Originally posted by mr v
Maylasia.
always wanted to correct you on the spelling....it's Malaysia mr v
Old 16 Sep 2002, 08:36 (Ref:381328)   #102
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Jukebox

So don't blame on Michael and the FIA
You always want to be correct on your english Juke....it's so don't blame it on Michael and the FIA
Old 16 Sep 2002, 08:42 (Ref:381336)   #103
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

You always want to be correct on your english Juke....it's so don't blame it on Michael and the FIA
Noooo..not the english part mr v, you often spell the name of my country wrong. It's just a friendly reminder....not being cheeky or sarcastic...pls don't take it personally
Old 16 Sep 2002, 08:44 (Ref:381337)   #104
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

It means your wrong, it's actually 8-7 in Juans favour, aswell as his 7 poles, Juan also out-qualified Rafe at Maylasia.
Allow me.

"It means you're wrong, its actually 8-7 in Jaun's favour, as well as his seven poles, Juan also out-qualified Rafe at Malaysia."

There, now we've got the English corrected.

RS has at least won this year. But of course that means he isn't a good racer doesn't it......
Old 16 Sep 2002, 08:46 (Ref:381339)   #105
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Jukebox

not being cheeky or sarcastic...pls don't take it personally
I didn't take it personally Juke, just thought it was funny! Thanks for the reminder about the spelling of your country, (and i am being serious here), because i know that it would wind me up if someone kept spelling it wrong!

Old 16 Sep 2002, 08:48 (Ref:381340)   #106
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
:beers:

Now... allow me to put the cherry on the pie:

"It means you're wrong, its actually 8-7 in Juan's favour, as well as his seven poles, Juan also out-qualified Rafe at Malaysia."

There!
Old 16 Sep 2002, 08:49 (Ref:381341)   #107
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett

"It means you're wrong, its actually 8-7 in Jaun's favour, as well as his seven poles, Juan also out-qualified Rafe at Malaysia."

Allow me

Wanna decide how your spelling Juan's name Peter? This is fun, abit like being back at school!
Old 16 Sep 2002, 08:50 (Ref:381344)   #108
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
JPM's between a rock and a hard place. The reason he's not able to convert poles or front row start's into win's, is simply Ferrari's race pace. At Monza they could have lapped everyone up to 3rd place, but chose to slow near the end of the race.

This is a phenomenal advantage to hold over the rest of the field. I don't think we can dispute that JPM has over driven the car at several races this year - but what's the option?

At least JPM is a racer, in a field of increasing cruise & collector's. Juan & Kimi are the only two drivers in F1 with the ability to go wheel to wheel with eachother and MS, something that Ralf will never do and DC attempt's once a year.

Next year hopefully, Williams and McLaren will produce a car that will let their two lead drivers (Kimi & Juan) go on the attack - then we will truly see what JPM is made of over the coiurse of a full season in a car equal to his ability.
Old 16 Sep 2002, 09:02 (Ref:381352)   #109
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Super Tourer
JPM's between a rock and a hard place. The reason he's not able to convert poles or front row start's into win's, is simply Ferrari's race pace. At Monza they could have lapped everyone up to 3rd place, but chose to slow near the end of the race.
Agreed in principle. But he should be experienced enough not to make a basic error and run over a gravel trap whilst chasing a lighter car.

Quote:
This is a phenomenal advantage to hold over the rest of the field. I don't think we can dispute that JPM has over driven the car at several races this year - but what's the option?
The option is not to over drive and bring the car home in the points. He would have been third but for the damage and whilst it may have been a production fault the evidence so far is a ragged drive by JPM.

Quote:
At least JPM is a racer, in a field of increasing cruise & collector's. Juan & Kimi are the only two drivers in F1 with the ability to go wheel to wheel with eachother and MS, something that Ralf will never do and DC attempt's once a year.
Well if you think that RS passing his brother and JPM off the line is not going wheel to wheel with them then I guess we have different perceptions. Cruising and collecting is tedious and not racing but it does bring points. Look at Renault this weekend, even Trulli finished.

Quote:
Next year hopefully, Williams and McLaren will produce a car that will let their two lead drivers (Kimi & Juan) go on the attack - then we will truly see what JPM is made of over the coiurse of a full season in a car equal to his ability.
If Team Willy and Macaroon do get their act together I suspect we'll see four drivers (not just Kimi and JPM) doing what you say. But JPM will still need to finish in the points.
Old 16 Sep 2002, 09:22 (Ref:381367)   #110
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Wanna decide how your spelling Juan's name Peter? This is fun, abit like being back at school!
Mr V .....but you cant even spell Ralf's name correct !...you always write RAFE
Old 16 Sep 2002, 09:28 (Ref:381372)   #111
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't beleive this is starting to be a spelling correction's debate

For what it's worth....i truly want Williams to come up with a better chassis as i want Montoya to try to live up to the expectations his fan have on him
Old 16 Sep 2002, 09:30 (Ref:381375)   #112
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm not particularly a JPM fan - but his CART series win surely proves he can race wheel to wheel and accumulate enough point's to win a championship, and in a much closer series.

