Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 10 Apr 2012, 07:12 (Ref:3056199)   #1301
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
2012 Delta tea is DIY Tel. Thought you knew,Sorry

Company policy changed has it?
Old 10 Apr 2012, 07:50 (Ref:3056218)   #1302
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Car will sadly be let down by running the old Dunlop tyres but hey ho we have got to use up our stocks at least its closer to Group 1 this way!
Group 1 ran on slicks.
Old 10 Apr 2012, 08:46 (Ref:3056244)   #1303
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Group 1 ran on slicks.
There's just no pleasing some people
Old 10 Apr 2012, 09:48 (Ref:3056300)   #1304
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 10 Apr 2012, 12:42 (Ref:3056416)   #1305
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I have just noticed your quotation for the day. What are you on? Would it be a good marketing idea for me to put some in my cognac?
Old 10 Apr 2012, 12:54 (Ref:3056427)   #1306
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I meant Group one as seen by the original CTCRC rules Peter! So tell me if they did run on slicks and I dont doubt it for a moment that you are correct why is it the FIA spec cars run on the treaded Dunlops which is what I was getting at as the road class and FIA has now been amalgamated.
Old 10 Apr 2012, 14:44 (Ref:3056494)   #1307
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Lol, I knew what you meant, but just couldn't resist. Yes the old/original pre 83 CSCC regs are very close to the original BSCC or BTCC regs, and lest we forget, these were really "Grp 1.5" or as they ran at "Spa Group 1B".

As you have pointed out in other posts there are some things that the CSCC allowed that were intended for amateurs such as we. I include disc brakes to the rear etc. But the fully adjustable TCA's, perspex, plastic panels etc. is a no no.

I need to check but I think I will need to change my wheels for the JDClassic series because the Capri was only homologated with 6" rims and I don't recall if the BTCC ran with the extra 1" allowance. That said, we will also be sticking slicks on it.
Old 10 Apr 2012, 14:46 (Ref:3056497)   #1308
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
I have just noticed your quotation for the day. What are you on? Would it be a good marketing idea for me to put some in my cognac?
It's a secret, known only to a rare tribe of bedouins who lived many centuries ago in the desert outside Carrefoure.
Old 10 Apr 2012, 15:13 (Ref:3056521)   #1309
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
It's a secret, known only to a rare tribe of bedouins who lived many centuries ago in the desert outside Carrefoure.
Don't you mean the illlegal immigrants on the Calais ring road next to the Carrefour?
Old 10 Apr 2012, 16:25 (Ref:3056559)   #1310
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
http://maps.google.com/ 25.325379,51.528861
Old 10 Apr 2012, 18:02 (Ref:3056625)   #1311
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

I need to check but I think I will need to change my wheels for the JDClassic series because the Capri was only homologated with 6" rims and I don't recall if the BTCC ran with the extra 1" allowance. That said, we will also be sticking slicks on it.
Peter, any doubt email John Hopwood who is acting as eligibilty scrut for the series. I've got his address, or you can send to Lindsey at MRL and she will forward it to John.

I took 8 wheels to Snetterton on Saturday so that BMTR could fit new Avon slicks. All I will say is good job I didn't use that credit card last month......
Old 10 Apr 2012, 18:22 (Ref:3056640)   #1312
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post
Don't you mean the illlegal immigrants on the Calais ring road next to the Carrefour?

You wouldn't believe how many there were last Wednesday and again late Saturday!!! We need a few snipers posted around the port and chunnel!
Old 10 Apr 2012, 21:19 (Ref:3056787)   #1313
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome to my world!
Old 10 Apr 2012, 22:29 (Ref:3056835)   #1314
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Why do truck manufacturers put all the hammock spaces under the load area?

oops, did I give the game away?
Old 11 Apr 2012, 06:13 (Ref:3056936)   #1315
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Why do truck manufacturers put all the hammock spaces under the load area?

oops, did I give the game away?

