Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 14 Jan 2005, 20:04 (Ref:1201135)   #101
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's correct, btracer
Old 14 Jan 2005, 20:07 (Ref:1201139)   #102
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i'll probably get slapped for this, but tim bridgman has an attitude problem that needs addressing. i don't doubt his talents on track (well i do, but everyone doubts everyone's abilities to a point), but i do question whether his attitude could be his undoing when it comes to actually moving his career forward. otherwise, i'm sure he'll do very well if he can drive like he did during his fbmw season, that was good stuff.

i'm trying not to laugh at the idea of dan clarke driving for raikkonen's lot.
Old 14 Jan 2005, 20:13 (Ref:1201144)   #103
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
Well, he did manage to complete 60 laps of Brands Indy to win the FF Festival, contrary to, er, some people's expectations!
Old 15 Jan 2005, 13:54 (Ref:1201557)   #104
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
i'll probably get slapped for this, but tim bridgman has an attitude problem that needs addressing. i don't doubt his talents on track (well i do, but everyone doubts everyone's abilities to a point), but i do question whether his attitude could be his undoing when it comes to actually moving his career forward.

Now that Tim is managed by Martin Brundle and Mark Blundell - I think they'll help tackle the attitude problem.
Old 15 Jan 2005, 13:56 (Ref:1201558)   #105
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
BillyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Now that Tim is managed by Martin Brundle and Mark Blundell - I think they'll help tackle the attitude problem.
Is he the only one to sign up for "2MB"?
Old 15 Jan 2005, 14:02 (Ref:1201562)   #106
Kicking-back
Veteran

They are due to announce deals with several drivers in the coming weeks, according to the company.
Old 15 Jan 2005, 17:28 (Ref:1201618)   #107
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After all those Formula BMW and Formula Renault wins, its nice to see Bruno get the F3 drive he so commandingly deserves
Old 16 Jan 2005, 13:44 (Ref:1202201)   #108
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it true that Danilo Dirani left Carlin Motorsport to join to Hitech Racing?
Old 16 Jan 2005, 14:58 (Ref:1202249)   #109
Jonny Apex
Veteran

Jonny Apex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If it's true (!) then I think Clarke could go quite well. He's got raw pace (as shown on many occasions, eg. opening lap at Spa, last to the podium at Thruxton) and good racecraft (win at Festival). OK, he's prone to a few shunts, but I'd rather have an aggressive driver in my car than a journeyman. Aggression can't be taught and is one of the attributes required to get to the top.
Old 16 Jan 2005, 15:12 (Ref:1202258)   #110
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFonseca
Italiaracing.net are reporting this, and also that Hitech will use Mugens.

They also say that Salvador Duran will race for P1 (Dallara-Mugen) in the National Class, and Michael Herck will race for his father's team (Dallara-Opel).
Old 16 Jan 2005, 16:32 (Ref:1202296)   #111
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder
Italiaracing.net are reporting this, and also that Hitech will use Mugens.

They also say that Salvador Duran will race for P1 (Dallara-Mugen) in the National Class, and Michael Herck will race for his father's team (Dallara-Opel).
The bit about Mugens is correct - think it's in Autosport as well - but I'm more sceptical about the Dirani side of things, although I did hear the rumour.

It's also right about Duran with P1 and Michael Herck being in the Championship Class.
Old 16 Jan 2005, 20:58 (Ref:1202500)   #112
bradrive
Racer

Brazil
Italy&Spain&Brazil
bradrive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFonseca
Dirani is also talking to TME to do Euro F3, nothing is signed yet
Old 20 Jan 2005, 17:28 (Ref:1205798)   #113
Zurich
Rookie

Switzerland
Zurich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Apex
If it's true (!) then I think Clarke could go quite well. He's got raw pace (as shown on many occasions, eg. opening lap at Spa, last to the podium at Thruxton) and good racecraft (win at Festival). OK, he's prone to a few shunts, but I'd rather have an aggressive driver in my car than a journeyman. Aggression can't be taught and is one of the attributes required to get to the top.
He didn't look too aggressive when he retired a perfectly healthy car in the Renault winter championship at Croft. It looked more like he spat his dummy out because he wasn't doing very well.
Old 20 Jan 2005, 19:56 (Ref:1205870)   #114
Kicking-back
Veteran

So Dan Clarke and Bruno Senna at Raikkonen's team.

A great opportunty for both.

Will Daniel listen to the advice of an F1 driver, or is he an "I know best" merchant?
Old 20 Jan 2005, 20:26 (Ref:1205891)   #115
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello everyone, haven't posted for a while! Sure you've all missed me

Been some interesting news over the last few weeks regarding signings, and I have to say I'm now quite positive about 2005 and can't wait for Donny!