Sure Ralf can be quick off the line, but we don't see too many wheel to wheel moments from him in the race's.

Certainly JPM could waddle around in 8th waiting for a couple of retirements, but the person he is fighting with in the championship is Barrichello, he's the one he need's to beat - so 4th or 5th places are not a lot of good to him really.

I agree that we need to see less error's from him next year, but his CART and F3000 Championship's prove that given the right car he can blend aggression with patience - to win races and points over a season.
Old 16 Sep 2002, 09:34 (Ref:381379)   #113
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I agree that we need to see less error's from him next year, but his CART and F3000 Championship's prove that given the right car he can blend aggression with patience - to win races and points over a season.
well said !.....Theres just a couple of issues with him , that he needs to address'd....and then he's gonna be very tough to beat ...given the right car .

Last edited by Sato san; 16 Sep 2002 at 09:36.
Old 16 Sep 2002, 09:57 (Ref:381393)   #114
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san

well said !.....Theres just a couple of issues with him , that he needs to address'd....and then he's gonna be very tough to beat ...given the right car .
But that makes excuses for him. I agree that he can race. I also agree that he's a tough cookie. But to say "give him the right car" suggests he's got something inferior at the moment. I remind you all that he's got a car capable of third place. Whilst that isn't in the Ferrari league it is able to beat the rest of the opposition but he keeps throwing it at the scenery. That, my friends, is not the mark of a good racer.
Old 16 Sep 2002, 10:07 (Ref:381400)   #115
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett

I remind you all that he's got a car capable of third place. Whilst that isn't in the Ferrari league it is able to beat the rest of the opposition
Your right Peter, his car is capable of third, but Montoya being the driver he is, doesn't want third, he wants to take the fight to Ferrari, and thats what he's doing! It's funny, but neither Williams seems to be able to win, Rafe gets slagged off for NOT taking the fight to the Ferraris, but when Montoya does take that fight to Ferrari everone slags him and says that he should do exactly the same as Rafe, who constantly gets slagged also!
Old 16 Sep 2002, 10:08 (Ref:381402)   #116
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Im not disasgreeing with you peter !

i agree with most of what your saying ...But on the other hand i think he is alot better than he is showing latley when he's making these mistakes under pressure....that is the thing he has to sort out .

Last edited by Sato san; 16 Sep 2002 at 10:10.
Old 16 Sep 2002, 10:44 (Ref:381424)   #117
drexel
Racer

drexel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's the reason i think last season was stronger for him than this year...less pressure.

A lot of these passes between different cars can't be rated too much.
A pass that i would rate highly is team-mate on team-mate pass with same fuel. Like Michael passing Rubens at Malasi....i mean Malaysia 01 in the wet.
Juan passed Ralf at Spa last year but that was when they both started from last with lots of traffic. The best pass i saw this year was Ralf around the outside of Juan in turn one at Germany? So this stuff about Ralf can't pass is bull.
Old 16 Sep 2002, 13:38 (Ref:381552)   #118
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by drexel
The best pass i saw this year was Ralf around the outside of Juan in turn one at Germany? So this stuff about Ralf can't pass is bull.
The best pass of the year??
B S
Old 16 Sep 2002, 14:18 (Ref:381572)   #119
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
the issue with Ralf is more to do with not passing his brother in a race situation more than every saying he can't pass .

And im not sure any passes that TGF does on Rubens can be called great , as its not exactly 2 drivers racing is it .
Old 16 Sep 2002, 14:23 (Ref:381581)   #120
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf has passed his brother before and he will again. Slagging him off for that is just pure bs from the die-hard Monty fans who need to take a good long look at their man's race craft..or rather lack of it.
Old 16 Sep 2002, 14:31 (Ref:381595)   #121
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by Mania
Ralf has passed his brother before and he will again. Slagging him off for that is just pure bs from the die-hard Monty fans who need to take a good long look at their man's race craft..or rather lack of it.
Ooooooooooooooh. Controversial or what?
Old 16 Sep 2002, 14:42 (Ref:381609)   #122
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Anyone got a handbags emoticon thingy??!!
Old 16 Sep 2002, 14:48 (Ref:381616)   #123
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mania ...calm down..stop getting yourself all worked up...

i think weve done the "Ralf wont overtake his brother thread "before , so lets not hi-jack this one......

And stop assuming that everyone that says something negative about Ralf is a die hard Monty fan will you.....its not a good approach for debate !
Old 16 Sep 2002, 14:55 (Ref:381620)   #124
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san
Mania ...calm down..stop getting yourself all worked up...

i think weve done the "Ralf wont overtake his brother thread "before , so lets not hi-jack this one......

*Ahem*. You started it!!!
Old 16 Sep 2002, 15:07 (Ref:381626)   #125
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
O YER.....but only in reply to drexel .....I only made a comment , didnt expect Mania to go off on one about Die hard Monty Fans...

Tags
jpm