Old 16 Jul 2010, 19:56 (Ref:2727756)   #1276
blaffer
Racer

Belgium
Antwerp
blaffer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
... I also think Vettel will have a different team-mate in 2011. With Red Bull having recently extended Webber's contract, things could get very messy indeed.
Vettel alongside Webber in the same team in 2011 looks impossible now. The transfer market may not be that quiet after all.
Old 16 Jul 2010, 22:18 (Ref:2727806)   #1277
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
It would fascinating to have Vettel and MS in the same team. A huge fight to see who gets the maximum attention from the team and who would be the best marketing tool.

In contrast, what a boring pairing would be Rosberg-Webber! A team just centered about who is fastest on the track. Puaggg!
Old 17 Jul 2010, 00:55 (Ref:2727846)   #1278
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Dr Marko's head explodes?
Looks like it happened... Dr Marko goes BOOM!

Mr Vettel has been the one disadvantaged apparently....

Old 17 Jul 2010, 06:16 (Ref:2727876)   #1279
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poor Horner. He has Vettel wanting to win the championship, Webber screaming foul! Newey throwing delopments at cars at an unpresedented rate. Hemut Marko being outspoken on any topic. The BBC and Eddie in his ear... for a pretty young guy he has LOTS on his plate.

Just as Horner didnt take the time o talk to Mark, Mark didnt take the time to talk to Horner, and Marko is running around making more work for Horner on a daily basis
Old 17 Jul 2010, 07:55 (Ref:2727896)   #1280
SuperTourer
Rookie

Australia
Church Point
SuperTourer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
The stuff about seeing people's true colours in the BBC interview didn't seem too respectful neither.

Or your ropey racecraft.

It really is 'Vettel VS Webber: Round 2' now, isn't it?
ropey racecraft.

Oh yeh... bring it on!
Old 18 Jul 2010, 13:14 (Ref:2728434)   #1281
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Potsie shares his coconuts

After climbing down from the tree...

So if this is part of the clearing of the air at RBR, I wonder what has been promised/given to make this crisis of confidence go away

$$ perhaps?
Old 18 Jul 2010, 15:24 (Ref:2728467)   #1282
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

So if this is part of the clearing of the air at RBR, I wonder what has been promised/given to make this crisis of confidence go away

$$ perhaps?
I've seen this happening sooo many times...
Old 18 Jul 2010, 22:04 (Ref:2728755)   #1283
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:

$$ perhaps?
I think Webber has made his point with the management who have then sorted themselves out.
Now he's pouring oil on the water to calm everythinhg down in reponse to their requests.
If they had made statements it would have resulted in derision, but if Mark makes them there appears to be some credibility.
Old 19 Jul 2010, 00:19 (Ref:2728801)   #1284
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
I loved when Mansell used to throw his coconuts to team chiefs' heads (pun intended).
Old 19 Jul 2010, 18:25 (Ref:2729200)   #1285
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
I think Webber has made his point with the management who have then sorted themselves out.
Now he's pouring oil on the water to calm everythinhg down in reponse to their requests.
If they had made statements it would have resulted in derision, but if Mark makes them there appears to be some credibility.
I think that's correct and this is the quid pro quo from the big boss himself.

Now we need to see how it all works out in practice. I have yet to hear one word of regret from Vettel for what he did in Turkey and until I do the question mark remains where he is concerned.
Old 19 Jul 2010, 23:09 (Ref:2729396)   #1286
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
When you take into account what Dietrich Mateschitz says above and the amount of money he has invested in racing. He would seem to be a racer through and through!

I would suggest that the favouring of one driver over another would not be hos way, and the practices at RBR F1 must be irritating him to say the least.

Hopefully Marko is sidelining himself from the program and Horner and Newey will be left alone to get on with the job of running a racing team without Marko's politics.

