Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 1 Jan 2021, 18:57 (Ref:4026324)   #1226
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
STOP IT. STOP IT NOW.

1 day into the new year and we're already plumbing the punnery depths. I despair!

(not really)
Old 1 Jan 2021, 18:57 (Ref:4026325)   #1227
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
He'll be down down if he doesn't!
I’ve heard that PMR is his best bet to be on the grid alongside Plato.
Old 1 Jan 2021, 19:29 (Ref:4026332)   #1228
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
STOP IT. STOP IT NOW.

1 day into the new year and we're already plumbing the punnery depths. I despair!

(not really)
I'll join you in despairing to keep up the status quo.
Old 1 Jan 2021, 19:38 (Ref:4026334)   #1229
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0yu-mRBXlo
Old 1 Jan 2021, 19:39 (Ref:4026336)   #1230
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
If the deal is attractive enough to sponsors then he deserves to be on the grid.

Depends what he's proposing.
Old 1 Jan 2021, 19:46 (Ref:4026338)   #1231
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If the deal is attractive enough to sponsors then he deserves to be on the grid.

Depends what he's proposing.
I can just see him teaming up with JP as he’s very much been ‘Don’t drive my car’ with PMR only running the non Plato Astra!

If he does get the gig at PMR I’m sure he’ll be ‘Dreamin’ and I’m sure whoever he teams up with he’ll give them a run for their money as he’s not the sort of driver to ‘Roll over lay down’...............I’ll get m’ coat!
Old 1 Jan 2021, 20:07 (Ref:4026345)   #1232
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tator2001uk View Post
Chilton to Cisley . . . i believe another driver had already signed on the dotted line in pencil

I can see Either Proctor or Rowbottom going to BTC
Agree on Chilton, Rowbo will be in a Honda, just not a BTC one.
Old 1 Jan 2021, 22:12 (Ref:4026368)   #1233
houston
Rookie

houston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
Rowbo will be in a Honda, just not a BTC one.
I really hope this is true. Would love to see him in one.
Old 1 Jan 2021, 22:17 (Ref:4026369)   #1234
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
Agree on Chilton, Rowbo will be in a Honda, just not a BTC one.
So either Dynamics (meh) or are the FK2s still going to be in play? AmD goes to Motorbase and MB becomes an outifit in its own right?
Old 1 Jan 2021, 22:57 (Ref:4026376)   #1235
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
So either Dynamics (meh) or are the FK2s still going to be in play? AmD goes to Motorbase and MB becomes an outifit in its own right?
At least one of the FK2s is now in Andrew Jordans possession so that's unlikely
Old 2 Jan 2021, 04:41 (Ref:4026400)   #1236
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The other FK2 which was on the grid in 2020 has gone from the BTCC. The TBLs will be used with a couple of Fords.
Old 2 Jan 2021, 08:36 (Ref:4026404)   #1237
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
The other FK2 which was on the grid in 2020 has gone from the BTCC. The TBLs will be used with a couple of Fords.
Yes indeed. It has been sold along with a TBL to be a donor car, so we won't see any FK2's in the championship.
Old 2 Jan 2021, 10:36 (Ref:4026414)   #1238
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Now you've intrigued me. Are we gonna have a new team with a couple of Fords?
Old 2 Jan 2021, 10:53 (Ref:4026416)   #1239
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Now you've intrigued me. Are we gonna have a new team with a couple of Fords?
No the newly owned motorbase performance will be running 4 fords this year
Old 2 Jan 2021, 12:01 (Ref:4026418)   #1240
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
to bee fair the fk2's are probably the longest serving ngtc shells, they have done their bit
Old 2 Jan 2021, 12:23 (Ref:4026419)   #1241
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Yep completely forgot, well it was so long ago wasn't it! 😂

So then does that mean Rowbottom at Dynamics? (hopefully a third car because I can't see him challenging Dan)

Or a new, presumably Cataclean, team in its own right? (again, unless AmD splits with MB and MB can afford a couple new FK8s (I guess new builds))
Old 2 Jan 2021, 12:40 (Ref:4026421)   #1242
sobpd1
Rookie

sobpd1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
where is this info that Dave Bartrum as sold out and to who , is this fact or rumor
Old 2 Jan 2021, 13:17 (Ref:4026424)   #1243
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobpd1 View Post
where is this info that Dave Bartrum as sold out and to who , is this fact or rumor
A new company was registered (Dec IIRC) called Motorbase Performance and with Shaun Hollamby as the Person with Significant Control (PSC).
The team that entered as Motorbase in the 2020 season is linked to Racing Red, which Bartrum is listed as a PSC for.
Old 2 Jan 2021, 13:39 (Ref:4026430)   #1244
Rowbo01
Rookie

Rowbo01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yep completely forgot, well it was so long ago wasn't it! 😂

So then does that mean Rowbottom at Dynamics? (hopefully a third car because I can't see him challenging Dan)

Or a new, presumably Cataclean, team in its own right? (again, unless AmD splits with MB and MB can afford a couple new FK8s (I guess new builds))
🙄 i doubt that TD would even consider me to be honest, but it’s nice to be in the frame. 👍🏻

Although I’m not sure why given equal opportunity I couldn’t challenge Dan? It’s such a difficult Championship and I don’t think many drivers get given a fair go at it, you need to be in the right car, right place, right time. There are a few stand outs, Ash for example...

