Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 23 Apr 2016, 22:12 (Ref:3635938)   #1251
JasperClan
Racer

United Kingdom
Benwick
JasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
I saw the latter half of the programme, and it did talk quite a bit about the Scotsman, Tim - tho we were a bit miffed that they didn't really mention that the old girl's restoration was undertaken by Riley and Co in Bury, where I was brung up .
Must have fallen asleep Richard as they mentioned it numerous times.
Old 23 Apr 2016, 23:22 (Ref:3635951)   #1252
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperClan View Post
Must have fallen asleep Richard as they mentioned it numerous times.
They were probably mumbling or Richard has a dodgy TV.

Or something.
Old 24 Apr 2016, 05:07 (Ref:3635971)   #1253
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Falce View Post
It's ok Iain, they are just part of the invasion force that we have to accept with not complaints and supply them with homes and money.
P
Wonder if the cargo is breathing?
This xray ban thing is completely unfounded-we can eat iradiated tomatos and strawberries so cant be that bad-besides which it prolongs shelf life.
Old 24 Apr 2016, 13:03 (Ref:3636030)   #1254
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Stop press !!!! For years I have trying to set the 30MPH sign off on my way ho e from work . Today I was on the racer and I did it. Well happy. 😀Think I got up to 40 . Now knackered after long drive back from Hockenheim. Nice and local this week . Silverstone We'd , Brands Friday then up to Donnington at the weekend .
Old 24 Apr 2016, 13:40 (Ref:3636045)   #1255
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
See you at Donington. We're there on Saturday.
Old 24 Apr 2016, 23:47 (Ref:3636165)   #1256
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There's also what has become the regular parade of cars down the hill into Castle Donington on Saturday evening.

Should keep the bars busy.

Anyone up for curry or similar?

Saturday or Sunday presumably.

Or both ....
Old 25 Apr 2016, 11:03 (Ref:3636223)   #1257
Dan Rear
Veteran

Dan Rear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
There's an old diesel Type 37 that DRS run from Norwich with nameplate proudly proclaiming 'Concrete Bob'. I always thought it a bit bizarre until researching- It's Sir Robert's nickname......

Seems another famous person from 'the arts' has passed away. Apparently Shakespeare is no longer with us?
Mike, I had a nice ride behind Concrete Bob the other day, Preston to Lancaster. Very well it went too. First carriage full of Gricers as you would expect. Doesn't look great for the Canaries does it...?
Old 25 Apr 2016, 11:21 (Ref:3636225)   #1258
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thank goodness for Google; whatever did we do before it and the interweb were hatched? A Gricer, a fanatical railway enthusiast, is a new one on me; I just can't keep with all the new words that appear in the English language.

Whilst I am on one, could someone tell me what Joe refers to as a TCA; I am sure I know what it is, but it's got me stumped for the moment?
Old 25 Apr 2016, 11:49 (Ref:3636231)   #1259
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Thank goodness for Google; whatever did we do before it and the interweb were hatched? A Gricer, a fanatical railway enthusiast, is a new one on me; I just can't keep with all the new words that appear in the English language.

Whilst I am on one, could someone tell me what Joe refers to as a TCA; I am sure I know what it is, but it's got me stumped for the moment?
TCA? Track Contol Arm. Hopefully your Anglebox had a pair.....
Old 25 Apr 2016, 12:11 (Ref:3636234)   #1260
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Rear View Post
Mike, I had a nice ride behind Concrete Bob the other day, Preston to Lancaster. Very well it went too. First carriage full of Gricers as you would expect. Doesn't look great for the Canaries does it...?
Perhaps why I haven't seen it here recently! They usually have two '37s' with couple of carriages in between running between Yarmouth and Norwich. I like listening to the engine ticking over, supposedly a V16 E.E. unit..... When they leave the station everyone is engulfed in diesel fumes, soot and all! They (DRS) had one of the new Type 68 Spanish built things here month or so ago, very different!

OK positives from your last para- Cheaper tickets for next season, and likely more entertaining matches!
Old 25 Apr 2016, 12:29 (Ref:3636237)   #1261
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Got the new U2 Sat Nav system in the car. Bloody useless! Streets have no name and I still haven't found what I'm looking for!

