Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 19 Jan 2016, 02:55 (Ref:3606084)   #1351
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
I think its called trolling, and you got dragged into the water, you'll get your tin foil hat wet

Note to all 6.213 admits he is a troll

How's that bridge you're living under Pecky?
Old 19 Jan 2016, 02:57 (Ref:3606085)   #1352
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.213km View Post
Ah Peck - you do give us all some laughs.
Its so good to have you supporting the 12 hour - Australias greatest Motor race. Its clear the tide has turned, the fish are all looking at Bathurst in February now and the 1000 is soon to be a GT3 sprint race no doubt.
You are somewhat confused about me.

Ive watched every 12 hour since the beginning and went in 2014. and i would go again if it was a week later.

I want to see the 12 hour get big, where as many of the posters on her want it to remain small, thus the source of much conflict , that and the constant sniping of v8s by people like yourself

Now stop talking about me and discuss the 12 hour
Old 19 Jan 2016, 03:00 (Ref:3606086)   #1353
6.213km
Veteran

6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Use different bait, you might catch a clue.
Oh Mixer

A clue ? Oh no no, you see you argument about Supercars outlasting every other category is about the past, history, the way things were when the XD Falcon was new.

You see, the world actually moves on, suddenly manufacturers support a category that's relevant like GT3 , and V8Supercars has no relevance.

Over the next period of time GT3 will continue to flourish, Supercars will struggled. Look at the level of media GT3 and the Bathurst 12 hours is receiving... why ? Because there is ACTUALLY SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT !

Why ? Because there are actually new models being built. All pretty quiet in the supercars front.

So basically, the people with the clue here are those that see the writing on the wall. The good old days are over for Warbs and his mates.

GT3 or die. You can't try and be GT3 on a local level and not be GT3.

The Bathurst 12 hours is our greatest event. Because it has a massive future.
Clipsal 500 has a future once GT3 is the premier category.
Old 19 Jan 2016, 03:02 (Ref:3606087)   #1354
6.213km
Veteran

6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
You are somewhat confused about me.

Ive watched every 12 hour since the beginning and went in 2014. and i would go again if it was a week later.

I want to see the 12 hour get big, where as many of the posters on her want it to remain small, thus the source of much conflict , that and the constant sniping of v8s by people like yourself

Now stop talking about me and discuss the 12 hour
You misread my comment.

It is most wonderful the 12 hours has your support as your opinion is so highly regarded.

As I do not understand the word sarcasm please take my words on face value.
Old 19 Jan 2016, 03:03 (Ref:3606088)   #1355
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
You see, the world actually moves on, suddenly manufacturers support a category that's relevant like GT3 , and V8Supercars has no relevance.
Relevance of hypercars?

Don't make me laugh.

GT3 will never - NOT EVER be the primary category of racing in Australia.
Old 19 Jan 2016, 03:05 (Ref:3606090)   #1356
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:

The Bathurst 12 hours is our greatest event. Because it has a massive future.
Clipsal 500 has a future once GT3 is the premier category.
When its get bigger crowds and better TV than a wonens BBL game, then you should start talking it up.

Dont be a bonehead about it, lets get excited about the coming race
Old 19 Jan 2016, 03:11 (Ref:3606091)   #1357
6.213km
Veteran

Quote:
Relevance of hypercars?

Don't make me laugh.

GT3 will never - NOT EVER be the primary category of racing in Australia.
Oh I wouldn't expect to make you laugh at all.

The facts remain that we have an array of vehicles eligible for the Bathurst 12 hours from a variety of manufacturers that chose, to promote their brand by racing an exciting model they make.

Based on you're argument Nissan should be jumping at all opportunities to continue promoting the Nissan Altima beyond 2016. I mean come on Nissan come out and tell us how good Altima sales are. In fact just the other day I saw a young kid yell out, hey Dad, there's one of those Nissan Altimas, what a great looking car (kid didn't exist).

So Nissan can use GT3 to promote their brand. It's a cool looking piece of kit. Much more recognised than an Altima lets face it.

We have manufacturers show casing their top models. Hence the excitement of the Bathurst 12 hours.

What we dont have, is manufacturers now supporting supercars in any big way. 12 months out from Gen2 and we dont have anyone apart from Holden talking about guaranteed manufacturer support.

If you'd prefer to watch a re-badged opel commodore fill the first 26 spots then welcome to Clipsal 2017.

