Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Sep 2014, 05:09 (Ref:3452057)   #1251
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
its all about the darkside!

i wasnt trying to shift the blame away from Nico though. just trying to look for explanations for why he seems to be cracking under the pressure.

two races in a row now for NR where he has made one questionable choice and given an odd reason for it followed by two unforced errors.

so only fair imo to look speculate on reasons why he is making such odd mistakes.

for me i suspect that the size and scope of social media is adding (significantly) to the pressure NR is under and i also question his ability to deal with it.

needless to say i believe social media plays a much bigger role in shaping the story then perhaps other do and that its effects have very real consequences upon those involved in said story.
I think it is to do with luck catching up with Nico. He's been making mistakes all season and most of them he had got away with.

Remember when he was so close to stuffing it into the wall in Canada and went off whilst ahead in Austria (?). I guess we can also add Monaco qualifying to the list as well.
Old 11 Sep 2014, 14:26 (Ref:3452153)   #1252
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
for sure he has been very lucky that his mistakes haven't cost him more.

for me though i wouldnt say it was bad luck that caused him to use the escape road twice in one race though. that was a mistake he has to own imo.

obviously i have no idea what was going on in his car let alone in his head so im just speculating that its pressure based on his being out in front for the first time and from being cast as the bad guy by the fans and by his team, an attitude being reinforced and magnified via social media.

although from the responses i have been getting on this i have to admit that im over thinking it.
Old 11 Sep 2014, 17:08 (Ref:3452206)   #1253
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
for sure he has been very lucky that his mistakes haven't cost him more.

for me though i wouldnt say it was bad luck that caused him to use the escape road twice in one race though. that was a mistake he has to own imo.

obviously i have no idea what was going on in his car let alone in his head so im just speculating that its pressure based on his being out in front for the first time and from being cast as the bad guy by the fans and by his team, an attitude being reinforced and magnified via social media.

although from the responses i have been getting on this i have to admit that im over thinking it.
I don't think the mistakes themselves were bad luck but more the consequences of said mistakes.

I don't think he is making any more mistakes compared with 6-7 races ago but now they are costing him positions. The mistake at Monza gave away maybe 3-4 seconds and probably cost him the win, on the other hand he made a similar mistake in Austria and he was able to stay ahead.
Old 13 Sep 2014, 01:17 (Ref:3452759)   #1254
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.f1reader.com/#/news/039-m...tle-039-106051

Well, after reading Mansell's comments....the one who gets the least amount of booing will win the title and sell more cars.
Old 17 Sep 2014, 13:31 (Ref:3454318)   #1255
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Silly me. I'd forgotten that F1 is a popularity contest.
Old 17 Sep 2014, 15:50 (Ref:3454364)   #1256
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, the most popular with the manufacturer...
Old 17 Sep 2014, 16:07 (Ref:3454371)   #1257
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Which is usually the one who scores the most points.
Old 23 Sep 2014, 17:17 (Ref:3456934)   #1258
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Which right now is Hamilton......
Old 26 Sep 2014, 08:04 (Ref:3457755)   #1259
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, glad Rosberg was robbed of points as Hamilton had been in the past deu to mechanical failures. Evens up the book so now hopefully we can see who gets the points haul and comes out on top on a slightly more even playing field.

I am still backign Rosberg as I think Hamilton will be the more likely to mess up and cost himself a 1st or 2nd
Old 26 Sep 2014, 17:06 (Ref:3457883)   #1260
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ_HCR32 View Post
Well, glad Rosberg was robbed of points as Hamilton had been in the past deu to mechanical failures. Evens up the book so now hopefully we can see who gets the points haul and comes out on top on a slightly more even playing field.

I am still backign Rosberg as I think Hamilton will be the more likely to mess up and cost himself a 1st or 2nd
Sorry OZ, the only thing that will cost Hamilton the title is lack of reliability with his car.
Old 26 Sep 2014, 17:29 (Ref:3457890)   #1261
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ_HCR32 View Post

Maybe.
Rosberg won the first race when Hamilton retired but once under way Hamilton won the next four. Since then Rosberg clawed back the advantage till the last two races reset the order. It was Rosberg who made the errors in Italy. Hamilton was clearly driving within himself and the car in Singapore, faster than anyone else and using less fuel.....

The points system favours reliability. There are five races left, one with double points. If Hamilton wins three of them and is second at the other two, and Rosberg wins one plus the double points race and has thee seconds the difference at the end of the season is still the three points it is now. Hamilton has demonstrated across the year that on form, he is the faster of the two over a race distance.

