Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 31 Jan 2024, 11:34 (Ref:4194374)   #1376
Protonman
Rookie

Protonman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
It can be the opposite, however Butcher made his mind up about a course of action and took it to the team, and they came a mutual agreement that he would and could leave the team. We don't know what the contract was between the two parties; it could have well been that the team had an option on his services for this year, which then makes it possible that it genuinely was a mutual decision.
Thanks that how I saw it . The agreement appears amicable and suits both sides without dreadful inconvenience to either . It certainly wasn’t taken due to the fact the team is about to disappear like others are .
Old 31 Jan 2024, 12:07 (Ref:4194376)   #1377
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SV8Predator View Post
Which again, is speculation, as you have no knowledge whatsoever of "who has the money".

I think anybody who reads Autosport over the years would form that opinion However if you have better info then fair enough
Old 31 Jan 2024, 18:23 (Ref:4194420)   #1378
Daverb
Rookie

Daverb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
I think anybody who reads Autosport over the years would form that opinion However if you have better info then fair enough
A driver could have no money but gets the sponsorship required. So seems a strange comment to me.
Old 31 Jan 2024, 19:03 (Ref:4194433)   #1379
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Relief is at hand: driver announcement in 1 hour!
Old 31 Jan 2024, 19:04 (Ref:4194434)   #1380
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Relief is at hand: driver announcement in 1 hour!

About time we had another one
Old 31 Jan 2024, 20:02 (Ref:4194442)   #1381
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Josh Cook moves to Speedworks!

https://www.autosport.com/btcc/news/...btcc/10571000/

“The Corolla GR Sport that Cook will race will be one of two entered under the banner of LKQ Euro Car Parts with Synetiq, with the remaining pair to be fielded under Toyota Gazoo Racing UK nomenclature.”

Livery also shown in the Autosport article (similar to One Motorsport’s) - not the greatest of team names but nothing new there!

Sponsors also going with him from One, which obviously doesn’t help their situation.

Last edited by Evantra; 31 Jan 2024 at 20:15.
Old 31 Jan 2024, 20:02 (Ref:4194443)   #1382
MarcusH26
Racer

MarcusH26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.autosport.com/btcc/news/cook-switches-teams-to-race-speedworks-toyota-in-btcc/10571000/

Josh Cook to Speedworks
Old 31 Jan 2024, 20:03 (Ref:4194444)   #1383
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Four of which don’t have the money

So Huff Shedden Thompson and Watson don’t have money..
Old 31 Jan 2024, 20:06 (Ref:4194446)   #1384
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
So Huff Shedden Thompson and Watson don’t have money..
Well, it will certainly seem strange watching the ITV promotional videos about BTCC drivers, with one of them not having the budget to be on the grid
Old 31 Jan 2024, 20:24 (Ref:4194452)   #1385
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Great news to have Cook back, and presumably Moffat in the second seat.

If my maths isn’t off, and everyone being discussed finds a seat… There has to be a new team, or another satellite operation, somewhere in the mix that we don’t know about yet.

Also, the LKQ livery is one of my personal favourites, should look great on the Toyotas!
Old 31 Jan 2024, 21:22 (Ref:4194462)   #1386
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great news indeed, was kind of worried about Cook not being on the grid. Be interesting to see how he fares in the Toyota. When I first saw the announcement on social media, at a first glance I thought it's One Motorsport's Honda!

Ok, will try to make some 2+2=5. If Speedworks is indeed all new squad, we can have Cook, Moffat and who else, Watson, Thompson, Huff? Two of those? At WSR Collard in place of Jelley. Then what about Gamble and Car Gods' presumed increased involvement? One Motorsport with two Car Gods-sponsored Hondas? Kind of uncertain about them at all. If neither Gamble nor Collard are at Speedworks it seems like one of them must lose their drive but none of them seems likely to tbh... Will be interesting to see how it all works out!
Old 31 Jan 2024, 21:35 (Ref:4194465)   #1387
MarcusH26
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Great news indeed, was kind of worried about Cook not being on the grid. Be interesting to see how he fares in the Toyota. When I first saw the announcement on social media, at a first glance I thought it's One Motorsport's Honda!

