Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Sep 2003, 02:48 (Ref:733500)   #101
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those that can't wait, why not try his orange juice? Thextons. I used it to get the moss of the driveway
Old 29 Sep 2003, 02:50 (Ref:733501)   #102
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If the Pepsi deal is as lucrative as it is said to be, Speedy might just be able to run a full program of VCS and KVS with a gun driver
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 29 Sep 2003, 05:23 (Ref:733579)   #103
Steve Ellery
Rookie

Steve Ellery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi

Thought I would reply seeing as though I was asked to by the Tool Man and Gudgeon.

The debate about where or what will happen to the Super Cheap money is one I wish not to enter except for saying that I am 99% confident that our team will have secured all deals within this week And that these deals were also close to completion before Sandown. Yes that result seems to have helped but we were almost there anyway.

Secondly, would like to point out that what is speculated on these forums does sometimes affect the livelihoods of the teams and the sponsors. I also beleive that everyone on here has a right to there opinions but to try and be more sure of your facts before you print them would be nice. My email is always open to answer any questions regarding myself or my team at any time.

Lastly, Ithought it appropriate after all that has been said and speculated that at no time has the relationship between Myself, My team or Super Cheap been an issue. We have had an open and very great relationship for four years now and we always keep each other informed on all dicisions within our team and there organisation.

I hope this helps.

Steve
Old 29 Sep 2003, 05:27 (Ref:733581)   #104
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Thanks Steve, I agree. Speculation is not entirely unhealthy, but we should be clear when they are made if they are fact or a rumour from somewhere. Reality is some people like to pretend they know, and some people geniuely know.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 05:50 (Ref:733595)   #105
The Tool Man
Veteran

The Tool Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Steve, that will clear that one up also.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 05:53 (Ref:733596)   #106
Rulekeeper
Racer

Rulekeeper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great to see another Team clarifying the facts.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 05:58 (Ref:733600)   #107
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There are other teams and drivers in here that post with impunity under various guises...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 29 Sep 2003, 06:06 (Ref:733603)   #108
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
There are other teams and drivers in here that post with impunity under various guises...
Really??? I hope that I have not given the impression that rumours are fact. When I say they are fact they are.

Better go and battle the Auckland traffic on the way home
Old 29 Sep 2003, 06:38 (Ref:733629)   #109
The Tool Man
Veteran

Let me just say re earlier and quite childish posts by me in relation to what Lyris alleged ,that my behavior was STUPID and WRONG and she has rightly pointed out I have been a #$%^@ of late. I apologise to her and to all of you. I would not like my behavior or anyone elses to make someone feel they cannot continue to contribute to a forum.
Sorry Lyris some of us ( and I was not the only one - just the latest one) should have known better and should not allow our personal problems to interfere with what we do on this site or any other. I think there is a lesson in that for all of us.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 07:24 (Ref:733661)   #110
mjt57
Racer

mjt57 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not sure Nations Cup will enjoy his presence, might depend if #10 is forthcoming in November.
I assume "#10" is win number 10 for PGB? Perhaps I can start a whole new thread on this, one that'd echo the ghosts of aus.sport.motor a while ago, when it was argued which race was THE race - Bathurst 1000 (v8s), or any other race.....
Old 29 Sep 2003, 07:57 (Ref:733692)   #111
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Sure is.. Holden will claim it as PB's #10 anyway

It has a shot, especially if the 3 young guns stay in the car a lot of the time
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 29 Sep 2003, 08:57 (Ref:733767)   #112
Archer
Veteran

Archer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Steve, as per my previous posts on this thread, I cant tell you how much I and we appreciate you coming on here and clearing things up. It stops rumors and problems for you and gives us closure on speculation. Thanks heaps for your time, you've just got another fan. Good luck at the mountain!
I support (V8): Holden, Holden Racing Team, Perkins Motorsport, #888, #2, #22, #11, #7, #3, #34, #51, #55, #33, #88, #18, #4, #5 & #1. I support (F1): Williams Toyota, Red Bull Renault, #15, #16, #23, #9 & #10.

RIP Peter Brock and Mark Porter
Old 29 Sep 2003, 09:05 (Ref:733774)   #113
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I would thank the other drivers from posting too but I wouldnt want to embarrass by outing them

There is a suggestion over on the F1 forum that at least 2 current F1 drivers post over there... under pseudonyms of course

Last edited by GTRMagic; 29 Sep 2003 at 09:05.
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 29 Sep 2003, 10:13 (Ref:733850)   #114
The Tool Man
Veteran

Quote:
Paton Brake Replacement? or Peter Brock Racing

I was going to have a go at guessing which sponsor will end up where but not even my chocolate wheel is that clever

POLARIZER BROCK RACING
Old 29 Sep 2003, 11:48 (Ref:733961)   #115
FatBoy
Racer

FatBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ellery
Secondly, would like to point out that what is speculated on these forums does sometimes affect the livelihoods of the teams and the sponsors. I also beleive that everyone on here has a right to there opinions but to try and be more sure of your facts before you print them would be nice. My email is always open to answer any questions regarding myself or my team at any time.
That's not a bad point Steve, and i'm glad you had the balls to say it. The problem is as has been pointed out that plenty of people like to do a bit of muck raking purely for entertainment value. I don't really see the point of that ??
But to be fair if i was to hear something interesting that made sense and i "might" be tempted to tell the guys here are switched on and can readily let you know what is true and what is bullsh1t...
Sometimes it's difficult to achieve a happy medium i guess...

