Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 16 Jan 2022, 10:36 (Ref:4093975)   #1351
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Not sure there is too much to take of Flash's picture. Could just be he loves coffee and not any sponsor deal
It's definitely a coffee sponsorship deal.
What we can say definitively is that Shedden isn't going to WSR, as they have a rival coffee sponsor.
Old 16 Jan 2022, 11:36 (Ref:4093984)   #1352
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Latest summary of recent developments.

HARD. have tweeted 2x silhouetted drivers - so looks like a 4-car entry is confirmed again.
Collard has talked about the potential of a driver for Laser Tools - but still a bit off from a committed driver.

So it seems like those two berths are where Boardley's TBLs may be used - which is interesting in the context of unrest being reported between Boardley and Laser/HARD. previously.

As always - these are just the confirmed entries, or where an indication of potential drive has come from an official source. There are more deals already signed behind the scenes, and plenty more rumours to be found to keep Barry happy.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Entry List.png  
Old 16 Jan 2022, 11:48 (Ref:4093987)   #1353
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

So it seems like those two berths are where Boardley's TBLs may be used - which is interesting in the context of unrest being reported between Boardley and Laser/HARD. previously.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lqdErI9uss
Old 16 Jan 2022, 12:25 (Ref:4093988)   #1354
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Here's a dilemma for the forum.

Many here think that anything Storey tweets can be dismissed as BS. So does this confirm that Crees won't be in the BTCC for 2022?

https://twitter.com/richenergyceo/st...lThIEKCzA&s=19
Old 16 Jan 2022, 12:47 (Ref:4093989)   #1355
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Here's a dilemma for the forum.

Many here think that anything Storey tweets can be dismissed as BS. So does this confirm that Crees won't be in the BTCC for 2022?

https://twitter.com/richenergyceo/st...lThIEKCzA&s=19
Rich energy sponsor Power Maxed, so does this mean he might be going there?
Old 16 Jan 2022, 12:55 (Ref:4093990)   #1356
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
Rich energy sponsor Power Maxed, so does this mean he might be going there?
They sponsored him at BTC. I don't think that it can be seen as linked to any team in particular.
Old 16 Jan 2022, 13:22 (Ref:4093992)   #1357
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
Why not the Fan Vote Grid like TCR BeNeLux?

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2016...grid-for-2017/
According to the Fantasy BTCC fan league, this would be the grid last season:

1. Ash Sutton (82)
2. Tom Ingram (78)
3. Jason Plato (63)
4. Colin Turkington (38)
5. Gordon Shedden (30)
6. Jack Goff (24)
7. Jake Hill (22)
8. Adam Morgan (20)
9. Aiden Moffat (17)
10. Josh Cook (16)
11. Rory Butcher (15)
12. Dan Rowbottom (13)
13. Jade Edwards (11)
14. Nic Hamilton (9)
15. Tom Chilton (7)
16. Rick Parfitt (7)
17. Ollie Jackson (5)
18. Sam Smelt (4)
19. Stephen Jelley (4)
20. Carl Boardley (3)
21. Tom Oliphant (2)
22. Senna Proctor (2)
23. Chris Smiley (2)
24. Aron Taylor-Smith (1)
25. Dan Lloyd (1)

Jack Mitchell, Sam Osborne, Jack Butel, Andy Neate (0)

Not the biggest sample size, obviously, but probably the best we have.

There were also some votes for non-regular drivers in 2021:
Michael Crees (17)
Andrew Jordan (8)
Rob Austin (6)
Matt Neal (5)
Dan Cammish (4)
Jess Hawkins (3)
Mat Jackson (1)
Tom Onslow-Cole (1)
Old 16 Jan 2022, 15:15 (Ref:4093999)   #1358
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That’s very interesting, but still not what the series needs. And anyway it doesn’t make that much difference to the usual grids, Ash is still on top. Let’s keep the qualifying and race format how it is, with maybe the occasional separate session for R3. Although I do feel sorry for those who didn’t get a vote. But this idea shouldn’t have been brought it to be frank!

