Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 17 Aug 2000, 20:14 (Ref:31141)   #101
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
REPORTETTE NUMERO TRES:

Present: Ralf, DLR, Trulli, Panis, Crankster, Burti, Irvy.

Ralf managed to throw his car into the wall at Copse, taking off 2 wheels and both wings. Unsure as to whether or not he was injured but the medical car was seen going round the track.

Arrows suffered another failure of somesort, the engine of DLR's car cutting out just out of sight on the grid, presumably with some sort of electrical or throttle problem.

And yes, today was the day I met some fellow luna... Sorry, I meant Ten-Tenthers . And very nice it was too. Expect to see hilarious photos here soon. *oh my gaaawd*...

On the autograph stalking front, JYS signed a Jaguar pic of mine, and I also caught Paul Stewart at lunchtime.

In the evening, we were successful, managing to stop Burti and DLR, who had left the gates but thanks to two of us standing in front of his car and another thrusting a pen in his face he had no choice but to stop... Hehehe. He said he was surprised at how many people wanted his autograph though.

No sign of Ralf. .

Mika was caught in a traffic jam and several people returned triumphant - I decided to make a run for it too late. Never mind.

STAR OF THE DAY: (Apart from the lovely Ten-Tenths people...) The title begrudgingly goes to Mika Hakkinen. Tut.

PRAT OF THE DAY: Panis.

Here's to the next test in September! Hurrah!

Old 17 Aug 2000, 20:44 (Ref:31146)   #102
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Exellent day . .loads of fun and laughter as normal!

Hope to see everyone soon . .

Carrie the pictures have been posted . . http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/btccfanzone

Can you do the norm for me . .TA

Old 17 Aug 2000, 21:05 (Ref:31148)   #103
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I'll do it for you...

Old 17 Aug 2000, 21:06 (Ref:31149)   #104
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Old 17 Aug 2000, 21:06 (Ref:31150)   #105
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Old 17 Aug 2000, 21:08 (Ref:31151)   #106
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Anyone know how to get video clips on-line ? Do I need some special soft/hardware or something ?
Old 17 Aug 2000, 21:10 (Ref:31152)   #107
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Oh, and who was the arse in the helicoter who seemed intent on landing on MF's head ?
Old 17 Aug 2000, 21:17 (Ref:31153)   #108
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh the joys of Digital Cameras

Old 17 Aug 2000, 21:20 (Ref:31154)   #109
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Didn't realise you'd beaten me to it posting the photos Craig. I've brightened that group pic up a bit though, we appeared to have some very nice siloettes before - or however you spell it!!!
Old 17 Aug 2000, 21:22 (Ref:31155)   #110
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks like I'm pulling a rude face...

We thought the guy in the chopper was Hakkinen, and so we waved anyway. We also started waving at anyone we felt like who was leaving - their reactions were hilarious.

Unless it was Gaston in the helicopter - after all, I've been less than complimentary about him on many occasions...

Old 17 Aug 2000, 21:24 (Ref:31157)   #111
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't even think about putting vid clips on here Craig. Most of the time you pointed that thing at me I didn't say anything that can be repeated in a respectable place.
Old 17 Aug 2000, 21:30 (Ref:31159)   #112
Carrie
Veteran

I just don't want to think what that video might be like!!!!
Old 17 Aug 2000, 21:33 (Ref:31161)   #113
Lorna
Veteran

I watched some of it, without sound of course and it was funny. Craig is definitely going to be a menace with that thing for the rest of the season.
Old 17 Aug 2000, 21:39 (Ref:31163)   #114
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Gee, I must be a somebody... MF waved at us on the way out!

Come to think of it Mr Fan, how did you miss Hakkinen on the way out? He was four cars ahead of us in the queue. You should have seen the people around around his car! Poor bloke...

What a thoroughly brilliant day. My first (yes, first!) taste of genuine F1 was a blast! (Mainly to the ears!)
A day of great weather, and even better, a great bunch of people to spend it with.

The photos of my latest T-Shirt venture will be awaited with anticipation...

Thanks for a memorable day, guys!

And sorry for the shocking behavior from my lil 'un...
No Big Brother for her tonight!

Old 17 Aug 2000, 21:47 (Ref:31165)   #115
Lorna
Veteran

Get away with yer, Sparky. Sparky junior is great. She can come to race meetings again. The youngest member of Ten Tenths Gang I believe.

