Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 5 Oct 2010, 16:11 (Ref:2769842)   #101
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Who cares!! He has made the rght mvoe not Laverty!! hehe
Old 5 Oct 2010, 16:13 (Ref:2769844)   #102
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Who cares!! He has made the rght mvoe not Laverty!! hehe
That was my thought to, but then again the Yamaha wsbk team has moved two non-Spanish/Italian riders into Moto GP two years in a row. So maybe not so daft.
Old 6 Oct 2010, 09:45 (Ref:2770184)   #103
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, hopefully we see 2 "new" riders on Ten Kate Honda 600's in 2011 - Pirro was poo!
Old 6 Oct 2010, 17:31 (Ref:2770432)   #104
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ten Kate WSS team might be njo more, theya re struggling as most teams are to have such a pbig team again.

Might just have a two man or even 1 man WSBK effort
Old 12 Oct 2010, 16:17 (Ref:2773888)   #105
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ducati
Valentino Rossi
Nicky Hayden

Honda
Casey Stoner
Dani Pedrosa

Yamaha
Jorge Lorenzo
Ben Spies

Suzuki
Alvaro Bautista

Tech 3 Yamaha
Cal Crutchlow
Colin Edwards

Gresini Honda
Marco Simoncelli
?

Cardion AB Ducati
Karel Abraham

Pramac Ducati
?
?

Aspar Ducati
?

Interwetten Honda
?

LCR Honda
?

Suzuki are said to be down to one bike, but supposedly Elias is trying to get on a second bike there. And Dorna are pushing (read demanding) two bikes.

Also, I guess Honda are considering three factory bikes again to accommodate Dovi. Speed's broadcast hinted that Aoyama might go to Gresini? And that Interwetten may be in trouble?

I can't remember which Ducati ride that Capirossi is heading to, but that was the rumor.

Surly RdP will be back to LCR...

And I have not heard anything in regards to the "claiming rule teams" that might join early.
Old 12 Oct 2010, 22:16 (Ref:2774054)   #106
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen View Post

And I have not heard anything in regards to the "claiming rule teams" that might join early.
I'm thinking of getting the 1 litre (read 958cc) engine out of my Pug 106 Mar de Gras (circa 1994) and installing it in my old Suzuki X1 thats been in the barn since I got off mopeds 22 years ago. My initial plan was to fit a CB600 engine and go Moto2, but I think I'l have more chance of making the Moto GP grid, hence the big banger.
Old 13 Oct 2010, 20:37 (Ref:2774541)   #107
2000yellow360
Racer

United States
California
2000yellow360 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Spies is CATEGORICALLY not on the factory bike right now, he was asked point blank at Aragon and though he has had updates (as has Colin) the only time he has ridden it was in the Brno test.

As for Elias, he has had plenty of chances for plenty of years. Ghin, idden factory Yamah, Ducati and Honda and got a lucky win when Rossi was injured and the Repsols fell off, he cant ride Bridgestones, never has been able to so is more than likely to stay Moto2 where he belongs.

As for Valentino, this shoulder really IS a serious injury. Don't believe the hype about him throwing his teddies, he will be out of contract and losing money if he misses races and would not want to leave Yamaha this way, that shoulder is utterly destroyed and has been the main reason for his loss of form in my opinion, not the leg.
Watch his bike down the straight. Look at the trap speeds. Compare them with Edwards. You'll see the speed difference, and that is sheer HP, which means that he has more than Edwards, and that spells works. A 3 to 5 kph speed difference is probably close to another 5, 6 HP, which at that level is quite a difference.

Watch his entrances into the corners. All of that spells works to me.

Art
Old 13 Oct 2010, 20:50 (Ref:2774544)   #108
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Ok if you think so then fine, but I would rate Spies a lecvel above Edwards which explains a lot more.

He may have a few tweaks but is definately not on a full on Factory bikes as Lorenzo and Vale are, or put simply, he would be right there with him!!
Old 18 Oct 2010, 16:19 (Ref:2776725)   #109
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Rossi has been given permission to test after Valencia. Sneaky move by Yamaha? If Rossi tests at Valencia, he very well can't quit two races early for shoulder surgery.
Old 19 Oct 2010, 22:06 (Ref:2777257)   #110
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RdeP to PramCRAP and Toni to LCR I now read. Better end of the deal for Toni there I feel. Esparagus to Moto2 I presume, where he will probably face his lil bro.

