Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 12 May 2010, 12:49 (Ref:2689172)   #101
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by herowassenna View Post
Ahhhh, for a PS1 again, lol
Sad person that I am I have now set up my PS1 again (and played Toca ). I've also got my Atari ST fired up again - Microprose Grand Prix (the Geoff Crammond game) is still good fun. I have a shrine to obsolete gaming technology
Old 13 May 2010, 08:54 (Ref:2689626)   #102
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
ToCA 2 was amazing. Truly fantastic, I played that so many times over. ToCA World Touring Cars was incredible too.

Those are probably the two finest games I have ever played. None of this namby pamby "got commz m8" Race Pro nonsense.

Still got a couple hundred PS1 and PS2 games back home, should really get them sent down to me at some stage.
Old 14 May 2010, 01:04 (Ref:2690100)   #103
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
TOCA 2 - Now THERE'S a CLASSIC game..
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 14 May 2010, 02:29 (Ref:2690119)   #104
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
I had ToCA3, friggen amazing. the best parts were those retarded cheats like "chrome cars" haha.
Old 14 May 2010, 07:12 (Ref:2690173)   #105
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Toca Race Driver 3 was pretty darn good, I just hated the way the smoke came out the back of the cars and slid around.

Toca Race Driver 1 (with the ''Simulation Handling Cheat'') was very good too.

I had the original Toca 1 and Toca 2 and still have them today, play them from time to time
Old 14 May 2010, 15:11 (Ref:2690429)   #106
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post
Toca Race Driver 3 was pretty darn good, I just hated the way the smoke came out the back of the cars and slid around.

Toca Race Driver 1 (with the ''Simulation Handling Cheat'') was very good too.

I had the original Toca 1 and Toca 2 and still have them today, play them from time to time
Not Race Driver.

This one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOCA_World_Touring_Cars
Old 14 May 2010, 18:31 (Ref:2690517)   #107
armchair racer
Racer

England
Suburbia
armchair racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Sad person that I am I have now set up my PS1 again (and played Toca ). I've also got my Atari ST fired up again - Microprose Grand Prix (the Geoff Crammond game) is still good fun. I have a shrine to obsolete gaming technology
Ahhh, geoff Crammond , the maestro, what is he up to now?? anyone..
Old 14 May 2010, 20:09 (Ref:2690563)   #108
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Ah, never heard it being called Toca 3 before.
Old 15 May 2010, 16:11 (Ref:2690962)   #109
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Geoff Crammond.

Grand Prix 3 and 4.

Brilliant F1 games, detailed and excellent AI. You just don't get that these days, as everyone expects you to race online (e.g. rFactor - the AI is TERRIBLE!)
Old 13 Jun 2010, 19:23 (Ref:2711371)   #110
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
got some news for F1 games fans. found some photos of 2010 F1 cars on the main code masters F1 web site. it is now looking good
Old 13 Jun 2010, 22:13 (Ref:2711519)   #111
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This game is getting as bad as GT5 in that it seems never likely to be released!

I fear undercurrents of hell there or maybe a company waiting as long as near to Xmas as possible!

Marketing, dont you just hate it!
Old 14 Jun 2010, 02:07 (Ref:2711598)   #112
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Why is it never likely to be released chunder? It has had a release date for September penned in for the best part of a year now.

You aren't moaning for the sake of it again are you?
Old 14 Jun 2010, 02:56 (Ref:2711615)   #113
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Well, games running over release dates is nothing new! This is especially true of games they are trying to make a real statement with.

I'd much, much, much prefer waiting a lot longer and getting a properly finished product, rather than a sub-par/glitchy one rushed to get out "on time".

If it ends up being especially good, I may well have to go and buy a 360 (brother has one, so I could use his games). I nearly did already for FM3 (is it good enough to justify the purchase of the console, irrespective of F1 2010?).

As for the TOCA games of old...........they were just fantastic! I dread to think of the number of hours I spent playing those............
Old 14 Jun 2010, 09:24 (Ref:2711744)   #114
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Dutton, just get a 360 man.
Old 14 Jun 2010, 10:29 (Ref:2711782)   #115
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Tathrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton View Post
Well, games running over release dates is nothing new! This is especially true of games they are trying to make a real statement with.

I'd much, much, much prefer waiting a lot longer and getting a properly finished product, rather than a sub-par/glitchy one rushed to get out "on time".

If it ends up being especially good, I may well have to go and buy a 360 (brother has one, so I could use his games). I nearly did already for FM3 (is it good enough to justify the purchase of the console, irrespective of F1 2010?).

As for the TOCA games of old...........they were just fantastic! I dread to think of the number of hours I spent playing those............
You should wait until after E3, as it's rumoured that a console refresh is planned to go along with the release of Microsoft Kinect in the autumn (formerly Known at Project Natal).
Old 14 Jun 2010, 19:06 (Ref:2712142)   #116
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry, I am just getting fed up with all this!

I have never understood why people get all excited about a game that is a year away from being released!!

I subscribe to a few simr acing news groups and nearly ebvery day Codies are pushing out spiel abhout this game, seems as if they are desperate for attention
Old 14 Jun 2010, 21:05 (Ref:2712217)   #117
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post

I have never understood why people get all excited about a game that is a year away from being released!!

I subscribe to a few simr acing news groups and nearly ebvery day Codies are pushing out spiel abhout this game, seems as if they are desperate for attention
Hehe, but thats what its all about chunder, its about the build-up, the tension, the agonising wait!

Honestly, it does sound like the best new racing game to date to me. Gorgeous to look at, caters for the hardcore and the casual gamer. Extra features like press conferences where what you say will affect performance on the racetrack!

Personally, all I hope for is good AI, and a half-decent looking game, along with the ability to play the season. That'll be enough for me!
Old 14 Jun 2010, 21:21 (Ref:2712230)   #118
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:

Everyone was excited when the technical regulations for 2009 were released, and there was over a year between that point and when they were implemented.
Old 14 Jun 2010, 21:59 (Ref:2712256)   #119
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
??? What has that got to do with gaming!!

Eitehr way I see their point about keeping the interest going, and I only hope the hype matches the end product!

Will obviously Blockbuster forst before departing with my 50 odd quid!!
Old 14 Jun 2010, 22:36 (Ref:2712272)   #120
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Christ, where do you buy games mate? They don't cost that much where I live. No wonder you're upset!
Old 15 Jun 2010, 02:19 (Ref:2712328)   #121
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
??? What has that got to do with gaming!!

Eitehr way I see their point about keeping the interest going, and I only hope the hype matches the end product!

Will obviously Blockbuster forst before departing with my 50 odd quid!!
It's the same exact thing as you're talking about.

Most people probably wouldn't understand why someone would get excited about a new set of rules that wont take effect for over another year.
Old 15 Jun 2010, 07:28 (Ref:2712409)   #122
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Well what if some people get excited about games in the same way that you get excited about.. err.. whatever you get excited about?

People are people, and people like to look foward to their games!
Old 15 Jun 2010, 15:20 (Ref:2712624)   #123
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post
Well what if some people get excited about games in the same way that you get excited about.. err.. whatever you get excited about?

People are people, and people like to look foward to their games!
You realize I'm siding with you, right?
Old 15 Jun 2010, 16:19 (Ref:2712653)   #124
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Lol. Matt is using the analogy of the 2009 rule changes to explain why people get excited about games.
Old 15 Jun 2010, 18:04 (Ref:2712701)   #125
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Oops, was in response to Chunder, but you posted a few seconds before me. lol.