One other thing that ****es me off is how so many people hide behind names. The sad part about the Internet is how faceless people can be.
A guy can call himself "Micheal Schumacher" if he wants to and come on here and tell us all about his exploits when he's actually a pimply faced snotty nosed 13 year old brat from Bondi...

If there's other drivers out there reading, perhaps they'd like to register another user name so they can say what they think when it's appropriate... After all, we don't bite...

Cheers,
Paul...
Old 29 Sep 2003, 23:26 (Ref:734682)   #116
Allan Moffatt
Rookie

Allan Moffatt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by FatBoy

One other thing that ****es me off is how so many people hide behind names. The sad part about the Internet is how faceless people can be.
A guy can call himself "Micheal Schumacher" if he wants to and come on here and tell us all about his exploits when he's actually a pimply faced snotty nosed 13 year old brat from Bondi...........
and show me in the rules where it says that people connot use the names of drivers, teams, car types. People pick these names for a number of reasons, and the most popular reason would probably be the same reason people spend millions buying race team merchandise, it is because they support their idols.

GET A LIFE

I can only be perplexed at why you picked your name, and I bet it has nothing to do with a model of motorcycle made by a famous motorcycle manufacturer!!!

Last edited by Allan Moffatt; 29 Sep 2003 at 23:30.
Old 30 Sep 2003, 00:02 (Ref:734704)   #117
prn 31
Racer

prn 31 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Allan Moffatt
and show me in the rules where it says that people connot use the names of drivers, teams, car types. People pick these names for a number of reasons, and the most popular reason would probably be the same reason people spend millions buying race team merchandise, it is because they support their idols.

GET A LIFE

I can only be perplexed at why you picked your name, and I bet it has nothing to do with a model of motorcycle made by a famous motorcycle manufacturer!!!
Our friend must be using his own name here, though it is very close to that Canadian Australian racing driver called Allan Moffat the guy who won 4 Bathursts driving Falcons and a few ATCCs as well. Our friend must have got picked on at school by having a name so close to a racing legend.
Old 30 Sep 2003, 00:07 (Ref:734707)   #118
Rulekeeper
Racer

Rulekeeper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by prn 31
Our friend must be using his own name here, though it is very close to that Canadian Australian racing driver called Allan Moffat the guy who won 4 Bathursts driving Falcons and a few ATCCs as well. Our friend must have got picked on at school by having a name so close to a racing legend.
LOL.
Old 30 Sep 2003, 00:55 (Ref:734719)   #119
harderfaster
Rookie

harderfaster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Allan Moffatt
[/B]
Why on earth would you want to call yourself Allan Moffat?
Old 30 Sep 2003, 02:20 (Ref:734766)   #120
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mr Moffatt- you've come storming in here with all guns blazing and obviously haven't read the rules!

Is there a restriction on the user name I choose ?
We try not to interfere with your choice of username, but we do have several rules relating to your choice:

You may not choose a name which is offensive or in any way libellous
You may not choose a name which infers that you are someone else - whether that be another user on this website or elsewhere, or a driver, team boss, or anyone else in the motorsport industry.
You may not choose a name which promotes your website or product in any way.
Failure to adhere to these basic rules will, depending upon the seriousness of the infaction, lead to your user name being amended, or your posting rights removed. If you accidently choose a user name which breaks any of these rules, please drop me an email and I will edit your user details for you.

Settle down a bit, or hit the road jack!
Old 30 Sep 2003, 02:55 (Ref:734787)   #121
Allan Moffatt
Rookie

Mr/Ms Crash Test, if you would to go back to my first post, and the subsequent posts after that you will see that since posting for the first time I have been attacked, and what does one do when they are attacked, well they do one of 2 things, they retreat or they fight back.

If the name I have chosen to use offends anyone, then please change it and email me an edited name that I can use.

And if this rule is to enforced to me, then I suggest that a serious review occur of all user names that fall into the same category as the one I have chosen. I don't have to look too far to find any!!!
Old 30 Sep 2003, 02:57 (Ref:734788)   #122
Allan Moffatt
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by harderfaster
Why on earth would you want to call yourself Allan Moffat?
and why would you call yourself harderfaster, is there an inadequancey here?
Old 30 Sep 2003, 03:00 (Ref:734790)   #123
Allan Moffatt
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by prn 31

and I suppose it is OK by the rules to ridicule others
Old 30 Sep 2003, 03:01 (Ref:734792)   #124
Allan Moffatt
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Rulekeeper
LOL.
again, is it OK by the rules to ridicule others?

Last edited by Allan Moffatt; 30 Sep 2003 at 03:01.
Old 30 Sep 2003, 03:01 (Ref:734793)   #125
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Settle down kiddies. Sometimes in here we all take ourselves a little too seriously.
Closed Thread