Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 27 Nov 2019, 14:30 (Ref:3943195)   #1351
Div
Rookie

Div should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
So the BMR connection is they park the stuff in Warrens shed between races?

Maybe if nowt needs doing to the car - I think the shed is lacking stuff to repair/ service after the Moffats visit the other month.
Nope, the BMR guys are all still employed and will be building the cars in Buntingford
Old 27 Nov 2019, 15:06 (Ref:3943202)   #1352
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
Nope, the BMR guys are all still employed and will be building the cars in Buntingford
That's interesting considering what sort of facility we've learned today that The Moffat's have in Scotland...
Old 27 Nov 2019, 15:35 (Ref:3943209)   #1353
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So does this mean LTR/BMR is a dual-HQ race team?

I had seen it as a Livingston-based team with a Hertfordshire outpost....
Old 27 Nov 2019, 16:08 (Ref:3943214)   #1354
Mick B
Rookie

Mick B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMR accounts overdue at Companies House . Not a good sign ?
Old 27 Nov 2019, 16:38 (Ref:3943217)   #1355
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick B View Post
BMR accounts overdue at Companies House . Not a good sign ?
They’ve been late every year, so no surprise and not a show stopper, they’ll maybe get fined, bad practice yes but don’t read too much into it.
Old 27 Nov 2019, 16:44 (Ref:3943218)   #1356
mprmke
Racer

mprmke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Laser Tools Racing only switched to the Infiniti because they knew Sutton would be here next season. The second half of last season with Moffat in the Infiniti was a bit of a dry run/test/head start for Moffat and the team. I would even go as far as to say that Sutton had agreed to join Laser Tools Racing as far back as Winter 2018 as it would have been known that BMR weren't returning with the Subaru in 2020. That last bit is just my thoughts on when this plan was first made out, but you can be certain Sutton was definitely part of the plan before they made the switch to Infiniti and before he tested the car himself.
Old 27 Nov 2019, 16:45 (Ref:3943220)   #1357
mprmke
Racer

mprmke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

I had seen it as a Livingston-based team with a Hertfordshire outpost....
This is correct. The BMR name will soon be disappearing for good.....

Laser Tools Racing's facility is World Class, but logistically, having a base in the South of England makes sense for the team if they're wanting to step up to the Premier League in BTCC terms.
Old 27 Nov 2019, 16:56 (Ref:3943221)   #1358
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
They’ve been late every year, so no surprise and not a show stopper, they’ll maybe get fined, bad practice yes but don’t read too much into it.
First Gazette notice for compulsory strike-off will be posted 03 Dec 2019.

That might focus the minds at Buttermilk Hall Farm.
Old 27 Nov 2019, 17:09 (Ref:3943222)   #1359
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
First Gazette notice for compulsory strike-off will be posted 03 Dec 2019.

That might focus the minds at Buttermilk Hall Farm.
I think their used to this by now.

02 Oct 2018 First Gazette notice for compulsory strike-off
22 May 2018 First Gazette notice for compulsory strike-off

Old 27 Nov 2019, 17:17 (Ref:3943224)   #1360
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Next year's looking interesting already, Sutton going to Infiniti (and beyond), Hyundai coming in (Please ExcelR8, find a driver with experience if you can, no offence to Smith and Osborne). What next?
Old 27 Nov 2019, 17:38 (Ref:3943229)   #1361
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
What happened to the HARD announcement from last week. Is Carl Boardley back off holiday yet?
Old 27 Nov 2019, 17:40 (Ref:3943230)   #1362
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
What happened to the HARD announcement from last week. Is Carl Boardley back off holiday yet?
The twist was on holiday
Old 27 Nov 2019, 18:20 (Ref:3943235)   #1363
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nononsensecapeesh View Post
Next year's looking interesting already, Sutton going to Infiniti (and beyond), Hyundai coming in (Please ExcelR8, find a driver with experience if you can, no offence to Smith and Osborne). What next?
Well they've got the experience now as has the team. That was the whole point of last season.
Old 27 Nov 2019, 19:22 (Ref:3943249)   #1364
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno.UK View Post
Well they've got the experience now as has the team. That was the whole point of last season.
Smith I think will almost definitely be back, but alongside someone who’s more experienced, if they can get a deal together. If not Osborne might still be in with a shout.
Old 27 Nov 2019, 20:49 (Ref:3943263)   #1365
JDMROB
Racer

