Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Dec 2014, 06:32 (Ref:3485964)   #1301
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure you both would say nice things about someone who lends you a $100k+ car to drive?
Old 18 Dec 2014, 06:47 (Ref:3485967)   #1302
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah sorry, forgot the smilies.
Old 18 Dec 2014, 08:02 (Ref:3485981)   #1303
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marketing department would surely be a little disappointed that he managed to make such an awesome looking car appear to be a crappy little hatch back. Parked on grass even, number one no no.
Old 18 Dec 2014, 15:43 (Ref:3486097)   #1304
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikuni View Post
Marketing department would surely be a little disappointed that he managed to make such an awesome looking car appear to be a crappy little hatch back. Parked on grass even, number one no no.
The marketing department will have to get used to him making a car look like it's parked.
Old 18 Dec 2014, 18:20 (Ref:3486133)   #1305
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
No Polestar blue. Thumb down.
Old 18 Dec 2014, 21:21 (Ref:3486214)   #1306
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Piecing together a couple of press releases from the last couple of days.

DJR running two cars. One for PENSKe one for the Super Black team
PRA(FPR) running 4 cars

is that right?
Old 18 Dec 2014, 22:59 (Ref:3486246)   #1307
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Piecing together a couple of press releases from the last couple of days.

DJR running two cars. One for PENSKe one for the Super Black team
PRA(FPR) running 4 cars

is that right?
DJRTP seems to be running a single car. They announced the departure of a full car crew, so presumably they arent running Super Black
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 18 Dec 2014, 22:59 (Ref:3486247)   #1308
GroupCAction
Rookie

Australia
Sydney, Australia
GroupCAction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I find it amazing how many people slag off David Wall...

Has he ever been in a competitive V8SC... No

Will he be next year... Yes

We are going to see how he stacks up next year in a good car.

Will he trouble Scotty Mc next year... Hmmm prob not, but i think he will surprise a few people. He will do a lot better job than Dahlgren did & i think consistent top 10's won't be out of reach. Scott Pye didn't exactly blow him to the weeds this year. Pye had a best finish of 5th. Wall had a best finish of 5th.

So maybe before blasting him before he even steps into the Volvo take a step back & wait, let's see how he's going by mid year. He does alot more for Motorsport than you lot do, keeping some of our most famous Muscle Cars up to scratch & even races them from time to time. Kudos to the guy.

Last edited by GroupCAction; 18 Dec 2014 at 23:10.
Old 19 Dec 2014, 00:20 (Ref:3486270)   #1309
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Volvo has been shown to be as quick, if not quicker than most of the field, so rather than top tens, i would think that nothing less than top five's and even podiums would be in order then.
Old 19 Dec 2014, 00:30 (Ref:3486275)   #1310
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Dahlgren struggled as he knew neither the car nor the racetracks. Mr Wall has had s couple of seasons in the main game now, knows the cars, knows the tracks.

Last roll of the dice?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Dec 2014, 01:01 (Ref:3486281)   #1311
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
DJRTP seems to be running a single car. They announced the departure of a full car crew, so presumably they arent running Super Black
Grey area being caused by FPR deliberately flouting the rules and looking for a legal separation when clearly they are going to be operating a fifth car in every way but legally.
Old 19 Dec 2014, 01:14 (Ref:3486284)   #1312
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Grey area being caused by FPR deliberately flouting the rules and looking for a legal separation when clearly they are going to be operating a fifth car in every way but legally.
Will FPR actually exist next year, or will it be migrating to its Prodrive Racing Australia brand?

To me that doesnt make sense either.. since prodrive is a UK brand...

Team RusRod?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Dec 2014, 01:17 (Ref:3486286)   #1313
GroupCAction
Rookie

Australia
Sydney, Australia
GroupCAction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
The Volvo has been shown to be as quick, if not quicker than most of the field, so rather than top tens, i would think that nothing less than top five's and even podiums would be in order then.
There'll be a podium or 2 i think but consistently inside the Top 10 week in week out is a more realistic goal for him. If he can do that a championship Top 10 would be a good result for him & Volvo
Old 19 Dec 2014, 03:27 (Ref:3486310)   #1314
Shabbie
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane
Shabbie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I find Gary Rogers really lost a few points when he said he picked David Wall. Are the Choices that low that he could not encourage a top flight driver to his team. David has not shined at all in the 3 years I have watched him. He had the same equipment as team mates and was out gunned each time.