This may not make people happy, but the question of reliability will make the difference in who gains the title, not speed.
Old 26 Sep 2014, 18:17 (Ref:3457903)   #1262
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There are a lot of comments about how Rosberg "deserved" the retirement since Hamilton had more bad luck so far, but what would happen if Rosberg retired from the next three races with technical problems? Would the public tide turn to favour Rosberg and say Hamilton should be robbed of points as well? I don't think so.
Old 26 Sep 2014, 20:47 (Ref:3457940)   #1263
Zico
Racer

Zico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucky View Post
There are a lot of comments about how Rosberg "deserved" the retirement since Hamilton had more bad luck so far, but what would happen if Rosberg retired from the next three races with technical problems? Would the public tide turn to favour Rosberg and say Hamilton should be robbed of points as well? I don't think so.

Yes quite, I don't think its a purely Lewis fanclub thing though. I regard myself as a neutral between the two... in fact I actually regard Alonso as the most complete pilot in F1 right now.
If Nico won the WDC on the track purely on merit I'd be one of the first to applaud his acheivement however some of his actions (especially Monaco) have left me with a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth.
I do hope he gets beaten fairly and squarely on the racetrack over the remaining races and not through reliability woes however.
Old 26 Sep 2014, 23:05 (Ref:3457976)   #1264
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seven wins and three retirements against four wins and two retirements, simplistic way of looking at it but who can honestly say that Hamilton doesn't deserve to be leading the title race at the moment.
Old 27 Sep 2014, 01:01 (Ref:3457989)   #1265
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
I don't buy into the whole "deserves" thing but there's no doubt that when reliability allows, the two of them seem to be pretty evenly matched, sometimes LH quicker, sometimes NR & the current points gap indicates that there's nothing in it heading into the last few races of the season.

Let's hope for some good racing between them as it seems unlikely that anyone else is going to find the car speed needed between now and the end.
Old 28 Sep 2014, 18:05 (Ref:3458410)   #1266
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't care who wins. I want to see some great racing between now and the end of the season.
Old 28 Sep 2014, 22:02 (Ref:3458449)   #1267
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Whilst Hamilton is a favourite driver of mine overall, I like to see Rosberg win it this year for sentimental reasons. A first time champ would be good. He's not a bad lad either.
Old 28 Sep 2014, 23:57 (Ref:3458476)   #1268
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk View Post
Sorry OZ, the only thing that will cost Hamilton the title is lack of reliability with his car.

Or sabotage apparently ....

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/0...0HL2F520140926
Old 29 Sep 2014, 04:12 (Ref:3458491)   #1269
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
3 points difference in Lewis's favor. 7 wins from 11 finishes for him. 4 wins from 12 finishes for Rosberg. Thats the stat that is most impressive and shows me theyre not actually 'close' but misfortune has brought it that way. Rosberg has the benefit of having 2 pole positions without Lewis able to challenge for that spot in Germany and Hungary. Rosberg has one less dnf 2 vs. 3 and hasn't had any failure in qualifying. Yet still trails by 3. Were fortunate the championship is this close. Because if Lewis had no failures, it wouldnt be. If Nico had no failures, it wouldn't be.
Old 6 Oct 2014, 14:49 (Ref:3461311)   #1270
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Before watching the race, I could see a sense despair in Nico's face and voice during an interview with some guy named Tom. So, I was not at all surprised to see that despair in his driving during the race. To me, his face displayed being a loser before the race even started....which wasn't good.
Old 6 Oct 2014, 14:52 (Ref:3461313)   #1271
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Still all to play for, but I sense that Hamilton has the upper hand now.....
Old 6 Oct 2014, 15:49 (Ref:3461336)   #1272
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The problem is that the ridiculous double points race in Abu Dhabi could decide it all. If Hamilton extends his lead to 49 points by then and then suffers a mechanical breakdown Rosberg could still be champion. We all know that reliability is part of the game but by doubling the points in one race Bernie has put a huge emphasis on it. I just hope that whoever wins the title the double points fiasco doesn't decode it.
Old 6 Oct 2014, 18:30 (Ref:3461400)   #1273
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Absolutely.
Old 6 Oct 2014, 20:06 (Ref:3461461)   #1274
Noodoo
Rookie

United Kingdom
Manchester
Noodoo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure Bernie said somewhere that even he now admits that double points is a bit daft, and now we know that it won't be returning next year, could they not just admit that they've been a bit stupid and scrap it for this season too? Especially as the driver's title is SO close at the minute, and probably will be up until the last race.

There's still time.

As for Hamilton Vs Rosberg, it's raw pace Vs consistency, and for me, raw pace is what F1 is about.

Hamilton for the title.
Old 6 Oct 2014, 22:59 (Ref:3461514)   #1275
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
people say they want to see overtaking, and Lewis is the one doing it so my money's on him :-) (not much though!)