I too had a great day. It was my first taste of F1 as well. I am a little sun burnt but not in too much agony. Craig was quite well behaved behind the wheel on the way to the circuit (see, Craig, I have mentioned it). The U turn on the A43 was a bit dodgy but I coped.
Old 17 Aug 2000, 21:55 (Ref:31168)   #116
Carrie
Veteran

It seems a long time since I took the photo of Sparky's new t-shirt right at the beginning of the day - must get that developed soon, not being advanced enough to own a digital camera! Shame we didn't get a photo of that Fiesta going out of the circuit at the end of the day to go with it
Junior Sparkster is more than welcome to join us again, but if she does she has to find a new flagpole for the Jordan flag - my monopod normally gets used with the camera
I'm upset now, Minardi Fan didn't wave at me as I left the circuit
Old 17 Aug 2000, 22:01 (Ref:31170)   #117
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Well, I got a wave!

PS Hello to our dear friend tourist
Old 17 Aug 2000, 22:06 (Ref:31172)   #118
Carrie
Veteran

You got a wave Craig, I'm surprised people weren't running for cover with your driving
Old 17 Aug 2000, 22:20 (Ref:31178)   #119
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not waving, but praying...

Tell me, Craig and Lorna, what was with the running around and swopping driving seats in the queue to get out of the lane?

Well, thank you one and all for a truly wonderful day out. The F1 cars were a mere sideshow, but the ten-tenths gang is not to be missed. Great to meet Minardi Fan at last, and a delightful surprise to meet Simon (SL) as well. Looking forward to Goodwood!

And for everyone who couldn't pry themselves away from work, look out for the next gathering of the clans. Be there or be cuboid - which is worse than being square.
Old 17 Aug 2000, 22:26 (Ref:31179)   #120
Chris Y
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, good day out was had by mee tooo. People were great, but occasionally these really loud things went past behind me. Dunno what they were, but fortunately they didn't go past too often

'Twas my first taste of F1 up close and personal too. Louder than I first imagined, but most of them were bearable, except the Macs, which bordered on the painful

Good that Jarno gave us a wave or two.

Little Sparkster is most welcome next time..
Old 18 Aug 2000, 06:09 (Ref:31217)   #121
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah, so that is what a large group of Ten-Tenthers looks like. If there is video I would love to see it regardless of what language it contained.

I would have liked to join you, but a $500+ airfair stopped me.

Chris, I remember my first time with F1 cars at the Canadian GP. There were a bunch of Japanese tourist infront of us at Qualit that were not wearing ear plugs, and boy did they suffer, especially when the McLarens came by on flyers. Hope your hearing didn't suffer much more. THe quietest one, by far is the Minardi, but I don't think it was there. The Minardis only make a low hum compared to the screaming McLarens.
Old 18 Aug 2000, 19:18 (Ref:31286)   #122
Carrie
Veteran

I know it may seem hard to believe, but when we weren't busy taking photos or videos of each other, we actually found time to see some cars

Old 18 Aug 2000, 19:29 (Ref:31291)   #123
Carrie
Veteran

Old 18 Aug 2000, 19:41 (Ref:31294)   #124
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well it was good to meet you all at Silverstone, finally.

I was looking for a bunch of flag wavers, clad in Minardi & Jordan Yellow, Ferrari Red and McLaren Silver. Steering clear of the group of "rowdy football fans" in the stand, led by a fan in an England shirt, I continued my searched in vain. :confused

After lunch and a short jetlag enforced nap in the sunshine I stumbled across Sparky in the stands wearing a TT cap, I then found that the "rowdy football fans" was in fact a so called quiet TT gathering, headed by Craig in an England shirt. No wonder MF was in the terraces !

I was glad to see improvisaton, a camera leg used as an expensive flag pole to obtain a wave from the drivers, it impressed the Jordan driver so much he almost spun. Well done Carrie, good way to get that impressive spin out photo.

Hope to see you all again at the next meet.

Simon.

PS alongside MH out the circuit in his Jag, pleased to say SL in a Nissan 200 is quicker off the mark than MH in a Jag But I had to yield as I was on the wrong side of the road (thought it was one way like race meetings, OOOOoooP's)

Old 18 Aug 2000, 19:47 (Ref:31295)   #125
Carrie
Veteran