Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 23 Jan 2004, 01:13 (Ref:847709)   #101
Tailwind
Veteran

United States
Mulvane, KS
Tailwind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to CART.com, Chris Festa will be driving for the Rahal Toyota Atlantic team along side Danica. Now I know this is the Champ Car forum, but this raises a question. First, I’m glad to see Rahal run a second car the full season and this driver has potential. However, what does that mean for Jon Fogarty? He won’t be in the Toyota Atlantic series for Rahal so does he move into that rumored second seat in the Rahal Champ Car program? Other names have been linked to that spot. Is he out of a ride again? :confused:
Old 23 Jan 2004, 02:22 (Ref:847762)   #102
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the info, Tailwind! Btw, where have you been lately? We need as many ChampCar fans around here as possible!

Cheers,
Dov
Old 23 Jan 2004, 02:29 (Ref:847766)   #103
zerO
Veteran

zerO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dov
Didn't the Scottish kid (Ryan Dalziel?) out perform Macri in the Walker 4 driver test!?
Doesn't matter if he did or not, Derrick Walker is "hard-up" for Jonathan Macri ( Dalziel is his second choice) - why ??? maybe the sponsorship monies play a role here (Macri has backing from some Japanese ball-bearing manufacturer who recently has slapped it's name on a car #17 in NASCAB) - don't really know what will happen, but Walker is simply "in love" with Macri... go figure...

zerO
Old 23 Jan 2004, 02:33 (Ref:847769)   #104
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
You must be talking about NTN Bearings. Btw, Valiante is still Walkers first choice, then Macri....right!?
Old 23 Jan 2004, 02:35 (Ref:847770)   #105
zerO
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Tailwind
According to CART.com, Chris Festa will be driving for the Rahal Toyota Atlantic team along side Danica. Now I know this is the Champ Car forum, but this raises a question. First, I’m glad to see Rahal run a second car the full season and this driver has potential. However, what does that mean for Jon Fogarty? He won’t be in the Toyota Atlantic series for Rahal so does he move into that rumored second seat in the Rahal Champ Car program? Other names have been linked to that spot. Is he out of a ride again? :confused:
The answer to your question is: MOST PROBABLY YES ?!?!... Jon Fogarty never was as good as many believe he is, Rahal needed him to fill a void in his TA team, now he has found the driver for it - that means that according to Bobby Rahal, Chris Festa is better than Jon Fogarty ?! and that means: end of the road for Fogarty...

btw, Justin Wilson will be shooting for the second car in Champ Cars (sometime soon) ?!

zerO
Old 23 Jan 2004, 02:43 (Ref:847772)   #106
zerO
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Dov
You must be talking about NTN Bearings. Btw, Valiante is still Walkers first choice, then Macri....right!?
Hey Dov,
finally I figured out why you keep nagging me with this... hihihaha... take a look again at http://www.planet.nl/~f1/cart2k4.htm and you'll see that I have Macri in Walker's car #5 and Valiante in Walker's #15 - we both know that the #15 is Walker's primary car - it will definitely materialize... and Macri in #5 is an extremely strong possibility - if it won't be him than either Ryan Dalziel or some Giancarlo Guacamoli with a bag full of $$$ - that simple ?!

zerO
Old 23 Jan 2004, 10:39 (Ref:848036)   #107
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's good that Conquest have been active recently, and that FDR are still seen to be active. Walker and Coyne are very much rumour-based right now - it's a shame Derrick is always so reliant on moeny, because he can turn out competitive cars. On the other hand, it's a shame AAR, Arciero-Blair, Davis, ASTJ etc went bankrupt when Coyne always seems to live to fight another day.
Old 23 Jan 2004, 11:48 (Ref:848103)   #108
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Walker and Coyne always manage to get at least one car on the grid, and frankly since both got two on the grid last year with a minimal amount of fuss, I see no reason why the same can't happen again. The situations are almost exactly the same.
Old 30 Jan 2004, 23:52 (Ref:857018)   #109
zerO
Veteran

Few things have happened during the last week:

1. Kevin Kalkhoven has bought Patrick Racing and donated it to Emerson Fittipaldi who will run the team together with Jim McGee and it will be known as FITTIPALDI Racing.

