Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 15 Apr 2009, 12:06 (Ref:2441293)   #101
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcius_kellius View Post
Graz / Grant,

Not sure if you noticed that most of the Libre cars were running with the Leinster Motor Club sticker somewhere amongst their livery. The club have agreed with the drivers to run a mini championship for our meetings, which was last sunday, Anglesey and the Leinster Trophy in September. Points are being awarded for finishing positions and the driver with the most points at our race meetings is awarded the Leinster Leader Trophy, which was first awarded back in 1968, with primarily top single seater names on it from the Atlantics etc. The club have also agreed to put up prize money, which will be anounced further on in the year.
In Anglesey, to spice things up a bit, we are working on some kind of Super Pole shoot-out for the top 8/10 from qualifying. Once it has has been decided I will let you all know what the format is.
I did notice the stickers right enough. I was curious as to why cars were running with them, I'd not seen that before. That's a really good idea.
Old 15 Apr 2009, 12:14 (Ref:2441299)   #102
Peter Dunne
Tea Addict And Summoner Of Safety Cars
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz View Post
Agreed Mark. Have to say again, that was one of the best organised race meetings I've been at in many a long time. One race finished, the other race came out and formed up straight away (once other cars were swept away of course!). It was refreshing. I was home at 5 pm which is something that hasn't happened for a long time.
Yes, well done! It was a pleasant change for me to start my 3hr journey home a little bit earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz
One general gripe and I've mentioned this before, and it's more a Mondello thing than any club, the grid markings are awful so it takes an age to set people up on the grid. Can this not be addressed? Grid numbers would be good - I don't think there are any, someone can correct me. If you qualified say 7th, you just drive into your numbered grid slot instead of hanging about until the flag man lines you up.
Funnily I started in slot 7 for both races and had no problem finding it. In fact I was stopped on my marking while cars in front were still faffing about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcius_kellius View Post
Not sure if you noticed that most of the Libre cars were running with the Leinster Motor Club sticker somewhere amongst their livery.
I have two proudly displayed on my rear wing end plates. Kudos to the LMC for showing the initiative to run their own "championship within a championship", it is much appreciated by all in Formula Libre.

As I caused the aforementioned safety car deployment, all I can say is "sorry" !
I'll write out 100 lines for the next day: I must not cause a safety car, I must not cause a safety car.....
Old 15 Apr 2009, 15:07 (Ref:2441437)   #103
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz View Post
One general gripe and I've mentioned this before, and it's more a Mondello thing than any club, the grid markings are awful so it takes an age to set people up on the grid. Can this not be addressed? Grid numbers would be good - I don't think there are any, someone can correct me.
I could be wrong, but is the reason for this something to do with the fact that Mondello hosts a variety of motorsports, and the grid positions are different for each one? The pit straight would get a bit messy if there were numbers in different positions for cars, bikes and Rallycross.
Old 15 Apr 2009, 20:11 (Ref:2441716)   #104
SCOBER11
Racer

SCOBER11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I kind of put my foot in it on Sunday evening when i asked a LMC man who was the gob****e driving the SC and he said that was me. I drove the SC once when it was the rover wouldn't mind a spin in the new one since i'm not competing in mondello this year.
Old 15 Apr 2009, 23:15 (Ref:2441826)   #105
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Spot the Ten-Tenths logo...

www.THPhoto.net
Old 16 Apr 2009, 07:18 (Ref:2441960)   #106
Peter Dunne
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOBER11 View Post
I drove the SC once when it was the rover wouldn't mind a spin in the new one since i'm not competing in mondello this year.
Sounds like Mark wont struggle to find a pilot for the SC again .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsie View Post
Spot the Ten-Tenths logo...

www.THPhoto.net
Or "Spot the LMC logo" ?

Or "Spot the slow moving plonker" ?
Old 16 Apr 2009, 08:57 (Ref:2442032)   #107
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Dunne View Post
Or "Spot the LMC logo" ?

Or "Spot the slow moving plonker" ?
Or "Spot the 'Mr About To Cause A Safety Car'" ?
Old 16 Apr 2009, 14:46 (Ref:2442293)   #108
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Spot the new title below Peter's user name
Old 22 Apr 2009, 15:46 (Ref:2447092)   #109
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is the 'Irish Formula Libre' running in the Phoenix Park races? I know the Dublin Grand Prix is a libre race, but will it be part of the Championship? 'cos I was wondering if the race will have 1 litre and 2 litre classes.
Old 23 Apr 2009, 14:44 (Ref:2447875)   #110
Brian Mac
Teabagging Is My Life
Racer

United Kingdom
Maccy-Ds Hut, Kirkistown
Brian Mac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you do marshal, stay clear of Burnsie as he has a habit of falling down rabbit holes and you dont want to get caught up in that now do you?[/QUOTE]

You also need to steer clear of Grant, as its been known for frogs to jump out of his crotch.
Old 23 Apr 2009, 14:52 (Ref:2447883)   #111
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Mac View Post
You also need to steer clear of Grant, as its been known for frogs to jump out of his crotch.
That was only at BTCC and it was only once!!!
Old 23 Apr 2009, 15:37 (Ref:2447917)   #112
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

I don't think I want to know...
Old 23 Apr 2009, 15:46 (Ref:2447924)   #113
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!