Ill give it a miss, ill be on the mountain at the 12 hours seeing what manufacturers are show casing and supporting - ie, GT3.
Old 19 Jan 2016, 03:12 (Ref:3606092)   #1358
6.213km
Veteran

Quote:
When its get bigger crowds and better TV than a wonens BBL game, then you should start talking it up.

Dont be a bonehead about it, lets get excited about the coming race
Once all the main game teams are involved. It shall.
We all know Australia is a small market.
Two big categories cannot exist side by side.

Bone head ? Lets not make it personal Peck - I thought you were bigger than that.
Old 19 Jan 2016, 03:28 (Ref:3606093)   #1359
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
The facts remain that we have an array of vehicles eligible for the Bathurst 12 hours from a variety of manufacturers that chose, to promote their brand by racing an exciting model they make.
How many of your brands have a budget for racing in Australia?

Quote:
Based on you're argument Nissan should be jumping at all opportunities to continue promoting the Nissan Altima beyond 2016. I mean come on Nissan come out and tell us how good Altima sales are. In fact just the other day I saw a young kid yell out, hey Dad, there's one of those Nissan Altimas, what a great looking car (kid didn't exist).
Not V8Supercars fault the Altima is nearly the ugliest piece of **** on the road.

Flat out, not enough money from the sales of GT3 vehicles to engender anything other than a gentleman racer supported racing series, augmented by token races from overseas teams.

This is the reality. The stuff we'd love to watch racing, doesn't have the marketing budget of the beigeodore, so as I said yesterday, a British style touring car is much more likely than GT3 for the main style of racing for that reason alone.
Old 19 Jan 2016, 03:31 (Ref:3606094)   #1360
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Meantime, back at the 12 hour...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Jan 2016, 03:38 (Ref:3606095)   #1361
6.213km
Veteran

Quote:
How many of your brands have a budget for racing in Australia?

Not V8Supercars fault the Altima is nearly the ugliest piece of **** on the road.

Flat out, not enough money from the sales of GT3 vehicles to engender anything other than a gentleman racer supported racing series, augmented by token races from overseas teams.

This is the reality. The stuff we'd love to watch racing, doesn't have the marketing budget of the beigeodore, so as I said yesterday, a British style touring car is much more likely than GT3 for the main style of racing for that reason alone.
Ah but you see as mentioned before re: reference to XD falcons that the world has moved on ....

You see we have customer supported programs in Australia for Audi, BMW, Ferrari, Mercedes, heck even Bentley Nissan and McLaren are doing the business in the 12 hours this year.

GT3 involves manufacturers from head office.

Customer programs allow those with a budget (or a sponsor) to go racing.

There is absolutely no reason why, every Supercar team couldn't align themselves with a different manufacturer and go racing.

The beauty of GT3 is you can align yourself with a manufacturer, not just Holden. Be supported from the factory and build your relationship that way.

Now, of course, whether each team became a full scale works team is left to be seen. But it sure beats Gen2 sports sedans. Throw a shell on a chassis - I mean you may as well make Marc Cars Australia the premier category and watch a Ford Focus or a Mazda 3 with a V8 in it, because that's relevant also ... to who ?? Not a manufacturer other than Marc Cars thats for sure.

Run a full scale Pro GT3 for the top 30 cars.
Run a Pro-Am Aus GT championship for everyone else.
Combine the lot at big events like the Bathurst 24 hour.... yes I said 24hr.
Old 19 Jan 2016, 03:46 (Ref:3606097)   #1362
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
I'd expect V8SC have no choice but to be behind it - I'm certain in the secret back offices of the organisation there's a white board covered in a sheet with the title, "What options do we have for survival" and probably one of the options close to the top is "Adopt full GT3 regulations".... Anyone got Tony Quinns number ?
Yes, the writing has been on the wall for some time but supercars have had their head in the sand, they should have adopted GT3 instead of going with Gen1.
Old 19 Jan 2016, 03:48 (Ref:3606098)   #1363
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
You see we have customer supported programs in Australia for Audi, BMW, Ferrari, Mercedes, heck even Bentley Nissan and McLaren are doing the business in the 12 hours this year. GT3 involves manufacturers from head office.
Customer supported means the customer pays... The only factory car in the 12hr is the Nissan.

