Old 4 Jul 2004, 15:34 (Ref:1025851)   #101
mjolnir
Racer

Australia
Sydney
mjolnir should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
er, I think everyone got that and Logrence replied as such!

Whatever its only a bit of fun.
ah, yes... yes it was... and it WAS 3am in the morning...
Old 6 Jul 2004, 12:42 (Ref:1028018)   #102
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Im leaving inna a few hours... this is the map i have found so far.. LINK

Cars will be limited to 75mph...

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 6 Jul 2004, 12:50 (Ref:1028023)   #103
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
As I work in London I will leave the office about 5.30
Old 6 Jul 2004, 13:15 (Ref:1028054)   #104
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Where do you think a good place will be to watch from? Its going to be packed out!!!

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 6 Jul 2004, 14:29 (Ref:1028106)   #105
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Not sure yet, join us at the Eros statue at 6.00 and we'll go from there.
Old 6 Jul 2004, 14:37 (Ref:1028117)   #106
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Enjoy it you lot. I'll be thinking of you.
Old 6 Jul 2004, 14:45 (Ref:1028123)   #107
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm going with a couple of friends from school who've never seen any motorsport of any kind before. Should be interesting for them
(little do they know I'm gonna get them down there an hour early and then stand there for an hour holding our position (though it may well be packed already by then...)
Old 6 Jul 2004, 14:55 (Ref:1028138)   #108
f1truestory
Racer

f1truestory has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
do they show on ITV or ITV2?
Old 6 Jul 2004, 15:11 (Ref:1028151)   #109
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I sort of wanted to go, but to be honest the idea of standing in a packed crowd for hours just to see a quick glimpse of the cars didn't really appeal to me. I'd rather got to Snetterton and watch an FVee race!

Anyway, me and the missus are going to London in a couple of days anyway for a couple of days away, so I can't really afford to go down twice.
Old 6 Jul 2004, 15:35 (Ref:1028168)   #110
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I was thinking of going but decided against it when I heard estimates of between 250 and 500,000 people were expected to attend... hopefully there'll be a bit of coverage on the local news. They're certainly plugging it big style on the radio right now. Didn't expect it to be this big to be honest. Can only be good for the sport.
Old 6 Jul 2004, 15:43 (Ref:1028177)   #111
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Ya you old spoilsport....
Old 6 Jul 2004, 15:54 (Ref:1028186)   #112
Bald Spot
Rookie

Bald Spot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just had a look at the BBC's trafic cameras for the area, it's busy folks!!!!!!, very busy Piccadilly Circus is looking a little busy, about 10 deep at present! So lets hope I can get off the train to start with! Hope to see you all there.

David
Old 6 Jul 2004, 15:58 (Ref:1028191)   #113
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Green
Ya you old spoilsport....
Maybe! If I suddenly feel the need to see a fast procession I'll tune in to the GP on Sunday

Seriously - seen loads of F1 cars so no huge excitement there and, although it would have been nice to see the cars somewhere different like London town, the idea of 500k people there kinda puts a damper on it! I remember trying to see the McLaren parade in Woking town centre when Mika won his first title and that was truly an abortion of an afternoon - didn't see a damn thing!

Now if only I could shut up this loser on the radio who is insisting that the British GP is gonna be through the streets of London in a couple of years time...
Old 6 Jul 2004, 16:00 (Ref:1028194)   #114
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
hahahahaha...have a great weekend Craig
Old 6 Jul 2004, 16:02 (Ref:1028197)   #115
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
And you too, old boy
Old 6 Jul 2004, 16:43 (Ref:1028238)   #116
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
It is being shewn live on Sky news active, press the red button
Old 6 Jul 2004, 17:03 (Ref:1028257)   #117
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
BBC will have something on it in a few minutes as well.
Old 6 Jul 2004, 17:17 (Ref:1028272)   #118
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
also on ITV london news. it looks very crowded there
Old 6 Jul 2004, 17:32 (Ref:1028284)   #119
GreenAdam
Rookie

GreenAdam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
london f1

are you people on tententh all got your tv's on
Old 6 Jul 2004, 17:39 (Ref:1028292)   #120
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Start seems to have been delayed.ITV London has egg on face.Programme finished before start!! have switched to BBC London-thet are on to 7pm-staring now!!!
Old 6 Jul 2004, 17:41 (Ref:1028295)   #121
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Wow! Excellent coverage !
Old 6 Jul 2004, 17:47 (Ref:1028302)   #122
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ITV News will have it on in a minute.
Old 6 Jul 2004, 17:53 (Ref:1028314)   #123
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still no action,seems crowd is much bigger than expected,as I forcast weeks ago.The circuit looks very narrow with those plastic barriers-hope it gets going before dark..Crowd is 20 deep in places and people are hanging off buildings.
Old 6 Jul 2004, 17:56 (Ref:1028321)   #124
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
OK ITV DIDN'T have it on, just more about a possible "London GP"...
Old 6 Jul 2004, 17:56 (Ref:1028322)   #125
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Shame that it's running late as I think it would have got good TV coverage with both ITV and BBC looking set to show it live at least in part. Off to Sky News I think...