As to Saturday night Grant. Sadly we will be returning to the home counties.
Old 25 Apr 2016, 17:13 (Ref:3636289)   #1262
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
TCA? Track Contol Arm. Hopefully your Anglebox had a pair.....
With every passing day, I forget more about those halcyon days; I mean, it was 50 years ago, and from 1971 onwards, I have never touched another car mechanically. A wife and then children made sure of that, although to be honest work consumed most of my energies.
Old 25 Apr 2016, 20:08 (Ref:3636336)   #1263
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Got the new U2 Sat Nav system in the car. Bloody useless! Streets have no name and I still haven't found what I'm looking for!

As to Saturday night Grant. Sadly we will be returning to the home counties.

But, but, but ..... surely you will need sustenance for such an arduous journey ....?
Old 25 Apr 2016, 21:19 (Ref:3636354)   #1264
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Not sure what my plans are G P . But count me in for a curry . I will call you when I get to Donny
Old 27 Apr 2016, 17:36 (Ref:3636711)   #1265
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Just back from Media Day. Good to catch up with Bob, Moose, Gazza and Mike. I got let loose in the E Type and gave Steve Ryder and passenger ride. Forgot it had been snowing and arrived at the end of the Hanger straight with car all crossed up and me thinking that in the Sun newspaper tomorrow.
"Steve Ryder in racing car crash". Failed racing career over.
Old 27 Apr 2016, 17:41 (Ref:3636712)   #1266
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Just back from Media Day. Good to catch up with Bob, Moose, Gazza and Mike. I got let loose in the E Type and gave Steve Ryder and passenger ride. Forgot it had been snowing and arrived at the end of the Hanger straight with car all crossed up and me thinking that in the Sun newspaper tomorrow.
"Steve Ryder in racing car crash". Failed racing career over.
Delta walked straight by me, Mike almost smashed the windscreen of some blokes Cortina trying to attract my attention. I'm still trying work it out

Still our Ace Fettler did introduce me to Moosehead (and his Dad) so not too bad a day all-in-all.
Old 29 Apr 2016, 00:14 (Ref:3636984)   #1267
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post

Still our Ace Fettler did introduce me to Moosehead (and his Dad) so not too bad a day all-in-all.
Good to meet and chat with you
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 29 Apr 2016, 04:23 (Ref:3637025)   #1268
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead View Post
Good to meet and chat with you
Steady Wayne , steady . 🙃 Good news about sponsorship for Classic B B Q Bob . Thanks and well done . Let's hope the weather is kind to us this year .
Old 29 Apr 2016, 09:58 (Ref:3637058)   #1269
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
As the weather has been mentioned a few times on various threads in the last day or two, I am happy to report that outside my windows I can see about 4 inches of snow lying on the ground, and the white stuff is still coming down. Sounds about right for the May Bank Holiday!
Old 29 Apr 2016, 10:17 (Ref:3637065)   #1270
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Well here in the vicinity of Donington the sun seems to be out but it's not warm and the wind is very blustery. 45kph according to the weather app on the phone.

"Showers and Thunderstorms in the area, could bring hail."

Lovely.
Old 29 Apr 2016, 10:23 (Ref:3637066)   #1271
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
As the weather has been mentioned a few times on various threads in the last day or two, I am happy to report that outside my windows I can see about 4 inches of snow lying on the ground, and the white stuff is still coming down. Sounds about right for the May Bank Holiday!
I did a meeting at Spa in late May one year and it was freezing and snowing
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 29 Apr 2016, 11:36 (Ref:3637082)   #1272
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I did a meeting at Spa in late May one year and it was freezing and snowing
That was 2013, Gordon! Remember having an argument about truck parking (always at Spa!) in a blizzard. Think that helped my case, as the paddock police wanted to hide from the weather somewhere....
Old 29 Apr 2016, 13:32 (Ref:3637103)   #1273
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Having a great day at Brands . Uncle Eric popped down and the cars are all running well . Happy days . Sun shining
Old 29 Apr 2016, 14:24 (Ref:3637118)   #1274
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Well, I got it Peter. If the others did, they are rude not to laugh! If they didn't, shame on them!
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 29 Apr 2016, 16:22 (Ref:3637140)   #1275
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Well, I got it Peter. If the others did, they are rude not to laugh! If they didn't, shame on them!
John the old ones are the best that's the reason I kept quiet !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Closed Thread