Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Dec 2021, 14:15 (Ref:4086751)   #101
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
No way.

I could see a clumsy move, or a I am Verstappen and allowed to come through, or a last second defensive move, but actually planning and doing it on purpose? No.
Schumacher was caught and DQ the whole season for that , if Mad Max does it he should get same treatment
Old 5 Dec 2021, 14:25 (Ref:4086752)   #102
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
No way.

I could see a clumsy move, or a I am Verstappen and allowed to come through, or a last second defensive move, but actually planning and doing it on purpose? No.
Agreed.

Do I expect a driver might have a heat-of-the-moment decision that results in an incident? Yes.

Can I seriously suggest a driver would go into a race with the intent to take out another? cloud-cuckoo-land.
Old 5 Dec 2021, 14:29 (Ref:4086754)   #103
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a dramatic climax in qualy that's for sure. I haven't seen that kind of intensity in a final minute in a very long time. I could actually SEE Max's car was faster vs being notified by the purple sectors. That observation doesn't happen often. I only see the car being faster when being notified of the time when crossing the line generally.

It wasn't Max's error that caused him to lose pole. It all boiled down to Hamilton's ability to never really making a mistake. You don't win 7 titles (even with the best car) by making an error. Schumacher once said he allowed himself one mistake (after he hit the wall in Montreal...dont remember the year, but it was during the MS/MH battle years.). Hamilton on the other hand seems like he never makes a mistake especially when it counts.
Hamilton won pole yesterday because he was fast AND he kept it on the track, that's pretty much it.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Old 5 Dec 2021, 14:41 (Ref:4086755)   #104
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Right!

Im still fired up by that Q3!
Old 5 Dec 2021, 14:55 (Ref:4086756)   #105
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi645 View Post
It's not as if the danger of blind corners at 200mph+ could not have been foreseen in the simulator.

Meant 150mph+, did not mean to exaggerate.
Constructive discussion: A conversion where participants are maximally open to yet critical of each others (and their own) arguments, with the intend of enhancing the knowledge, understanding and/or handling of it's subject.
Old 5 Dec 2021, 15:01 (Ref:4086757)   #106
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Schumacher was caught and DQ the whole season for that , if Mad Max does it he should get same treatment
i would say the difference was in that moment Schumi saw his last chance to affect the outcome of the season.

Max has a lead in the championship with another race to go. my guess is he focuses on achieving the maximum amount of points today with a win even better. in other words, what is his incentive to intentionally cause a collision?

the pressure one can apply from the following position my prove the more effective strategy today and no gear box change.

rather then feeling like its all lost, i would say he likes his chances today.

Last edited by chillibowl; 5 Dec 2021 at 15:07.
Old 5 Dec 2021, 15:10 (Ref:4086758)   #107
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
i would say the difference was in that moment Schumi saw his last chance to affect the outcome of the season.

Max has a lead in the championship with another race to go. my guess is he focuses on achieving the maximum amount of points today with a win even better. in other words, what is his incentive to intentionally cause a collision?

the pressure one can apply from the following position my prove the more effective strategy today and no gear box change.

rather then feeling like its all lost, i would say he likes his chances today.
But hard, fair competition doesn't fit the narrative....
Old 5 Dec 2021, 15:13 (Ref:4086759)   #108
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
But hard, fair competition doesn't fit the narrative....
Lol.

All good...If the narrative dont fit, Netflix will acquit!
Old 5 Dec 2021, 15:25 (Ref:4086760)   #109
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
yes, of course do it in away that makes it look like an accident
This is logic straight out of an old school murder mystery. Maybe Max infiltrated the Mercedes garage last night and cut away at a brake line. Just enough that it will survive warm-up etc. and will fail on the first corner after the lights go out!

He just needs to focus on having a good race. The car seems quick. Now... bad behavior in the heat of the moment? That can always happen. But the risk of that working in your favor is slim.

Richard
Old 5 Dec 2021, 15:31 (Ref:4086761)   #110
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For those that don’t get F2 coverage, there has been a big accident on the grid at the start. Sky’s pre-race won’t start on time.
Old 5 Dec 2021, 15:35 (Ref:4086762)   #111
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I know.

I was merely objecting to you saying Max is planning to do this on purpose already!

Quote:
so what are the odds that Mad Max will crash into Hamilton ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Are you seriously suggesting that is in Verstappen's plans?
Quote:
yes, of course do it in away that makes it look like an accident
Old 5 Dec 2021, 15:44 (Ref:4086763)   #112
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
For those that don’t get F2 coverage, there has been a big accident on the grid at the start. Sky’s pre-race won’t start on time.

Is that a portent of things to come?
Old 5 Dec 2021, 16:10 (Ref:4086765)   #113
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I hope not.

FIA Statement: https://www.fiaformula2.com/Latest/C...re-race-jeddah

Both Pourchaire & Fittipaldi in hospital, F1 coverage mentioned Fittipaldi with leg injuries.

Despite all the things that happened in the F2 races yesterday, this was nothing to do with the track.
Old 5 Dec 2021, 16:18 (Ref:4086766)   #114
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Having watched the qually yesterday I think that it is a dangerous track with all those fast corners that you can't see round after watching all those "clinically clean" tracks for the last few years. As others have said I am surprised that the powers that be allowed it to go ahead.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 5 Dec 2021, 16:33 (Ref:4086767)   #115
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes important to stress it was a race start incident that could happen anywhere.
Old 5 Dec 2021, 16:42 (Ref:4086769)   #116
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Pretty cool seeing Hill and Brundle turning some laps in FW07s!

Nice tribute to SFW.
Old 5 Dec 2021, 17:13 (Ref:4086770)   #117
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
This packed grid really shows off how narrow this part of the track is.
Old 5 Dec 2021, 17:19 (Ref:4086771)   #118
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Anybody got any spare fingernails? I fear I may run out......
Old 5 Dec 2021, 17:21 (Ref:4086772)   #119
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Turning the lights off is an interesting choice lol
Old 5 Dec 2021, 17:21 (Ref:4086773)   #120
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Anybody got any spare fingernails? I fear I may run out......
Lol. The race hasn't even started.
Old 5 Dec 2021, 17:28 (Ref:4086774)   #121
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!

Quote:
Lol. The race hasn't even started.
I've been to the loo three times in the last 15 minutes, and I've only had one beer. So far.

Good lord this is simultaneously exciting and utterly terrifying.
Old 5 Dec 2021, 17:31 (Ref:4086775)   #122
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
You could watch a few CART superspeedway races from the late '90s. That'll help temper the perspective.
Old 5 Dec 2021, 17:34 (Ref:4086776)   #123
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lights out!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Old 5 Dec 2021, 17:35 (Ref:4086777)   #124
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
A clean start and a good start for Mercedes.
Old 5 Dec 2021, 17:37 (Ref:4086778)   #125
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Look at that. Two entire laps and nobody crashed.

The difference between the drivers in F1 and F2 has never been so well illustrated.