We apologise for the brief thread invasion and now back to topic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMD View Post
Is the 'Irish Formula Libre' running in the Phoenix Park races? I know the Dublin Grand Prix is a libre race, but will it be part of the Championship? 'cos I was wondering if the race will have 1 litre and 2 litre classes.
Old 23 Apr 2009, 17:39 (Ref:2448016)   #114
SCOBER11
Racer

One of the VEE guys text me to say they got the Leinster Trophy this year anyone else hear this?
Old 23 Apr 2009, 18:01 (Ref:2448032)   #115
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
av8rirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes. Heard that today. Mark Kelly (LMC) made a post here last year saying that any class can ask that they be considered for the trophy. I suggested it to the Vee chairperson who must have done what was required!

And to be fair to Vee's, they are always well supported with great racing. There are plenty of Vee's around that would be available for hire. It'll be interesting to see if people from other classes (FF1600, Sheane Rover, Libre) want to test themselves against the Vee front runners.

What you reckon your chances are scober?

PS: We have potentially two front running Vee's for hire at all races!
Old 23 Apr 2009, 20:42 (Ref:2448150)   #116
SCOBER11
Racer

Well first off the year thats in it i would need to get a WC sorry i mean a vee for free
Old 24 Apr 2009, 08:08 (Ref:2448417)   #117
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well first off the year thats in it i would need to get a WC sorry i mean a vee for free

Old 24 Apr 2009, 08:49 (Ref:2448446)   #118
Peter Dunne
Veteran

Quote:
One of the VEE guys text me to say they got the Leinster Trophy this year anyone else hear this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by av8rirl View Post
Yes. Heard that today. Mark Kelly (LMC) made a post here last year saying that any class can ask that they be considered for the trophy. I suggested it to the Vee chairperson who must have done what was required!

And to be fair to Vee's, they are always well supported with great racing. There are plenty of Vee's around that would be available for hire. It'll be interesting to see if people from other classes (FF1600, Sheane Rover, Libre) want to test themselves against the Vee front runners.

What you reckon your chances are scober?

PS: We have potentially two front running Vee's for hire at all races!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMD View Post
Oi! Get your own thread!!!

Congtats to the Vees. I didnt know that the LTM was being run on a Wednesday this year though

I just saw that you do have your own thread. Well done. Carry on.

Last edited by Peter Dunne; 24 Apr 2009 at 08:51. Reason: Noticed other thread!
Old 24 Apr 2009, 09:26 (Ref:2448476)   #119
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
Quote:
Congtats to the Vees. I didnt know that the LTM was being run on a Wednesday this year though
Yes... with Vee's being the only class able to field a full grid they decided to give us our own meeting!!
Old 24 Apr 2009, 09:32 (Ref:2448478)   #120
Peter Dunne
Veteran

Quote:
Yes... with Vee's being the only class able to field a full grid they decided to give us our own meeting!!
Excellent. Loads of room to park the Massey Ferguson's and John Deere's so.
Old 24 Apr 2009, 09:57 (Ref:2448489)   #121
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
I don't think we'd be too fussed on stopping you at the gate even in your tractor. We're a pretty decent bunch and welcome all!!
Old 24 Apr 2009, 09:58 (Ref:2448491)   #122
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
Quote:
Oi! Get your own thread!!!
Now will you take some of your own advice and get this thread back on topic!!
Old 24 Apr 2009, 10:14 (Ref:2448497)   #123
Peter Dunne
Veteran

Quote:
Now will you take some of your own advice and get this thread back on topic!!
You'll have to remind me what the topic was. All this talk of Vees/tractors (same thing ) has distracted me.
Old 24 Apr 2009, 10:18 (Ref:2448500)   #124
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
Now now... lets not start the name calling... altho I think you'd do quite well in a Vee what with your ability to bring out safety cars.... Yes I'm poking fun at you and Vee's... together!
Old 24 Apr 2009, 10:30 (Ref:2448508)   #125
Peter Dunne
Veteran

Quote:
I think you'd do quite well in a Vee what with your ability to bring out safety cars
Its a God given talent! What more can I say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8rirl
.... Yes I'm poking fun at you and Vee's... together!
Nice to see a Vee competitor displaying that rare talent of doing two things at once!