As for drivers, not sure Crees will be back, despite the noises. Would be great to have AJ back, but it needs to be the right circumstances for him. At least we got to see him in the Toyota hybrid. And quite frankly 2021 was a great season regardless of who was there and who wasn’t, although some were missed and some did add to the series being there. Let’s hope for more of the same whatever happens this season
Old 16 Jan 2022, 15:52 (Ref:4094005)   #1359
BTCC frog
Veteran

I wasn't suggesting it was a good idea; if fan-voted grids were introduced I would stop watching the BTCC.
Old 16 Jan 2022, 16:12 (Ref:4094009)   #1360
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
The PG Tags sponsorship proposal fell though?
Wow, that was a long time ago...
Old 16 Jan 2022, 16:50 (Ref:4094010)   #1361
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=S griffin;4093999
As for drivers, not sure Crees will be back, despite the noises. Would be great to have AJ back, but it needs to be the right circumstances for him. At least we got to see him in the Toyota hybrid. And quite frankly 2021 was a great season regardless of who was there and who wasn’t, although some were missed and some did add to the series being there. Let’s hope for more of the same whatever happens this season[/QUOTE]

https://youtu.be/d-WuvsEvMMI
Old 17 Jan 2022, 10:46 (Ref:4094116)   #1362
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://twitter.com/catacleanuk/stat...120890376?s=21

Shedden at Dynamics for 2022?
Old 17 Jan 2022, 12:17 (Ref:4094125)   #1363
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMO Shedden can be considered confirmed

13 drivers confirmed and 19 still unknown

Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - Gordon Shedden
Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - Dan Rowbotten

Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - ????

Honda Civic - BTC Racing - Josh Cook ???
Honda Civic - BTC Racing - Jade Edwards ??
Honda Civic - BTC Racing - Michael Crees ??
Honda Civic - BTC Racing - Senna Proctor ??

BMW 330 - WSR - Colin Turkington ?
BMW 330 - WSR - Sthephen Jelley ??
BMW 330 - WSR (Rokit) - Jake Hill

BMW 330 - Ciceley - Adam Morgan

BMW 330 - Ciceley - ????

Hyundai I30 - EXCELR8 Motorsport - Tom Ingram
Hyundai I30 - EXCELR8 Motorsport - ????
Hyundai I30 - EXCELR8 Motorsport - ????
Hyundai I30 - EXCELR8 Motorsport - Jack Butel ?

Ford Focus - Motorbase (NAPA) - Dan Cammish
Ford Focus - Motorbase (NAPA) - Ash Sutton
Ford Focus - Motorbase - Sam Osborne
Ford Focus - Motorbase - Ollie Jackson

Toyota Corolla - Speedworks - Rory Butcher ????
Toyota Corolla - Speedworks - ????
Toyota Corolla - Speedworks - ????

Cupra Leon - HARD - Jack Goff
Cupra Leon - HARD - Aron Taylor Smith

Cupra Leon - HARD - ?????
Cupra Leon - HARD - ?????

Infiniti Q50 - Aiden Moffat Racing - Aiden Moffat
Infiniti Q50 - Aiden Moffat Racing - Dexter Patterson

Infiniti Q50 - Aiden Moffat Racing - Ricky Collard ???

Vauxhall Astra ? - PMR - ????
Vauxhall Astra ? - PMR - ????
Old 17 Jan 2022, 13:12 (Ref:4094126)   #1364
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I wouldn't be surprised to see Flash back at Dynamics, where else would he go?

Like what I've seen so far driver wise, hope more great driver moves come along

It'll be interesting to see who gets the third Dynamics seat, if only they could get AJ to take that seat. Even if the car ain't great, they know they've got three proven winners in the seat doing their best

Be interesting to see who gets the BTC seat. Maybe having four seats is a bit much and they could afford to cut back a bit, but then they need the funding. Will Josh Cook move on for example? Is Crees really coming back? And can Proctor come back? I'm sure anyone will be willing to go there, but there are a lot of question marks at this stage

We'll wait and see who gets the two BMW seats. No gurantee Colin's gonna take it. But with Jake Hill in the MB Motorsport car anything's possible. Wouldn't be surprised to see Jelley back

No surprise either Morgan is staying with Cicely, but who can be his team mate is anybody's guess

Obviously Excelr8 have big ambitions. Nice move for both parties to sign Tingram for another season, but there is still a long way to go. Can they fill all the seats in the team? And will Butel be back?