Dietrich Mateschitz has always seemed like a real gent to me and is a man of his word, a rare beast in modern life.
Old 20 Jul 2010, 01:39 (Ref:2729422)   #1287
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking forward to qualifying in Germany should be interesting
Old 20 Jul 2010, 13:24 (Ref:2729603)   #1288
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Dietrich Mateschitz has always seemed like a real gent to me and is a man of his word, a rare beast in modern life.
Whatever the truths in this story, i always got the impression from Mateschitz that Red Bull was about fun and extreme sports. Just look at who and what he sponsors world wide.
Having an Aussie World Champion wouldn't be the end of the world, the country as a whole seems to live and breath sports and didn't bungee jumping start there?
The other consideration i always make is that when DC left the sterile Mclaren and moved to Red Bull, he began sporting a beard rather than the waxed complexion of before.
Old 20 Jul 2010, 14:48 (Ref:2729636)   #1289
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep, it showed that you couldn't take the corporate streak out of DC.
Old 20 Jul 2010, 20:05 (Ref:2729799)   #1290
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by herowassenna View Post
The other consideration i always make is that when DC left the sterile Mclaren and moved to Red Bull, he began sporting a beard rather than the waxed complexion of before.
Looked like a right mess too, pretty much like a brick with fuzz.
Old 20 Jul 2010, 20:59 (Ref:2729810)   #1291
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
The idea that growing a beard is a crazy, extreme sport-esque thing to do is hilarious and was expertly lampooned by Sniff Petrol.
Old 21 Jul 2010, 00:32 (Ref:2729867)   #1292
hgmonaro
Racer

hgmonaro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by herowassenna View Post
didn't bungee jumping start there?
no, that's a Kiwi thing, although Wikipedia says "The first modern bungee jumps were made on 1 April 1979 from the 250-foot Clifton Suspension Bridge in Bristol".

We are happy to claim them (Kiwi's) as our 7th state when they do ok at something (except Rugby)
Old 21 Jul 2010, 02:27 (Ref:2729887)   #1293
Massa_number1
Racer

Massa_number1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
webbers doing well considering his grandad might be going to jail!

http://www.thef1times.com/news/display/00796

he must have some serious mental toughness with that going on in his private life
Old 21 Jul 2010, 02:43 (Ref:2729894)   #1294
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
[QUOTE=Massa_number1;2729887]webbers doing well considering his grandad might be going to jail!

http://www.thef1times.com/news/display/00796

don't be silly, its not his grandpa, its his penis.

and/or, he must have some serious mental toughness with that going on with his privates.

sorry, just couldnt resist that one.
Old 21 Jul 2010, 10:57 (Ref:2730056)   #1295
SuperTourer
Rookie

Australia
Church Point
SuperTourer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is very interesting from Hans Stuck:

http://www.thef1times.com/news/display/01567

On a side note, I really loved the way he muscled the M3GTR around Green Hell a few years back. It was truly awesome in-car footage from his qualifying laps. One of my favorite drivers!

I am getting very excited now about the German GP!
Old 21 Jul 2010, 11:33 (Ref:2730074)   #1296
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Interesting story.......

Webber did not want new wing, says RBR engineer
Old 21 Jul 2010, 11:41 (Ref:2730077)   #1297
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I think that was already well known, in fairness.
Old 21 Jul 2010, 12:08 (Ref:2730090)   #1298
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
I think that was already well known, in fairness.
I agree, and in fact after the event suggested it myself in a previous post.

It was more the fact that a senior engineer at Red Bull should feel strongly enough to give the inside story or confirmation that it was indeed fact, and that the story suggests "WE believe that the team management's decision was well-reasoned and logical."

Sounds like potentially within the team Mark has made more enemies than friends over his stance and comments.

Having said that I still believe Mark and Sebastian should have been told about it rather than discover it, but it does justify why the wing was given to Seb.

One wonders had Mark run the new wing and not won the race he might be saying 'Yeah mate, but I was ordered to use the front wing I did not like.....'
Old 21 Jul 2010, 12:23 (Ref:2730101)   #1299
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgmonaro View Post
Wikipedia says "The first modern bungee jumps were made on 1 April 1979 from the 250-foot Clifton Suspension Bridge in Bristol".
I think that was a group of guys which included Chris Hiatt-Baker, a one time Formula Ford pilot I got to know in the mid 70's. He was also into Hang Gliding, and in fact anything as long as danger was involved!
Old 21 Jul 2010, 12:38 (Ref:2730111)   #1300
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
This does not bode well for the rest of the season, although it is nothing more than we could have have worked out for ourselves.

As a random fact, Hamilton does not like Vettel either, perhaps because he sees him as a threat.
Closed Thread