I would of given this more understanding if Gary was to say he was part of the package and we all got on with it. Sorry Gary really unhappy coming from you.
Old 19 Dec 2014, 05:44 (Ref:3486339)   #1315
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Mr Moffat wants a new number..

#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Dec 2014, 06:55 (Ref:3486345)   #1316
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabbie View Post
I find Gary Rogers really lost a few points when he said he picked David Wall. Are the Choices that low that he could not encourage a top flight driver to his team. David has not shined at all in the 3 years I have watched him. He had the same equipment as team mates and was out gunned each time.

I would of given this more understanding if Gary was to say he was part of the package and we all got on with it. Sorry Gary really unhappy coming from you.
Mr Holdsworth got his new gig (so the story goes) by placing a phone call to Mr Schwerkolt.. if he had made the same one to Mr Rogers.. would he have been offered the #34 seat?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Dec 2014, 11:41 (Ref:3486408)   #1317
sebringimsa
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
sebringimsa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Will FPR actually exist next year, or will it be migrating to its Prodrive Racing Australia brand?

To me that doesnt make sense either.. since prodrive is a UK brand...

Team RusRod?

Why not just call it Rusty French Racing and paint the cars black with the nice gold pin stripe like his porsche 935's.
If it rolls, floats, flys or crashes, runs on gasoline or high explosives, shoots a big bullett, makes lots of noise, producing torque and recoil, THEN ITS COOL!! But if it's a ball made out of leather inflated with air hit with a bat, racquet or club, played on a course, green or court by yubbies or left-wingers it SUCKS!!
Old 19 Dec 2014, 18:11 (Ref:3486502)   #1318
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebringimsa View Post
Why not just call it Rusty French Racing and paint the cars black with the nice gold pin stripe like his porsche 935's.
.... and bring back some Judy Green clones in tight black outfits!
Old 19 Dec 2014, 21:33 (Ref:3486536)   #1319
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Mr Holdsworth got his new gig (so the story goes) by placing a phone call to Mr Schwerkolt.. if he had made the same one to Mr Rogers.. would he have been offered the #34 seat?
Would have thought any driver looking for a new gig would have made that call, pretty obvious from early on that Dahlgren wouldn't get a 2nd year...
Old 19 Dec 2014, 23:02 (Ref:3486569)   #1320
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Would have thought any driver looking for a new gig would have made that call, pretty obvious from early on that Dahlgren wouldn't get a 2nd year...
You might also have thought that a Volvo (as opposed to a 4th string Ford, or now as it turns out a 4th string Holden) would be a better bet competitively, especially since its with a team Mr Holdsworth ran with previously...

#CANCERSUCKS
Old 20 Dec 2014, 04:38 (Ref:3486622)   #1321
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
You might also have thought that a Volvo (as opposed to a 4th string Ford, or now as it turns out a 4th string Holden) would be a better bet competitively, especially since its with a team Mr Holdsworth ran with previously...

I still have not heard any confirmation of Charlie to WP, in fact quite the opposite?
Old 20 Dec 2014, 05:46 (Ref:3486626)   #1322
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
I still have not heard any confirmation of Charlie to WP, in fact quite the opposite?
There is talks in the world of a 5th Nissan and a 3rd Volvo and a 4th WP car and a 3rd Benz.. and a 5th PRA car... a mercenary by Mr Dane's definition it seems...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 20 Dec 2014, 06:39 (Ref:3486632)   #1323
Mixer
Veteran

Love to see him pop up at Tekno, but none of the options so far seem to include 888. I think WP would be the best option but I guess it depends on legal issues and costs. I suspect PRA are going to make him pay out or honour his contract.
Old 20 Dec 2014, 07:23 (Ref:3486636)   #1324
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Love to see him pop up at Tekno, but none of the options so far seem to include 888. I think WP would be the best option but I guess it depends on legal issues and costs. I suspect PRA are going to make him pay out or honour his contract.
If Mr Schwerkolt were clever, there would be a performance clause in the PRA preparation contract...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 20 Dec 2014, 21:33 (Ref:3486767)   #1325
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Where To For Xbox Backing?
#CANCERSUCKS