JDMROB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
Smith I think will almost definitely be back, but alongside someone who’s more experienced, if they can get a deal together. If not Osborne might still be in with a shout.
One would assume their aspirations with the new car are more than just driving round at the back, so hope we will see someone half decent alongside Rob Smith. The team are no mugs, they're a well sorted outfit. Think they could pull it out the bag in the off season.

Last edited by JDMROB; 27 Nov 2019 at 21:05.
Old 27 Nov 2019, 21:04 (Ref:3943265)   #1366
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
'While it is not confirmed who will be behind the wheel when the season starts up again, it is likely to be Excelr8's two current drivers, Sam Osborne and Rob Smith'

https://drivetribe.com/p/hyundai-to-...S4OuPbH9yUK0Mg
Old 27 Nov 2019, 21:04 (Ref:3943266)   #1367
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
https://twitter.com/mattsimpson303/s...781162499?s=21

Seems to suggest Simpson will be back for 2020.
Old 27 Nov 2019, 21:14 (Ref:3943267)   #1368
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno.UK View Post
I know.

https://drivetribe.com/p/hyundai-to-...S4OuPbH9yUK0Mg

It's a bit harsh to describe finishing 10th in the Independent Teams rankings as "quite average", considering the inexperience of the drivers, age of the cars and it was their first season.

Last edited by Nononsensecapeesh; 27 Nov 2019 at 21:19.
Old 27 Nov 2019, 22:00 (Ref:3943274)   #1369
Northern Monkey
Racer

Northern Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
https://twitter.com/mattsimpson303/s...781162499?s=21

Seems to suggest Simpson will be back for 2020.
Ah but is that Simpson the team or Simpson the driver....
Old 27 Nov 2019, 22:25 (Ref:3943280)   #1370
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
Ah but is that Simpson the team or Simpson the driver....
Yeah, I had the same thought. Boardley? Hot rod connection?
Old 27 Nov 2019, 23:34 (Ref:3943288)   #1371
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think Exceler8 can do better with a season under their belt and a complete new car is a worthy gamble
Old 28 Nov 2019, 07:57 (Ref:3943327)   #1372
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think Exceler8 can do better with a season under their belt and a complete new car is a worthy gamble
Agreed.
Old 28 Nov 2019, 09:49 (Ref:3943342)   #1373
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mprmke View Post
This is correct. The BMR name will soon be disappearing for good.....

Laser Tools Racing's facility is World Class, but logistically, having a base in the South of England makes sense for the team if they're wanting to step up to the Premier League in BTCC terms.
The logical set up to me is that off season cars are at Laser, then during the season any usual strip and re-prep for each round is done at BMR. This would give them more time to work on the cars between rounds. Any more major work, mods to the car, etc and they can be shipped back up to Laser.
Old 28 Nov 2019, 09:56 (Ref:3943347)   #1374
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
The logical set up to me is that off season cars are at Laser, then during the season any usual strip and re-prep for each round is done at BMR. This would give them more time to work on the cars between rounds. Any more major work, mods to the car, etc and they can be shipped back up to Laser.
What about the cost of staff accommodation away from home for weeks. I am ot an expert but an 8 hour drive back to base is no big deal
Old 28 Nov 2019, 10:24 (Ref:3943353)   #1375
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Maybe they're keeping some of the BMR lads on at the farm and only doing builds or big repairs up in Scotland?