Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 12 Apr 2012, 20:33 (Ref:3058019)   #1326
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I have a suspicion that our leader might be saying something soon about the fact that there are two natter theads going.
Like the good chap that I am I am sticking to this one.
Spotted that, we'll merge them later.
Old 12 Apr 2012, 20:51 (Ref:3058029)   #1327
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I had a nice evening as I had to take the 11 tonne truck to one garage in Reading to get taco sorted
Strewth....that's a helluva big truck for one small Mexican snack....

Last edited by Clive Brown; 12 Apr 2012 at 21:03.
Old 13 Apr 2012, 04:11 (Ref:3058166)   #1328
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Brown View Post
Strewth....that's a helluva big truck for one small Mexican snack....
Old 13 Apr 2012, 07:04 (Ref:3058203)   #1329
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Al thats pudding.Where's me bill for the banners.
I sent you an email Iain I will send you a proper vat invoice via email later today.

BTW i am reinvesting in a very large solvent ink printer (Brand new Epson 64") so if anyone wants large vinyl printed graphics I will be be able to supply. Must be mad in this current climate but with sod all interest on me money at the bank I may as well put it to some use, fingers crossed it works out!
Old 13 Apr 2012, 07:14 (Ref:3058206)   #1330
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Iain, I'd love to do the Shinfield 10k but SOME OF US are at the 360 and we had planned to stay in sunny Norfolk after the race. Wish I was coming on to Monza with you though!
Old 13 Apr 2012, 07:33 (Ref:3058212)   #1331
Robert_R
Rookie

Robert_R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Very good to meet you Robert and very sorry that one of our FF2000 boys did that to your gorgeous Brabham."we must kill him "
Although driving a FF2000, he didn't run in the FFR races, but in the HRA races. I also thought about that killing thing, but in fact he looked like a mixture of a butcher and a lumberjack, so I skipped the idea soon.
Old 13 Apr 2012, 08:06 (Ref:3058222)   #1332
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_R View Post
I also thought about that killing thing, but in fact he looked like a mixture of a butcher and a lumberjack, so I skipped the idea soon.
They're a hard bunch, them FF2000 drivers....

Old 13 Apr 2012, 08:36 (Ref:3058233)   #1333
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Iain, I'd love to do the Shinfield 10k but SOME OF US are at the 360 and we had planned to stay in sunny Norfolk after the race. Wish I was coming on to Monza with you though!

Hey Max, that is a very poor excuse- and if Iain finishes up in Monza he is in trouble. MONaco, dear boy....

If it's not sunny on b/h monday the Scalextric is up and running
Old 13 Apr 2012, 18:58 (Ref:3058536)   #1334
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Hey Max, that is a very poor excuse- and if Iain finishes up in Monza he is in trouble. MONaco, dear boy....

If it's not sunny on b/h monday the Scalextric is up and running
My intention is o have "some beers" after the 6 hours...I did a TT once the morning after "some" beer and that didn't work either,

Monaco, Monza, it's all Greek to me!
Old 14 Apr 2012, 10:51 (Ref:3058840)   #1335
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Dont know about you guy's but every year Mrs Delta and her mates get me to put bets on the Grand national.Do you know what they never give me the money

She is convinced "shakalakaboomboom" is a winner.
Old 14 Apr 2012, 11:18 (Ref:3058864)   #1336
ascona i2000
Racer

ascona i2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Dont know about you guy's but every year Mrs Delta and her mates get me to put bets on the Grand national.Do you know what they never give me the money

She is convinced "shakalakaboomboom" is a winner.
Ha ha my misses has just rung me at work at asked me to come home via the betting shop and put a bet on Shakalakaboomboom because she likes the name?? Womens mentality..........
Old 14 Apr 2012, 12:12 (Ref:3058905)   #1337
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascona i2000 View Post
Ha ha my misses has just rung me at work at asked me to come home via the betting shop and put a bet on Shakalakaboomboom because she likes the name?? Womens mentality..........
My other half has always been lucky in gambling whereas I always lose.
Years ago we went to a race meeting and at the time we had a black dog called Toby.
On the third race was a horse called "Black Toby" at 100/1 and I said "it's got no chance" but of course she put money on it.
The favorite fell at the third fence and caused two of the other top ones to fall as well, you know the rest !!!!!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 14 Apr 2012, 12:42 (Ref:3058920)   #1338
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Whats the tip then Mrs Streeter? I'm skint!
Old 14 Apr 2012, 13:49 (Ref:3058935)   #1339
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Just thought is that not the Abba song.We have no chance.
Old 14 Apr 2012, 14:38 (Ref:3058956)   #1340
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Whats the tip then Mrs Streeter? I'm skint!
Sorry Joe we have only got terrestrial Spanish TV and they are not showing it !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 14 Apr 2012, 17:03 (Ref:3059028)   #1341
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Lucky you! I hate Horses at the best of times. we avoided it all by going to Middle Farm . . . fun for all the family. plants for mum, animals to laugh at for Arthur, mostly cows doing poohs! food for all, a good butchers, and numerous cheeses, ales and ciders for Dad

Welsh Cider, fermented in whisky barrels . . . . strangely nice, can't see me winning any scalextric races this evening
Old 15 Apr 2012, 06:02 (Ref:3059252)   #1342
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As sad as it is to see horses or other animals put down, it would be a shame if the Grand National were to be stopped after the events of yesterday. However on the subject of gambling we'd been to the dog racing at Wembley and all through the evening I'd been placing each way bets, to the extent that by the last race I was around 30 quid better off. So I stuffed the lot on a dog called Chiltern Lad (we lived in the Chilterns). It ran home the winner. Getting on a train at midnight with around 600quid in my pocket was a bit nerve wracking to say the least!
Old 15 Apr 2012, 14:41 (Ref:3059571)   #1343
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
............. It ran home the winner. Getting on a train at midnight with around 600quid in my pocket was a bit nerve wracking to say the least!
I should have your problems.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 16:53 (Ref:3059661)   #1344
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
I should have your problems.
Peter didn't indicate when his was Compte. It might have been a time when 600 notes had real value ... once upon a time you buy a half decent house for that in certain parts of the country.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 16:54 (Ref:3059663)   #1345
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Lol, it was 1989.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 17:02 (Ref:3059678)   #1346
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Lol, it was 1989.
Ah, right. So in today's terms the take would have been quite serious dosh - couple of entry fees and a set of tyres. Perhaps even fuel and breakfasts.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 17:07 (Ref:3059684)   #1347
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
It paid for a reasonable holiday as I recall.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 17:11 (Ref:3059687)   #1348
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Me and Mrs Delta went to Wimbledon Greyhound racing with my friend Nick Owen sadley passed away far too young. He was a police man and never!!! in his long service did he arrest anyone. Anyway back to the story I decided to bet on number 4 all night as the odds must of been that that number would win at least once.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 17:12 (Ref:3059690)   #1349
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
It paid for a reasonable holiday as I recall.
Not an MGB than Pete
Old 15 Apr 2012, 17:53 (Ref:3059732)   #1350
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Me and Mrs Delta went to Wimbledon Greyhound racing with my friend Nick Owen sadley passed away far too young. He was a police man and never!!! in his long service did he arrest anyone.
Is that the same Nick Owen who raced FF2000 in the 80's?