Mostly they are on foot,last week they were over on the other side of the A16, unfortunately!
I'll let you know a bit later on how many there are today.[and if I score any points]
Old 11 Apr 2012, 07:24 (Ref:3056968)   #1316
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So away on hols 'till last week and whilst away I asked my son to tidy up the garage in readiness for my new restored / painted MGB arriving back. 'Yes Dad, will do, no problem'. Got back home and opened the garage to check it, to find that he had indeed tidied it up - but only so he could put his newly acquired MGB in there!!

He never even hinted he was thinking of getting one. This MG-bug must be catching, oh dear.

Still got mine in the garage though - his is on the driveway!
Old 11 Apr 2012, 07:28 (Ref:3056971)   #1317
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Keep em coming it will force my London area property values up and up then I can sell up and get the hell out of here and leave it to others to keep the National Health and DSS going.
Old 11 Apr 2012, 07:52 (Ref:3056979)   #1318
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
My mate in the workshop next door wanted some seats for a B roadster that he is rebuilding from the ground up.
He found some and went to get them, he came back with a BGT shell (with new front wings) as well as the seats for the same price as the guy wanted it out of his garden
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 12 Apr 2012, 08:58 (Ref:3057686)   #1319
Robert_R
Rookie

Robert_R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nurburgring

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Caught up with10/10ther Robert R and his gorgeous Brabham 1 litre F3 hope you had a good race Robert.
Hi Iain,

I was also very pleased to meet the famous "Delta" at the 'Ring. My qualifying sessions and the first race went well, but the second race on sunday evening ended painful, when a stupid guy in his FF2000 ran into the rear of my car in the very first lap. The right rear suspension is bent all over, I just hope the old Brabham magnesium upright is not damaged. Quite annoying, because there was no reason whatsoever for this accident, and the costs of the repair will probably eat up my budget for the planned races later this season.

But I guess that's racing....

Regards, Robert
Old 12 Apr 2012, 12:46 (Ref:3057798)   #1320
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
My mate in the workshop next door wanted some seats for a B roadster that he is rebuilding from the ground up.
He found some and went to get them, he came back with a BGT shell (with new front wings) as well as the seats for the same price as the guy wanted it out of his garden
Nice V8 in that Gordon and I'll see you out in Historic V8's!
Old 12 Apr 2012, 13:19 (Ref:3057821)   #1321
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Actually it's a very good shell that only wants a few bits n pieces.
It's funny how these things happen when you're not looking for something
Is there such a thing as a "nice" V8 !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 12 Apr 2012, 17:53 (Ref:3057942)   #1322
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Is there such a thing as a "nice" V8 !
possibly . . . a pair of Crossflows leant over
Old 12 Apr 2012, 20:14 (Ref:3058004)   #1323
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
That'll give you about 220bhp with the wind behind you, wouldnt pull the skin of a rice puddin.
Old 12 Apr 2012, 20:28 (Ref:3058014)   #1324
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I have a suspicion that our leader might be saying something soon about the fact that there are two natter theads going.
Like the good chap that I am I am sticking to this one.
Very good to meet you Robert and very sorry that one of our FF2000 boys did that to your gorgeous Brabham."we must kill him " Max what are you doing Bank holiday Monday. I am going to do the Shinfield 10K in the morning then head straight off to Monaco.
Must say I had a nice evening as I had to take the 11 tonne truck to one garage in Reading to get taco sorted then bike across Berkshire to collect the 18 tonn'er from the Merc dealer. Just about to set off and a guy came running out of the office and said just follow the river and it will take you straight there. Do you know what!!!. He was spot on, I had a lovelly bike ride along the cannel path.,. Just got to work out collecting the truck tomorrow evening straight from Silverstone. Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 12 Apr 2012, 20:30 (Ref:3058016)   #1325
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
That'll give you about 220bhp with the wind behind you, wouldnt pull the skin of a rice puddin.
Al thats pudding.Where's me bill for the banners.
Closed Thread