Ok, will try to make some 2+2=5. If Speedworks is indeed all new squad, we can have Cook, Moffat and who else, Watson, Thompson, Huff? Two of those? At WSR Collard in place of Jelley. Then what about Gamble and Car Gods' presumed increased involvement? One Motorsport with two Car Gods-sponsored Hondas? Kind of uncertain about them at all. If neither Gamble nor Collard are at Speedworks it seems like one of them must lose their drive but none of them seems likely to tbh... Will be interesting to see how it all works out!
Putting it together off various rumours it seems to be Huff and Watson as the 2 Gazoo Racing cars , Collard to WSR and then Gamble taking Car Gods somewhere as a title sponsor. I have some doubts about One and the Civics but it's the only thing that makes sense in terms of what's left - unless there's a satellite team deal being done in the background with the 2 TBLs from Moffat?
Old 31 Jan 2024, 21:36 (Ref:4194466)   #1388
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Great to have Cookie not only continue in the series, but move to a top team like Speedworks. I can see him going even better this year, maybe even a title challenge
Old 31 Jan 2024, 23:03 (Ref:4194479)   #1389
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusH26 View Post
Putting it together off various rumours it seems to be Huff and Watson as the 2 Gazoo Racing cars , Collard to WSR and then Gamble taking Car Gods somewhere as a title sponsor. I have some doubts about One and the Civics but it's the only thing that makes sense in terms of what's left - unless there's a satellite team deal being done in the background with the 2 TBLs from Moffat?

2 extra Hyundais built by Excler8 and run by One under the Car Gods banner ??
Old 31 Jan 2024, 23:06 (Ref:4194480)   #1390
MarcusH26
Racer

Quote:
This was my main thinking was that Excler8 only ever ruled out running 6 cars themselves directly not that there wasn't the possibility for a pair of i30s to be on the grid in someone else's hands.

Gamble and Thompson would be a nice pairing there if feasible.

Just think the FK8 Civics are too old now to be worth anyone running that wants to be competitive.
Old 31 Jan 2024, 23:30 (Ref:4194481)   #1391
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a strange time to reveal though, 8pm on a Weds night, what's that all about?

Has the new media folk done some research and found that the ideal time to post for maximum engagement is that time with BTCC fans? Has someone told Autosport (because it comes out in the morning) and they've forgotten and just realised to save face??!!

Very pleasant surprise to have some actual news, and for it to be a big story instead of an obvious retention dressed up as a huge thing!
Old 31 Jan 2024, 23:39 (Ref:4194483)   #1392
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This trend of announcing at a specific time seemed to start around 2013/14 when the Menu return with BMR and then Giovanardi with Motorbase were both hyped up with (IIRC) Tin Top Tuesday annoucements at 8pm. BMR then repeated this when they got Jason Plato & Colin Turkington for the following season. After that every Tony, Chris and Dave were doing it regularly.
Old 1 Feb 2024, 06:19 (Ref:4194513)   #1393
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daverb View Post
A driver could have no money but gets the sponsorship required. So seems a strange comment to me.
When I say no money - personal or sponsorship - it’s what makes drives happen.
Old 1 Feb 2024, 06:59 (Ref:4194515)   #1394
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
When I say no money - personal or sponsorship - it’s what makes drives happen.
If I understand your posts, you are saying that Huff, Shedden, Thompson and Watson all have no personal sponsors?
Old 1 Feb 2024, 08:42 (Ref:4194521)   #1395
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I had though that was possible, to add to that Tingrams Hyundai was at ASI untouched, so how about 2 new builds to Excelr8 & the older cars being ‘sold on’.
Old 1 Feb 2024, 09:12 (Ref:4194523)   #1396
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just posted the link because I thought they’d revealed it this morning. Ignore me.

Last edited by Robin Marriott; 1 Feb 2024 at 09:13. Reason: Already posted
Old 1 Feb 2024, 09:30 (Ref:4194525)   #1397
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
I had though that was possible, to add to that Tingrams Hyundai was at ASI untouched, so how about 2 new builds to Excelr8 & the older cars being ‘sold on’.
There are 5 chassis in existence at the moment. Would only need to build one to release a pair.
Old 1 Feb 2024, 09:52 (Ref:4194529)   #1398
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
If I understand your posts, you are saying that Huff, Shedden, Thompson and Watson all have no personal sponsors?
No where near enough to fund a drive - maybe a support ride like NAPA or BMW although I hear they charge the most! Also I wouldn't include Watson who clearly covered his PMR ride. Time will tell...
Old 1 Feb 2024, 10:29 (Ref:4194536)   #1399
Spanner monkey
Racer

England
Norwich
Spanner monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With Exceler8 moving to the Dynamics workshop's and maybe running 5 cars could Shedden go there???
Old 1 Feb 2024, 11:13 (Ref:4194545)   #1400
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanner monkey View Post
With Exceler8 moving to the Dynamics workshop's and maybe running 5 cars could Shedden go there???
I seem to recall Excelr8 didn’t want to run more than 4 cars, but would happily supply cars to another team.