Good choice of drivers at Ford. Be interesting to see how Dan Cam gets on there. Sutton will also have to learn how to handle the Ford. We'll see how quickly he can get up to speed there against drivers who have those experiences. Osborne had a difficult year last year, but he has enough talent that he should do better this year after a year learning the car last year. Ollie Jackson has still got it, but he might be overshadowed by others this year, but will still be up there enough times

With Toyota, I expect Smelt to stay and I can see Butcher going on to pastures new. Will probably be a bit adventurous with the other drivers

Good choice of drivers too at HARD, although a bit ambitious with 4 cars. Goff is fast, if a bit erratic at times, while Taylor-Smith you can always count on to entertain.

Good decision to keep Moffat in the Infiniti, they need that continuity. Patterson is probably good enough, but might take time to adapt to the BTCC. Depends how well the car can go. Will they run the third car for Collard or will they find someone else

PMR will probably keep the Vauxhalls, although the Astra could be replaced as it hasn't been great lately. I expect them to keep the same lineup as last year, they both proved good enough
Old 17 Jan 2022, 13:17 (Ref:4094128)   #1365
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
there are a lot of question marks at this stage
True - I make it 64 of them.

Old 17 Jan 2022, 18:28 (Ref:4094159)   #1366
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PMR on Instagram now teasing news about driver announcements.

Jac Constable to be one of them?
Old 17 Jan 2022, 21:16 (Ref:4094176)   #1367
Bump Pass
Rookie

Philippine
Starcross
Bump Pass is a back marker
Plato won't be one of them at PMR I'd of thought
Old 17 Jan 2022, 21:37 (Ref:4094178)   #1368
InYourMirrors45
Racer

InYourMirrors45 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don’t expect any headline news from PMR.
Old 18 Jan 2022, 09:20 (Ref:4094222)   #1369
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going to say Constable and Thompson at PMR. Unless Bobby couldn't get a deal done hence his comments about wanting to go down the GT route.
Old 18 Jan 2022, 09:53 (Ref:4094229)   #1370
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
I'm going to say Constable and Thompson at PMR. Unless Bobby couldn't get a deal done hence his comments about wanting to go down the GT route.

Bobby said during the 24h Dubai, that he doesn´t have interest in the BTCC anymore and GT is his future.
Old 18 Jan 2022, 10:32 (Ref:4094234)   #1371
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Constable & Crees would be my guess!
Old 18 Jan 2022, 11:01 (Ref:4094244)   #1372
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
Bobby said during the 24h Dubai, that he doesn´t have interest in the BTCC anymore and GT is his future.
He's been talking to at least one BTCC team for this year so like I said, presumably he couldn't get a deal done.
Old 18 Jan 2022, 12:19 (Ref:4094257)   #1373
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I'm going to say Constable and Thompson at PMR.
Constable and Bobby in the same team? That would be an arresting line-up.
Old 18 Jan 2022, 12:28 (Ref:4094258)   #1374
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
He's been talking to at least one BTCC team for this year so like I said, presumably he couldn't get a deal done.
I think it is all linked to where GKR Scaffolding money has been allocated.

They backed him in 2020, and he came close to clinching the JS, which gave them good exposure for a car towards the rear of the field. Having to sit out the end of the season, and then struggling to get a package together for 2021, has seen GKR's exposure switch to Ingram.

Did GKR see a better return from backing Ingram, and so have less available for Thompson?
Old 18 Jan 2022, 13:27 (Ref:4094271)   #1375
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
I think it is all linked to where GKR Scaffolding money has been allocated.

They backed him in 2020, and he came close to clinching the JS, which gave them good exposure for a car towards the rear of the field. Having to sit out the end of the season, and then struggling to get a package together for 2021, has seen GKR's exposure switch to Ingram.

Did GKR see a better return from backing Ingram, and so have less available for Thompson?
GKR sponsored HARD and Laser last year as well as Excelr8 so you'd imagine the budget was there for the right people.