2. In the meantime, Jamie Dingman is ****ed off and he is suing Emmo and OWRS because of all that.

3. Walker Racing is selling off all of his Reynard stuff and he's switching to Lolas.

4. The only team left that is using Reynards is Eric Bachelart's Conquest Racing - but, they are about to be racing no more !! = MiJack is either pulling away from them and going to IRL for an appearance at Indy or they'll try to get Conquest to come with them - without MiJack, Bachelart is flat broke and odds are that he will not be able to field a team in OWRS this year... so, while we say "Sayonara" to Conquest - let's say hello to a Champ Car World Series that shall have the whole grid compromised of Lola-Ford cars ?!?!

zerO
Old 31 Jan 2004, 00:01 (Ref:857026)   #110
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz
Walker and Coyne always manage to get at least one car on the grid, and frankly since both got two on the grid last year with a minimal amount of fuss, I see no reason why the same can't happen again. The situations are almost exactly the same.
As long as OWRS is willing to shell out the money to pay half the cost.
Old 31 Jan 2004, 00:21 (Ref:857038)   #111
MLM
Veteran

MLM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't understand the Dingman deal....why was he left out and why is he suing?
Old 31 Jan 2004, 01:04 (Ref:857072)   #112
zerO
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by MLM
I don't understand the Dingman deal....why was he left out and why is he suing?
Because he helped Emmo a little bit last year and he isn't helping (ie: adding $$$) Emmo this year... Emmo got help from KK and Dingman got dinged - that simple ?!

zerO
Old 31 Jan 2004, 09:00 (Ref:857329)   #113
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by corkholio
As long as OWRS is willing to shell out the money to pay half the cost.
Coyne/Walker have always managed to put at least one car on the grid on a shoestring. One car = good. Two cars = better, but one car from each would be just fine.
Old 31 Jan 2004, 09:29 (Ref:857343)   #114
Öbus
Rookie

Öbus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jim McGee will not be with Emerson. You can count on that.
Old 31 Jan 2004, 13:13 (Ref:857550)   #115
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada

Quote:
Originally posted by Öbus
Jim McGee will not be with Emerson. You can count on that.
And you know this to be sure because............
Old 31 Jan 2004, 13:43 (Ref:857568)   #116
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"minimal amount of fuss," maximal amount of Pookfare.
Old 31 Jan 2004, 14:05 (Ref:857582)   #117
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Without Pook's funding, Coyne would've struggled to get a car on the grid last year, and probably Walker only one. Dale had nothing in 2002 and didn't last long in 2001. Walker was dependant on now-gone Japanese money for several years as well. There are no guarantees that these guys will get cars funded.
Old 31 Jan 2004, 14:32 (Ref:857602)   #118
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov,

Who cares what TG does in the IRL? This is about OWRS.

Ben

Last edited by f1manoz; 31 Jan 2004 at 23:40.
Old 31 Jan 2004, 14:49 (Ref:857620)   #119
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
None the last few years, as anybody's been able to tell or speculate about. Carpenter had his own sponsors for the deal with PDM last year and Cheever has Red Bull for the deal this year. That'd be about the only one to speculate about.

The OWRS principals had a teleconference and said there'd be stronger purses but repeated no Pookfare....a day after Kalkhoven bought Patrick's team for $1.5 million and gave it to Fittipaldi as Zero posted above. Naw, no Pookfare.
Old 31 Jan 2004, 14:52 (Ref:857621)   #120
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
The IRL forum is this way..... v
Old 31 Jan 2004, 15:06 (Ref:857639)   #121
indycool
Veteran

I answered your own question on this forum that you posted about the IRL.
Old 31 Jan 2004, 15:18 (Ref:857656)   #122
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did Kalkoven give it to Fittipaldi, or is he retaining ownership and Fittipaldi is just running the team?
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 31 Jan 2004, 15:23 (Ref:857660)   #123
indycool
Veteran

As I've read elsewhere, he bought the team for Fittipaldi but Fittipaldi had to find the coins to sponsor and run the team. Don't have any idea where the ownership might lie.
Old 31 Jan 2004, 15:31 (Ref:857665)   #124
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by indycool
I answered your own question on this forum that you posted about the IRL.
You didn't notice the at the end of the question.....which means I am sick of you're negativity on the ChampCar forum....I was being sarcastic. IMO if you only come over here to put down the CCWS, then I would prefer it if you went to the IRL forum!
Old 31 Jan 2004, 15:32 (Ref:857666)   #125
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seems to me to be more of an investment in product rather than welfare. It's common practice for new owners of a company to subsidize them until they are able to stand on their own.
TG did it.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"