Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 17 Jun 2014, 11:20 (Ref:3423005)   #101
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The "NASCAR Comcast Xfinity Series" eh? Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue as smoothly as the "NASCAR Nationwide Series" does
Old 21 Jun 2014, 12:52 (Ref:3424553)   #102
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Road America
Old 21 Jun 2014, 13:41 (Ref:3424583)   #103
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
"NASCAR Xfinity" sounds funny.
Old 21 Jun 2014, 15:43 (Ref:3424650)   #104
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Finally - a Nwide weekend with out the "Busch Wackers".

Qually underway , lets see who the best of the Nwide regulars are.
Old 21 Jun 2014, 19:09 (Ref:3424689)   #105
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Raining, will they actually use the wet tyres or are they just for pretend? I see they delayed practice due to rain...

LOL so they have rain tyres but you cant actually race in the rain until its dry or so wet it will be under caution anyway... joke.

Last edited by tux; 21 Jun 2014 at 19:19.
Old 21 Jun 2014, 19:19 (Ref:3424693)   #106
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
It drizzles and they don't dare to start.
Old 21 Jun 2014, 19:21 (Ref:3424695)   #107
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
What a joke.
Old 21 Jun 2014, 19:33 (Ref:3424697)   #108
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
I give up and go watch football.
Old 21 Jun 2014, 19:35 (Ref:3424698)   #109
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Its a joke though, Nascar are more than happy to big up the "racing in the rain" element of having wet tyres, but when it actually rains? No, we cant run.
Old 21 Jun 2014, 21:42 (Ref:3424722)   #110
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
I give up and go watch football.
Solid Choice.

Germany vs Ghana match > 99% of NASCAR races these days
Old 22 Jun 2014, 00:16 (Ref:3424758)   #111
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Soccer is garbage.

Great win for Brendan Gaughan. Frantic stuff from Elliot. Good resurgence from Torpedo Tagliani. Hornish kept going wide.
Old 22 Jun 2014, 01:35 (Ref:3424777)   #112
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Soccer is garbage.

Great win for Brendan Gaughan. Frantic stuff from Elliot. Good resurgence from Torpedo Tagliani. Hornish kept going wide.
I'm not a soccer fan either. I'm also not a fan of road-racing, which I know will not sit well with some, as this is not the prevailing opinion here, but hey, to each, his own. Sorry, but road-racing is boring to me and puts me to sleep. Such is life. I will say congratulations to Brendan Gaughan on his win! He's a good driver and a great guy, glad to see him get a win! I take it that young Chase had a good run?
Old 22 Jun 2014, 04:21 (Ref:3424797)   #113
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Brendan deserved that win, he took the lead when Tag ran out of fuel - thought there would have been more "offs" & "yellows" in the wet. Most drivers drove well in those conditions...

Regan Smith - 516
Elliott Sadler - 506
Chase Elliott - 505
Ty Dillon - 475
Brian Scott - 458
Trevor Bayne - 453
Brendan Gaughan - 410
Chris Buescher - 388
James Buescher - 388
Landon Cassill - 368
Old 22 Jun 2014, 08:27 (Ref:3424850)   #114
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Soccer is garbage.
But football is great.
Old 22 Jun 2014, 15:15 (Ref:3424966)   #115
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
New appreciation for Chase Elliotts talents - driving
a race car in the rain and mist with no working
windshield wipers. Crazy! Think he started 12th and finished 4th.
Old 22 Jun 2014, 16:02 (Ref:3424986)   #116
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Lee View Post
I'm not a soccer fan either. I'm also not a fan of road-racing, which I know will not sit well with some, as this is not the prevailing opinion here, but hey, to each, his own. Sorry, but road-racing is boring to me and puts me to sleep. Such is life. I will say congratulations to Brendan Gaughan on his win! He's a good driver and a great guy, glad to see him get a win! I take it that young Chase had a good run?
I dig soccer, but dig stockcars on a road course so much more. As a fan of road racing in general, seeing these things sliding thru the carousel, dropping two wheels off at the kink and thundering through Kettle Bottoms is good stuff. Throw the rain in and it brings a huge smile to my face.

That was a entertaining stuff yesterday. Drivers were well behaved and the only issue that i had was the BS late race caution. Totally unwarranted but that's NASCAR for ya.

Good stuff from the Dawsonville Kid, indeed.
Old 22 Jun 2014, 21:31 (Ref:3425087)   #117
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Its a joke though, Nascar are more than happy to big up the "racing in the rain" element of having wet tyres, but when it actually rains? No, we cant run.
Each car had only two sets of wets. The track wasn't dry enough for slicks, but wasn't wet enough for wets. If they went out on wets they'd burn though both sets in fifteen laps and then everyone would have had to retire due to them only having slicks.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 00:48 (Ref:3425141)   #118
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last two laps made up for alot of the bs.

Tag went from 23rd to 2nd in two (or three?) laps.

Was Elliot complaining just because he was passed?
Old 23 Jun 2014, 10:21 (Ref:3425310)   #119
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Passed to aggressively he reckons by someone who is not in the whole championship...
Old 28 Jun 2014, 17:17 (Ref:3427534)   #120
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh, no, I think Chase is going to be great, but Tag schooled him on that pass.
Old 28 Jun 2014, 19:29 (Ref:3427589)   #121
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Watched the Nationwide race, last night. Pretty good finish, but I really don't like "Sprint Cup Lite". This exact same sceniero could play out tonight, in the Sprint Cup race. The Cup drivers do not need to be competing in the Nationwide races. About the only reason I watch Nationwide anymore is to follow Chase Elliott.

Also, I do not like night racing, on tracks 1 mile and over, on Saturday nights. The CUP race should not be run at night! Now, I have no race, nothing to watch tomorrow (Sunday afternoon)! Sucks!
Old 29 Jun 2014, 16:27 (Ref:3427932)   #122
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Lee View Post
Watched the Nationwide race, last night. Pretty good finish, but I really don't like "Sprint Cup Lite". This exact same sceniero could play out tonight, in the Sprint Cup race. The Cup drivers do not need to be competing in the Nationwide races. About the only reason I watch Nationwide anymore is to follow Chase Elliott.

Also, I do not like night racing, on tracks 1 mile and over, on Saturday nights. The CUP race should not be run at night! Now, I have no race, nothing to watch tomorrow (Sunday afternoon)! Sucks!
Indycar and TUSC are on tomorrow(today)
Old 29 Jun 2014, 23:32 (Ref:3428282)   #123
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Indycar and TUSC are on tomorrow(today)
Yes, very true, but I don't care for either, so I'm out of luck. Not really, they showed a replay of the K&N East race, run at Langley, a couple of weeks ago, this morning, so the day wasn't a total loss.
Old 30 Jun 2014, 01:26 (Ref:3428316)   #124
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Indy Car was more entertaining than the cup race...
Old 30 Jun 2014, 20:43 (Ref:3428729)   #125
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Indy Car was more entertaining than the cup race...
I guess it was, IF you happen to like that series/form of racing. Otherwise, it isn't. I don't like indy, the track, that series, that form of racing or anything about it, so I didn't watch.