Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 21 Jun 2013, 18:33 (Ref:3266184)   #101
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
Couldn't believe it when I read it in Autosport this morning. Nuts isn't it. You really gotta wonder what these people have lying between their ears.
It really does doesn't it?

No plan, no coordination, nobody talks to each other. It's just a free for all....
Old 25 Jun 2013, 14:50 (Ref:3269566)   #102
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think that this Formula Renault 1.6 could sort our issues out. It will almost certainly kill Formula Ford but sit below Formula Four. We then have low and two middle single seater series in the UK ( Formula Renault BARC being the second middle one). Then Renault will almost certainly bring back Formula Renault 2.0 ( and I imagine back to the TOCA package) relegating Formula Renault BARC back to a club series and then we have one series at each level. However, this may not be till 2016 depending on when and if Renault relaunch 2.0
Old 25 Jun 2013, 16:02 (Ref:3269599)   #103
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccLee View Post
I think that this Formula Renault 1.6 could sort our issues out. It will almost certainly kill Formula Ford but sit below Formula Four. We then have low and two middle single seater series in the UK ( Formula Renault BARC being the second middle one). Then Renault will almost certainly bring back Formula Renault 2.0 ( and I imagine back to the TOCA package) relegating Formula Renault BARC back to a club series and then we have one series at each level. However, this may not be till 2016 depending on when and if Renault relaunch 2.0
Brilliant ! This should have been the Renault press announcement...
Old 25 Jun 2013, 22:00 (Ref:3269751)   #104
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The problem is, as I see it, that what we are saying is that two seasons in an "entry level" formula, with testing and whatever, will cost you about the same as buying an average house in the UK.

That might suit some people, but it won't discover talent.

Just think of the names we have now who would have been priced out of the market if the same rules applied in their era?

I'd like to see one or two British drivers speak up about it, but understandably they aren't that bothered...
Old 25 Jun 2013, 22:09 (Ref:3269754)   #105
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio Galtieri View Post
The problem is, as I see it, that what we are saying is that two seasons in an "entry level" formula, with testing and whatever, will cost you about the same as buying an average house in the UK.
That puts the problem into perspective quite succinctly, in my view.
Old 26 Jun 2013, 07:14 (Ref:3269865)   #106
MGR007
Rookie

MGR007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An 'Entry level' single seater formula should have 100bhp, treaded tyres, cars costing 20k, non adjustable dampers, multi chassis manufacturers, Dads towing the cars to the races as well as teams running them! Full grids guaranteed!
Old 26 Jun 2013, 08:15 (Ref:3269887)   #107
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio Galtieri View Post

That might suit some people, but it won't discover talent.

Just think of the names we have now who would have been priced out of the market if the same rules applied in their era?

I'd like to see one or two British drivers speak up about it, but understandably they aren't that bothered...
Excellent post.
Old 26 Jun 2013, 09:43 (Ref:3269930)   #108
edenrace
Racer

edenrace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great idea but the problem is what happens after that....