I notice Aspar have realised they cant beat Marques this year too and are holding back Terol for 2012 to pick up the last 125 championship for Bancaja and Aprilia. Would be funny to see Danny Kent ruin that little plan on Barthols KTM trojan horse.
Old 21 Oct 2010, 03:23 (Ref:2777752)   #111
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Ducati
Valentino Rossi
Nicky Hayden

Honda
Casey Stoner
Dani Pedrosa
Andrea Dovisioso

Yamaha
Jorge Lorenzo
Ben Spies

Suzuki
Alvaro Bautista

Tech 3 Yamaha
Cal Crutchlow
Colin Edwards

Gresini Honda
Marco Simoncelli
Hiroshi Aoyama (likely)

Cardion AB Ducati
Karel Abraham

Pramac Ducati
Randy de Puniet or Toni Elias
Loris Capirossi or Aleix Espagaro

Aspar Ducati
Hector Barbera

LCR Honda
Toni Elias or RdP

I'm hearing three HRC bikes in Repsol colors. Simoncelli is also technically an HRC rider. Aoyama will get Dorna support as the sole Japanese rider. Most pundits feel Elias will be with LCR, but it could be Pramac. RdP will most likely end up wherever Elias isn't. I've not really heard any official news on the other Pramac seat.

So 17 bikes again. We gained a factory Honda and lost a Suzuki.
Old 28 Oct 2010, 17:12 (Ref:2781733)   #112
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
It's official, Capirossi will ride for Pramac Ducati.
Old 29 Oct 2010, 22:35 (Ref:2782356)   #113
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Max Neuikirchner has signed for MZ for next year in Moto2 which brings to an end speculation of him riding for Pramac in Moto GP. Also dampens talk of Marquez being offered huge sums of cash to ride an MZ. Lets hope the bikes better next year, but whither Westy who has'nt relented all year with his efforts in my opinion.
Old 29 Oct 2010, 22:41 (Ref:2782359)   #114
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thats about the sort of standard bike Max deserves...
Old 29 Oct 2010, 22:50 (Ref:2782362)   #115
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Thats about the sort of standard bike Max deserves...

Not sure if they have 1 or 2 slots for next year. For sure if hey had got Mark Marques he would have done him over, I guess Max needed to know the other team-mate first if there is going to be one.
Old 1 Nov 2010, 14:08 (Ref:2783453)   #116
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Elias will ride for LCR Honda next year. That leaves the last seat available at Pramac Ducati. I really hope RdP gets it, because it would be a shame to not have him on the grid.
Old 1 Nov 2010, 14:33 (Ref:2783464)   #117
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Oh, and Bradley Smith and Mike Di Meglio to Tech 3 Moto 2.
Old 1 Nov 2010, 18:32 (Ref:2783606)   #118
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen View Post
Oh, and Bradley Smith and Mike Di Meglio to Tech 3 Moto 2.

Yep I read about Smith signing for them - they'd better improve the consistency of that Mistral chassis.
Old 1 Nov 2010, 18:53 (Ref:2783626)   #119
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
They dont use the Mistral anymore, they use Suter

Dropped it months ago
Old 1 Nov 2010, 19:07 (Ref:2783637)   #120
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
They dont use the Mistral anymore, they use Suter

Dropped it months ago
Really? They dropped their own chassis? How come they are still shhhh then?
Old 2 Nov 2010, 14:08 (Ref:2784035)   #121
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Chunder I cant fin owt on it - was it done on the quiet ?
Old 2 Nov 2010, 18:30 (Ref:2784118)   #122
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

All the official results I have looked at still call it a Tech 3 last weekend. Have they just re-named a Suter as a Tech3?
Old 2 Nov 2010, 19:08 (Ref:2784138)   #123
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I just presumed they were on a Suter? I know they ditched their original chassis thats all

Ansd I dont think Tech trois are capable of production build as Suter are.
Old 2 Nov 2010, 19:46 (Ref:2784163)   #124
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Yes as I understood it the Mistrals were one or two offs, but I never knew they ditched them.

On a different tack they were talking about prototype Moto3s running around - basically 125 chassis with 250 4s slung in - a bit like theformula they run in the states where that young lad was killed at the GP. Moriwaki make the chassis for that (and presumably for their domestic 125 series) so another good market for them, although apparently KTM have their 4s MX 250 engine running round in one of their old (pre 2009) 125 chassis. Given Barthols project for next year could we see a full time KTM return in the juniors? Could make good sense.

Do Aprilia make a 250 4s engine? Shame for all that chassis kit to go to waste.
Old 2 Nov 2010, 19:58 (Ref:2784169)   #125
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I think I did a therad about this recently

All the big 4 make a 250 single plus I thnk KTM and Husqvarna! TM aswell.

Its is basically the replacement for the 125 single 2 stroke in motocross aswell, but they had the foresight to do it yeasr ago.

We have a clubman class in the UK that does the same thing with the 450 cc MX engines, and its not bad.

My issue with it though is that MX enginesa re not designed to be run flat out for long periods of time, they get quick blats of ise in MX and the gearboxes are nowhere ear as critical in MX as GP racing.

They are similar in power terms I feel. Bout 40-45 bhp.

but being a single they are going to have horrendous rear wheel locking and probably be very easy to wheelie!!