16:21 (Ref:1563459)   #118
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by canam
Courage itself and RfH are using a Mugen.
RfH will use the 4L version with Courage using the 4.5L unit .
Old 1 Jun 2006, 12:05 (Ref:1624526)   #119
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
http://www.mulsannescorner.com/news.html has a very nice article about the design of the Creation CA06/H .
Old 1 Jun 2006, 12:55 (Ref:1624557)   #120
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I thought that there was a report on Dailysportscar that RfH had switched to a Judd engine from the Mugen engine.

Can someone clarify this???

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 1 Jun 2006, 12:59 (Ref:1624561)   #121
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Wout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The post above is from 28 March....we know about the switch to Judd since a week before Spa 1000 km.
Old 2 Jun 2006, 08:01 (Ref:1625201)   #122
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
http://www.mulsannescorner.com/news.html has a very nice article about the design of the Creation CA06/H .
Just been reading the article on Mike's site, and it got me thinking about 2007. It says Creation will be building a 'new' car for the new rules, but will this become a 'Creation' or a 'KWM' car and will be teams that are using the other KWM modified Reynards (Nasamax, ProTran and Zytek) be getting similar enhancements or seperate bespoke mods to their cars?
Old 2 Jun 2006, 08:48 (Ref:1625239)   #123
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus
Just been reading the article on Mike's site, and it got me thinking about 2007. It says Creation will be building a 'new' car for the new rules, but will this become a 'Creation' or a 'KWM' car and will be teams that are using the other KWM modified Reynards (Nasamax, ProTran and Zytek) be getting similar enhancements or seperate bespoke mods to their cars?
My understanding of the situation is that the new car will be homologated as a Creation, presumably a CA07.

It's the end of the line for the likes of the Nasamax/Protran/Zytek 04S/06S/Lister in LMP1 and the C65 in LMP2 which all become obsolete. This year is the end of the transition period and next year all cars must be to the new regs which means new tubs all round.
Old 3 Jun 2006, 15:01 (Ref:1626107)   #124
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Creation started a project with KWM about a real LMP1 and Protran and maybe even Nasamax will be back with there cars in 2007 too. Think KWM design one LMP1 tube and uses it for different projects. The rest of the car will be different I think, but thats logical if you look about the engines ( Judd, 4L AER and the wodka Nasamax engine). So everybody has a own project with KWM but I think KWM will use some parts in all cars.
Old 3 Jun 2006, 21:26 (Ref:1626278)   #125
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
full feature explaining all of this shortly in racecar engineering - I got pictures of the Creation with all bodywork off today - keep an eye on Mulsannes Corner and Racecar's site for these, loads more to come...