Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 23 Jul 2015, 07:01 (Ref:3560396)   #101
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Nick JM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Chaps/chap esses I am unashamedly on the scrounge.

I have a meeting in Buckingham tomorrow and if I can end it early I was rather hoping to,pop up to Sillystone

However I don't fancy forking out 40 quid for what will probably be a two hour visit.

If anyone has a spare ticket they are prepared to let me have in exchange for a bottle or good deed for the day do please let me know . Dd at work 01494 893568

Thank you
Old 23 Jul 2015, 07:48 (Ref:3560405)   #102
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This morning's Met Office f/c for Silverstone : Friday, heavy rain most of the day; Saturday, light to heavy showers from 1300 to 1700 hrs; Sunday, light to heavy rain showers most of the day.

The forecasters are saying that the direction & strength of the low pressure cell causing all this is still uncertain, so expect changes.
Nick
Old 23 Jul 2015, 08:18 (Ref:3560410)   #103
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by apriliadriver View Post
This morning's Met Office f/c for Silverstone : Friday, heavy rain most of the day; Saturday, light to heavy showers from 1300 to 1700 hrs; Sunday, light to heavy rain showers most of the day.

The forecasters are saying that the direction & strength of the low pressure cell causing all this is still uncertain, so expect changes.
Nick
The national forecast by that Jock lady is for heavy rain on Friday everywhere south of the North Pole, however, the nice English lady on the local TV is less sure and we could miss the rain depending on the weather(). No one is sure exactly where and when the rain will fall, however, she was quite optimistic for Saturday and reckons showers on Sunday.

The best bet is do use a shower proof, sun tan lotion, and an umbrella sun hat.

Please note that I will be sporting my 'Bauble' badge, so do check before subjecting any innocent party to physical or verbal abuse.
Old 23 Jul 2015, 15:47 (Ref:3560471)   #104
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Woodlands campsite is very busy, never seen so many people here on a Thursday before. The testing next door sounds nice.
Old 23 Jul 2015, 16:06 (Ref:3560474)   #105
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
The Woodlands campsite is very busy, never seen so many people here on a Thursday before. The testing next door sounds nice.
Maybe the best place to hear it from- the noise is almost unbearable in the New Wing garages!

Now back in the calm and serenity of the old paddock.....

Having to wear a fleece while on pit wall a bit of a shocker, too.
Old 23 Jul 2015, 16:44 (Ref:3560481)   #106
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Are the Super Tourers and Group C cars both in the new Wing complex?
Old 23 Jul 2015, 16:50 (Ref:3560482)   #107
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Hope so!
Old 23 Jul 2015, 18:34 (Ref:3560492)   #108
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
That's the spirit John.

I'm with you, except I'm happily at home!
Old 23 Jul 2015, 18:48 (Ref:3560495)   #109
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We're in Woodlands as I type. Never had to go in the extension camp site before! The number and range of classics here is amazing, I think a stroll down to the on site pub will be in order a little later.

Impressed with the retail unit this year, quite the nicest we've had. Maybe my 'constructive comments' a few years back hit home.

Fingers crossed for a great weekend on and off track. Any Tenthers that make their way to stand 35 in the retail area will be most welcome. Already met Chigley, Delta and Mike Bell. Look forward to seeing more during the weekend.
Old 23 Jul 2015, 21:12 (Ref:3560519)   #110
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Are the Super Tourers and Group C cars both in the new Wing complex?
Super Tourers are in the Wing garages or just behind them; Grp C have their own paddock across from the furthest entrance to the Wing paddock. (Gate 1?)
Old 24 Jul 2015, 08:13 (Ref:3560570)   #111
Belmondo
Racer

Belmondo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know if I can watch it on TV or the internet somehow? Or is it just a Live Timing job?
Old 24 Jul 2015, 08:45 (Ref:3560572)   #112
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice display of porkers near the medical centre by Classic Porsche, 917, 919, 935 etc
Old 24 Jul 2015, 08:56 (Ref:3560574)   #113
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We went in the extension campsite field 2 years ago, when the transformer on the power line caught fire and exploded with sparks just before 10ish .
Leaving work at 3 then heading home to load the motor then we're heading down.
Old 24 Jul 2015, 10:31 (Ref:3560582)   #114
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh thanks for the reassurance!

Slightly damp in the retail area (!) But this is the best tent ever and it's lovely and dry inside Stand 35. I've even managed to channel the water from the roof so it falls on my neighbours and not me :-)
Old 24 Jul 2015, 11:36 (Ref:3560585)   #115
brands
Veteran

The weather has turned moist.
Disappointed to see barriers up in some of the Wing garages to keep Joe Public away from the cars. The open access is slowly being strangled.
Heading for the old paddock shortly.
Old 24 Jul 2015, 11:50 (Ref:3560587)   #116
CaptRustyNail
Racer

CaptRustyNail should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmondo View Post
Anyone know if I can watch it on TV or the internet somehow? Or is it just a Live Timing job?
Second this post... Wish i was marshalling there but can't be done this year.
Any live web based streaming or is it MotorsTV?
Old 24 Jul 2015, 12:59 (Ref:3560597)   #117
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
It's bloody wet!

Odd morning

Pole with Talbot only due to rain.

Last with 356 due to wire failure in first 500 meters.

Water got in everywhere
Old 24 Jul 2015, 13:42 (Ref:3560602)   #118
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Said Talbot, in the rain.
Attached Thumbnails
GJC_8404.jpg  
Old 24 Jul 2015, 14:46 (Ref:3560613)   #119
kartman24
Racer

kartman24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone have a link to the live timing and scoring?...........Martin
Old 24 Jul 2015, 15:16 (Ref:3560616)   #120
MartinH
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
MartinH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Timing can be found on mstworld, but is a bit erratic - must be the weather !!
Old 24 Jul 2015, 15:20 (Ref:3560617)   #121
kartman24
Racer

Thanks, I actually managed to find it in the end from the Classic website here:-

http://www.silverstoneclassic.com/page.cfm/Link=169
Old 24 Jul 2015, 16:01 (Ref:3560620)   #122
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Six Classic qualifying sessions posted on MST so far - most of the drivers look to be about 30 seconds + off their normal Practise pace.

No fun for those in open cars and not much fun generally for drivers, spectators and stall-holders.

Rain today will slow down after midnight and a good, dry Saturday ahead - not too warm though, at 16C/17C. Sunday Met Office f/c currently is heavy rain from 1000hrs to about 1600hrs.

About 15 years ago, after a very wet season, a few of us sheltering under an umbrella said "Let's go race somewhere warm and dry instead" and entered for the Trofeo Ascari meeting at Imola.

It started raining about an hour before Practise started on Friday and did not let up for an instant until I pulled into the pits after the last race on Sunday, when the sun broke through the final departing raincloud.

Racing ! ... ah, what memories, not.
Nick
Old 24 Jul 2015, 16:21 (Ref:3560623)   #123
kartman24
Racer

Group C qualifying red flagged, hope it is not the EMKA, runners look very depleted from the entry list............Martin
Old 24 Jul 2015, 17:55 (Ref:3560632)   #124
midgetman
Veteran

Looks like Chigley is doing more laps than anyone. And yesterday he was so looking forward to spending today snoozing in the Maser!
Old 24 Jul 2015, 18:48 (Ref:3560639)   #125
brands
Veteran

The SC should be on pole of a couple of races
Still hammering down, last qually appears to have restarted. Have given up and returned to the campsite.