GT3 involves INVOICES from head office.
Old 19 Jan 2016, 03:51 (Ref:3606099)   #1364
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
org/][
Old 19 Jan 2016, 03:58 (Ref:3606100)   #1365
Mixer
Veteran

Ford were gone regardless of what the sport did, and they don't have a GT3 car, so they won't be back regardless. They have always been fickle and wishy-washy going back decades.

Volvo seem to spit out a lot of conflicting PR, but if their latest guff is to believed they won't be in GT3 either.
Old 19 Jan 2016, 03:59 (Ref:3606101)   #1366
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Meantime, back at the 12 hour...
Who are we still waiting on for driver annoucements?

Pheonix, Erebus?
Old 19 Jan 2016, 04:06 (Ref:3606102)   #1367
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Ford were gone regardless of what the sport did, and they don't have a GT3 car, so they won't be back regardless.
Yet they are re entering the sport in USA and Europe. Oh and they are entering GT class.

How hard is it again to produce a GT3 version - you know like Ferrari, Porsche, Aston Martin, Chev and Dodge did?
Old 19 Jan 2016, 04:16 (Ref:3606103)   #1368
TCR
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
TCR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon there's a fair chance there'll be a GT3 version of the Ford GT.

https://www.carwow.co.uk/blog/2016-Ford-GT-GT3-imagined
Old 19 Jan 2016, 04:17 (Ref:3606104)   #1369
Rookie

1961 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post

Pheonix, Erebus?
Erebus announcement must be close.

Jack Le Brocq has just tweeted he is not racing in the 12 hour this year...
Old 19 Jan 2016, 04:18 (Ref:3606105)   #1370
TCR
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
TCR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post

Pheonix, Erebus?
Yep.

Alex Davison in the Phoenix car, the other two TBA.

David Reynolds in one of the Erebus cars, the rest TBA.
Old 19 Jan 2016, 04:18 (Ref:3606106)   #1371
6.213km
Veteran

Quote:
Customer supported means the customer pays... The only factory car in the 12hr is the Nissan.

GT3 involves INVOICES from head office.
My apologies Mixer - I was unaware that any of the V8 teams paid for stuff. I just assumed the manufacturer they were involved with paid the lot.

You mean to say , thats why the cars have sponsors on them... oh I get it now.
Old 19 Jan 2016, 04:20 (Ref:3606107)   #1372
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCR View Post
I reckon there's a fair chance there'll be a GT3 version of the Ford GT.
Not likely, the car has far too short a run.

Quote:
My apologies Mixer - I was unaware that any of the V8 teams paid for stuff. I just assumed the manufacturer they were involved with paid the lot.
Don't revise your stretched version of the truth because someone called you on it.
Old 19 Jan 2016, 04:26 (Ref:3606108)   #1373
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1961 View Post
Erebus announcement must be close.

Jack Le Brocq has just tweeted he is not racing in the 12 hour this year...
That's a surprise to me.
Should i even bother to mention the word "Internationals" ?
Old 19 Jan 2016, 04:31 (Ref:3606109)   #1374
6.213km
Veteran

Quote:
Not likely, the car has far too short a run.

Don't revise your stretched version of the truth because someone called you on it.
You haven't exactly explained how a customer program that offers support is any different to say what HRT gets from Holden. At least with GT3 the manufacturer built the thing in most cases, and can help out with technical stuff. Holden dont build a super car, the teams do so its not like Holden does much more than offer some branding some sponsorship and some, oh I was going to say body panels but not even those are standard these days....

I tell you what though, there's more chance of seeing a Ford GT GT3 at Bathurst than a Ford supported Gen2 supercar thats for sure. But then, we don't actually wish to accept that the world is round, or that Bathurst isn't just about the 1000.

The 12 Hours is by far our greatest event. I for one cannot wait to be standing on pit straight to watch the start. It is by far the best site in Australian Motor Racing.

Unfortunate Lowndes isn't there, but last year proved that this race is bigger than a v8 driver or two.

It's captured the hearts and imagination of many people around the world. And as V8Sleuth is quoted as saying on facebook this morning, buying into this race and taking an interest in GT3 gives those at Warbs N Co options.
Old 19 Jan 2016, 04:33 (Ref:3606110)   #1375
6.213km
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
That's a surprise to me.
Should i even bother to mention the word "Internationals" ?
We can only hope !