Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 Oct 2007, 12:53 (Ref:2055854)   #1301
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm
An 'idea' seems way too vague.
Are you surprised that they're being vague, though? I think it's fairly clear that they want to keep their options open...
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 31 Oct 2007, 13:43 (Ref:2055891)   #1302
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
More on Pedro.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63712
Old 31 Oct 2007, 17:03 (Ref:2056022)   #1303
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ford is apparently protesting all 12 teams on the grid, saying that they stole ol'Henry's idea of having a 4 wheel machine powered by a motor.

Ron Dennis reject the allegations, saying the Mclaren has the motor at the back with precise difference in number of cylinders. Ferrari counters the allegations by saying that their car is painted red, not black.

... and the great great great grandson of the inventor of bicycles are looking to challenge Ford for copying the idea of movement on wheels. A seperate legal case is brought up by another family who believes that their ancestors pioneered the idea of horsepower centuries ago.
Old 31 Oct 2007, 17:13 (Ref:2056033)   #1304
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's about the first post from you this year that makes any sense. Well done.
Old 31 Oct 2007, 17:32 (Ref:2056054)   #1305
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Gt_R I have an affinity with the cynicism contained in that post.
Old 31 Oct 2007, 17:34 (Ref:2056056)   #1306
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, i learnt that the easy way i can find agreement with you lot is to disagree with Max.
Old 31 Oct 2007, 17:38 (Ref:2056063)   #1307
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have agreed with Max in the past, but he eventually beat me down to disagreeing with him
Old 31 Oct 2007, 17:43 (Ref:2056075)   #1308
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well I usually agree with most things here but agreeing with Max to meet an angreement with the rest, I disagree then...
Old 31 Oct 2007, 18:17 (Ref:2056110)   #1309
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Look, just because Max is barking mad doesn't mean he doesn't accidentally say something that makes sense occasionally...
Old 31 Oct 2007, 19:06 (Ref:2056160)   #1310
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I can't cope with this! Too many people agreeing with Max.

Since the first car was (supposedly) invented by Karl Benz in 1886 I think that maybe McLaren have the only true right to be on the grid.
Old 31 Oct 2007, 21:44 (Ref:2056335)   #1311
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
I heard the family of the guy who invented the idea of a rolling wheel is protesting the FIA for allowing vehicles with round wheels. Its their intellectual property.
They want a royalty on all competition vehicles with round wheels from the FIA and all its affiliates.
Oval and rectagonal wheels are exempted.....
Old 31 Oct 2007, 21:45 (Ref:2056337)   #1312
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
...so the Honda'll be ok then.
Old 31 Oct 2007, 22:44 (Ref:2056387)   #1313
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
I guess so...
Old 1 Nov 2007, 00:50 (Ref:2056471)   #1314
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon
...so the Honda'll be ok then.
Yes,the Honda is exempt due to a little known minimum speed clause.

It seems that McLaren will be in some sort of trouble if they turn up with anything more sophisticated than a Go-Kart.
Old 1 Nov 2007, 01:19 (Ref:2056480)   #1315
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
And Toyota will be just fine as they are going backwards..
Old 1 Nov 2007, 01:28 (Ref:2056485)   #1316
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith
And Toyota will be just fine as they are going backwards..
I think that Honda went backwards.Toyota are just sort of.......standing still.While you always feel that Honda can some how turn things around,Toyota,on the other hand,will win nothing.
Old 1 Nov 2007, 13:38 (Ref:2056902)   #1317
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Honda for sure went backwards... the only "Honda thing" that improved was Super Aguri.
Old 1 Nov 2007, 13:54 (Ref:2056921)   #1318
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Could all teams not just lock their brakes on the warm up. Thus causing a flat-spot and getting around the round wheel ban. (As long as McLaren do it before Ferrari, it won't have been Ferrari's idea).
Old 1 Nov 2007, 18:05 (Ref:2057090)   #1319
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Could all teams not just lock their brakes on the warm up. Thus causing a flat-spot and getting around the round wheel ban.
"lock their brakes" you say.And just whose brakes are those then?
Old 1 Nov 2007, 19:12 (Ref:2057147)   #1320
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well they can't use anchors off the Titanic!
Old 1 Nov 2007, 19:46 (Ref:2057169)   #1321
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Well they can't use anchors off the Titanic!
I'd like to see them try!

I'm afraid that McLaren will have to come up with a whole new concept in F1 design in order to keep the FIA happy.

Picture the scene in the scrutineering bay:

FIA official: So where's the car Ron?

RD: This is it right here!

FIA official: That's your Lear Jet turned upside-down Ron.
Old 1 Nov 2007, 20:27 (Ref:2057197)   #1322
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So from Max's comments, McLaren are as good as out of next years championship.

An exciting season awaits.
Old 1 Nov 2007, 21:53 (Ref:2057261)   #1323
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I'm concerned by how far the FIA will go to find fault with next year's McLaren. They're obviously not going to find anything that's directly copied from Ferrari, but they can easily enough say that an "idea" from Ferrari has been developed into a McLaren component. And as McLaren are already guilty until proven innocent (which they won't be) the FIA won't even have to prove that they've done anything wrong. The whole thing is ridiculous, the FIA have absolutely no way of being objective in this.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 1 Nov 2007, 22:02 (Ref:2057268)   #1324
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
To me it sounds as if they are intent on finding fault to a worrying degree.

But hey, maybe I'm just paranoid.
Old 2 Nov 2007, 00:11 (Ref:2057335)   #1325
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I am not concerned about this at all...There will be nothing wrong with the 2008 McLaren like there was nothing wrong with this years car..

Sir Jackie Stewart was correct in saying the this is just a Witch hunt on behalf of the FIA. Which is why Mr Mosley did not care for his comments, they were just to close to the truth..