I am hoping to be back in the grid in 21’ if that helps ☺️ Take it easy fellas and Happy New Year, hoping for a better one for all!

Rowbo,
Old 2 Jan 2021, 14:00 (Ref:4026434)   #1245
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowbo01 View Post
🙄 i doubt that TD would even consider me to be honest, but it’s nice to be in the frame. 👍🏻

Although I’m not sure why given equal opportunity I couldn’t challenge Dan? It’s such a difficult Championship and I don’t think many drivers get given a fair go at it, you need to be in the right car, right place, right time. There are a few stand outs, Ash for example...

I am hoping to be back in the grid in 21’ if that helps ☺️ Take it easy fellas and Happy New Year, hoping for a better one for all!

Rowbo,
Just going off the results in the Mercedes, though I know you said it was a poor year for you and not the best car. I agree that given another go you'd be further up the grid and would be good to see you back
Old 2 Jan 2021, 14:08 (Ref:4026435)   #1246
Rowbo01
Rookie

Quote:
Just going off the results in the Mercedes, though I know you said it was a poor year for you and not the best car. I agree that given another go you'd be further up the grid and would be good to see you back
Oh mate, for sure. The results in 2019 were terrible. Worst year of motor racing I have ever had since I started Karting in 1997 at 8 years old! That’s how bad 😂

The car wasn’t brilliant in 19, and over the winter last year the guys put a lot of effort in and I think in testing the pace showed. Unfortunately with COVID it wasn’t to be last year. I do think we would have been better in 20!

Let’s see, if I get back on the grid I’ll do my best and a little more and let’s see how we end up!!

🙏🏻👍🏻
Old 2 Jan 2021, 14:50 (Ref:4026437)   #1247
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Thanks for commenting on here, Rowbo. Are you allowed to tell us what teams you are in talks with, or is that confidential information?
Old 2 Jan 2021, 15:18 (Ref:4026443)   #1248
Rowbo01
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
Thanks for commenting on here, Rowbo. Are you allowed to tell us what teams you are in talks with, or is that confidential information?
Haha, no worries!

Someone said to me that I was being talked about and I thought I better check it out!

I can’t really say, due to NDA’s that are floating about but for me it is purely down to commercial opportunities for my partners foremost. Of course as a driver I have preferences, but the commercials are most important.

I have to sell Cataclean to stay on the grid, it really is that simple, and not only that, I have other partners that I am just as responsible to give a ROI too, that the business element is so important,

Some drivers are in the position to not have to give that aspect too much concern, although these guys are becoming less and less I feel! We are all fighting for the same space at the end of the day!

That said, there are talks going on and I am 100% confident that we will be on the grid 👍🏻
Old 2 Jan 2021, 15:54 (Ref:4026445)   #1249
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowbo01 View Post
That said, there are talks going on and I am 100% confident that we will be on the grid ����
How big a problem is it for you the likely absense of any hospitality and/or spectators again this season? I appreciate the effects will vary from sponsor-to-sponsor.
Old 2 Jan 2021, 16:24 (Ref:4026451)   #1250
Rowbo01
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
How big a problem is it for you the likely absense of any hospitality and/or spectators again this season? I appreciate the effects will vary from sponsor-to-sponsor.
It’s a massive problem for all of us I think. I’m not sure a total absence is going to be true? But for sure I cannot see everything being back to normal again, and certainly not before the mid season, if at all again for this year!

I have sponsors that are fully leveraged against bringing guests, with little to no exposure on the car or my person, so obviously if I cannot facilitate my obligations for hospitality then that is income that has been switched off.

It’s a right mess to be honest and I’m starting to really wonder where the end of this is.

There are going to be effects on motorsport and “sponsorship” for a very long time. Also, forgetting the “hospitality” having no spectators is quite frankly crap. The buzz that we get as drivers, but more importantly, the partners get having a piece of the action in front of all those people is actually priceless. It’s one of those things that you don’t even consider until it is gone...

We are just very lucky that TOCA and ITV give the championship the exposure on the telly box that it does otherwise I for one as many more, would not have a hope in hell of being on that grid!