Strange choice by RRR, not to have a proven driver in there. Bruno Senna COULD be a real star, he showed flashes of pace in his brief spell in BMW but his racecraft was questionable. Another year in a lower formula would have been much more beneficial I'd have thought.

The old Danny Clarke debate is up and running again, should be an interesting one this one. He's got the equipment and I'm sure a bloody good budget so this could be the year we finally see if he can cut it. Does anyone know how much involvement Raikkonen has in this team? Is it just his name or will he be on hand for advice etc?

Still unsure as to why RRR didn't hang about a bit longer and see if Marko Asmer could raise the budget. They claim they couldn't wait any longer but with no testing or anything until Feb 15th surely it would have been worth the wait to see if he would sign and it would have given them at least a driver with a bit of experience which would surely be vital in developing the new Dallara's.

Carlin looked to be struggling to fill seats, has TC taken his finger off the button whilst he's pursueing his F1 goals? Bakkerud didn't set the world alight in BMW and some dodgy Jap that I can't say I've ever heard of hardly is the start of the strong line-up they normally have.

Hitech-Mugen could be the team to beat this year in my opinion, Bridgman will be strong and with Blundell and Brundle behind him he's got a lot of experience to draw from. Could be a facinating battle between him and Mike Conway.

There's a table in Autosport today with well over 20 possibles on it and looking through it I can see they've missed several possibles off. Could we be back to the glory days of 30+ cars, well possibly. The addition of the National class has been a major factor. Would like to see 1-2 *star* shall we say names sign up just to add that extra bit of proven quality but so far (and its only mid Jan) so good!
Old 20 Jan 2005, 20:32 (Ref:1205894)   #116
Kicking-back
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz
some dodgy Jap that I can't say I've ever heard

If you haven't heard of him, how do you know he's dodgy?
Old 20 Jan 2005, 20:39 (Ref:1205898)   #117
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
I like the way you still havn't lost your nack of picking up on my points K-B and still appear to have far too much spare time on your hands, your eyes must be square mate.

Well put it this way if he'd been any good in any formula I'd have heard of him by now! And I remember reading ages back in Autosport TC was testing a 37 year old Jap bloke who blatently had a whad of cash, and plenty of spare time! No offence to the bloke, does anyone know anything to tell me the contrary? But please, it does pee me off a tad when these random's take the decent seats.

I know he's got the budget, others haven't etc, etc. But it just seems a bit embarrasing when your championship's supposed top team is fielding some golden oldy, clubby style! It just all reminded me of that Paul Lau that did Renault's a couple of years back...anyone remember him? Sure Lewis Hamilton hasn't forgot him!

Last edited by Gaz; 20 Jan 2005 at 20:40.
Old 20 Jan 2005, 22:13 (Ref:1205935)   #118
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't the Carlin driver a female from Asian Formula BMW?
Old 20 Jan 2005, 23:17 (Ref:1205978)   #119
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So has a Japanese driver signed for Carlin?? I've not seen any mention online. And I guess you mean Keiko Ihara, Redracer77?
Old 20 Jan 2005, 23:55 (Ref:1206003)   #120
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's the one named in Autosport.

Gaz, what "*star*" names did you have in mind?
Old 21 Jan 2005, 07:46 (Ref:1206116)   #121
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Well I might have got my Jap's mixed up redracer, I know for certain they were testing one which is the guy I mention but perhaps this one is the female BMW racer? Still not the kind of strong driver you expect to see in a Carlin F3 line-up.

I knew someone would ask me the star name question and I wished I hadn't said it now as I can't think of any example off the top of my head this early on a Friday morning! What I meant is that the Euroseries has top drivers such as Hamilton, Rossiter etc whilst at the moment there aren't really any top, *proven* (perhaps this is a better word to use than star) drivers signed up to our series. Although in saying that looking around there aren't many second year drivers looking at F3 so the title really could be anyones in 2005.

btw rumour has it Dirani will now step up to World Series with Carlin rather than do F3.
Old 21 Jan 2005, 10:10 (Ref:1206237)   #122
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Keiko Ihara is the Japanese girl who is doing the Championship Class with Carlin. Wonder how she'll go compared with Susie Stoddart? The guy with Carlin is Koji Shirogane, but he will be in the new National Class.
Old 21 Jan 2005, 10:16 (Ref:1206241)   #123
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats the one - Keiko Ihara she is pretty good. I have watched her a number of times in Asia and would beat Susie if she did race in British F3
Old 21 Jan 2005, 10:28 (Ref:1206251)   #124
watch&learn
Rookie

watch&learn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
She's tested a few times now for British F3 teams and I've heard she is nothing special. She also did Formula Renault here some years ago and didn't really achieve anything. Susie certainly doesn't have anything to worry about there!
Old 21 Jan 2005, 12:24 (Ref:1206313)   #125
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
afaik Ihara also did French F3 at some point