Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 May 2004, 17:04 (Ref:980191)   #101
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lol he loves ferrari to much thats the other thing i hate he hails ferrari for their greatness (which they are) but all the itv crew do it quiet annoying, when other teams do well & dont get a peep.
Old 23 May 2004, 17:37 (Ref:980218)   #102
esorniloc
Veteran

esorniloc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another example of bad commentry from Martin and James today. Neither noticed Montoya passing Barrichello in shot and it was about a min later when they actually said anything about it, even though there were at least 3 shots of JPM ahead.

When will these amateurs get sacked?
Old 23 May 2004, 17:40 (Ref:980220)   #103
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
soon
Old 23 May 2004, 18:05 (Ref:980239)   #104
verglas
Racer

verglas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did anyone catch the Radio 5 Live commentary today? Fantastic stuff yet again, enhanced by the inclusion of Johnny Herbert who was excellent, and came ot with some very rude comments about Ralf!! It really is worth watching the pictures and listening to the radio, no irritating JA to endure.....
Old 23 May 2004, 18:11 (Ref:980246)   #105
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
how about i mute the tv & have 5 live as my sound instead
Old 23 May 2004, 18:17 (Ref:980250)   #106
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As verglas said...
Old 24 May 2004, 13:36 (Ref:981316)   #107
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe they should get celebrities in to help Martin - I'd love to hear Dame Edna in that little box.
Old 24 May 2004, 13:46 (Ref:981330)   #108
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does ANYONE like James Allen? Anyone at all!?
Old 24 May 2004, 16:21 (Ref:981493)   #109
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Don't think so, spider.
Old 24 May 2004, 16:28 (Ref:981500)   #110
Son of Jor-El
Racer

Son of Jor-El should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Colin Rose does!!
Old 24 May 2004, 16:59 (Ref:981541)   #111
Dick Spanner
Racer

Dick Spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He also came out with "and David Coulthard swerved into the path of Giancarlo Fisichella". Not on my telly he didn't, and what was the garbage he was spouting about Panis at the beginning? Something like "Panis looks like he's on the swings at the park waiting for someone to push him but nobody will" or did I imagine that?
Old 24 May 2004, 17:12 (Ref:981557)   #112
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sadly you didn't imagine that!

Also the marshals let the car roll down the hill a bit and James let out a horrible shrill scream: "HAHAHA! THEY'RE JUST LEAVING HIM!"

Old 24 May 2004, 18:47 (Ref:981691)   #113
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
he needs to be sacked end of story.
Old 25 May 2004, 02:30 (Ref:982104)   #114
alfaman
Racer

Mauritius
Middlesex
alfaman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Prepare to shoot me down but .....

I'm no fan of James Allen but earlier in this thread someone wrote about how ITV looks after its own - or something like that.

Well just think if ITV dumped its commentators like Jaguar ditches its drivers we'd soon be left with that guy who does the post-race presentations at Castle Combe who sounds like Rodney from "Only Fools & Horses"....

On a different note I think ITV's pre-race build-up at Monaco was entertaining....the "Oceans 12" stuff for the casual observers, Johnny & Eddie for the more informed and some very well put together sequences including Coulthard plugging his hotel...

I think ITV needs to look at the whole team at the end of the season not just James Allen.

They could shed wooden Ted as well as Tony Jardine.

Keep Brundle and Blundell defintely. Jim Rosenthal is fine. I'd even say keep Louise whats-her-name - she's in a different league to JarJar Binks from Motors TV.

And I think Ben Edwards should get the commentators job although he needs a bit of a makeover! (Maybe get him on "Queer Eye for a Straight Guy"....). But technically you'd then have 2 ex-drivers commentating...
Old 25 May 2004, 14:20 (Ref:982579)   #115
neil_davidson2
TT Photo Of The Year Winner - 2009 & 2010
Veteran

England
Swindon, UK
neil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridneil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep - I think this weekend Ted managed to elevate himself to Dullard-in-Waiting most especially by his completly inept interview with Ross Brawn after Qualifying...

"You said that 'We' made it difficult for Michael - what do you mean? The car's no good?"
Old 25 May 2004, 17:10 (Ref:982767)   #116
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

And why does James always refer to everything as "rock 'n' roll?"

CUT IT OUT!
Old 25 May 2004, 17:18 (Ref:982774)   #117
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
And why does James always refer to everything as "rock 'n' roll?"
Because he's a ****!
Old 25 May 2004, 17:33 (Ref:982791)   #118
hamsmith
Racer

hamsmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ITV should stop encouraging the guy. I,ve just come across the guys race analysis.
www.itv-f1.com/itv_team/itvteam_story/21312
ITV must hate F1 fans.
Old 25 May 2004, 17:41 (Ref:982807)   #119
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yes.

Not exactly Nigel Roebuck is he?
Old 25 May 2004, 18:02 (Ref:982820)   #120
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ugh... his first few lines make me want to close my browser...

oh well its back to my dart board with Allens picture on it..
anyone want to challenge me? who can hit JA's face the most times wins...
Old 25 May 2004, 18:32 (Ref:982841)   #121
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Son of Jor-El
Maybe Colin Rose does!!
Not too sure about that
Old 25 May 2004, 18:34 (Ref:982843)   #122
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
Yes.

Not exactly Nigel Roebuck is he?
Errrrr... no. He's enthusiastic, though.
Old 25 May 2004, 19:41 (Ref:982935)   #123
Matthopps
Racer

United Kingdom
Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Matthopps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
as if Trulli would care whether JAMES ALLEN! is happy for him or not, it doesn't matter; that race report was the worst pile of I have ever had the misfortune of reading:

" There were some bizarre incidents in this race, which made for a powerful subplot. First the Fisichella shunt, which McLaren are blaming the Italian for. He did appear to be going pretty quickly in the danger zone, compared with Montoya and Coulthard, whom he hit. It’s very lucky that no-one got hurt in that shunt".

So now the race has 'plots does it'! like the big accident at the start was planned! Of course Fisichella was going quicker than the cars in front of him - that's a fact not an opinion - that's why he went flying over the back of the Mclaren - he didn't appear to do the - he did! james allen can't even write anything half decent - get him GCSE English lessons and quick - actually better make that Primary School.

I can fairly say that james allen is the worst commentator to have ever graced a tv set; just gooooooooooo! quickly, anywhere away from F1,
I think Mr Blobby could do better!

end of rage (for now)
Old 25 May 2004, 19:44 (Ref:982940)   #124
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Goooooooooooooooo.....and write for F1 Racing.
Old 25 May 2004, 20:15 (Ref:982977)   #125
Matthopps
Racer

United Kingdom
Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Matthopps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, that would be an offence to F1 Racing mag!