Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 Dec 2014, 07:06 (Ref:3481724)   #1376
Hingo
Racer

Australia
Canberra
Hingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess if a guy who won Le Mans outright isn't good enough, nothing is. David Brabham must be one of the the most unappreciated Australian drivers ever.

Schneider is an incredible driver. I'd like to see McNish and Kristensen but that could be wishful thinking.
Old 4 Dec 2014, 07:17 (Ref:3481726)   #1377
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Do you attend the October v8 race?

In regards to the tv, I call someone in a v8 thread mentioning something along the lines of "there is nothing like being there"
absolutely there is nothing like being there, But im looking for some more names and see how many cars drop out before i decide.

Plus the money is save by not going means i can watch all those names on track all over the world multiple times during the year
Old 4 Dec 2014, 07:30 (Ref:3481727)   #1378
nafe!
Racer

nafe! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please don't feed the troll guys. Just pretend he isn't there

Its great to see a class A Porsche with Patrick long at the helm. Im not a huge Porsche fan myself but its brand that I associate with sports cars and they certainly havnt been represented in GT3 the way they used to be in other categories.
Old 4 Dec 2014, 07:37 (Ref:3481730)   #1379
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafe! View Post

Its great to see a class A Porsche with Patrick long at the helm. Im not a huge Porsche fan myself but its brand that I associate with sports cars and they certainly havnt been represented in GT3 the way they used to be in other categories.
I've just let it go as his lack of acknowledgement of the quality of drivers already mentioned a few posts back just tells you that he just simply has no idea about GT racing. Great to see a competitive GT3-R as we haven't seen many over the years and it should be at the pointy end.
Old 4 Dec 2014, 08:08 (Ref:3481738)   #1380
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafe! View Post

Couldn't agree more. Shame Haribo never made it down here . Hopefully we see more gun drivers down here like Oliver Gavin, I'm sure his 3rd place in 1000 made him even more determined to return. Prolly depends on if GM give him the okay especially if there's no Corvettes/Camaro in the race.

It's a shame that some peoples blinkers stop them from seeing driving talent in tin tops outside of V8 Supercars. It's their loss....
Old 4 Dec 2014, 08:30 (Ref:3481746)   #1381
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hingo View Post
I guess if a guy who won Le Mans outright isn't good enough, nothing is. David Brabham must be one of the the most unappreciated Australian drivers ever.

Schneider is an incredible driver. I'd like to see McNish and Kristensen but that could be wishful thinking.
Two Le Mans winners actually .......Guy Smith in one of the Bentley's!
Old 5 Dec 2014, 00:32 (Ref:3482023)   #1382
6.213km
Veteran

6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The field for 2015 will be the best ever.

The positive announcements each week from B12Hr have been great - always something to talk about.

So good to see our Mountain getting the recognition it deserves.

A shame not to see United Autosports on the entry. The very nature of the location of Australia, its distance from Europe, and the $$ involved in an up and down economy may well mean we loose a few, and this is to be expected.

But, there seems to be more announcements about teams coming, then those not.

The B12HR 2015 will be the best ever.

If you're there you will witness the best start to a motor race in the southern hemisphere.

You will witness a race that keeps throwing up so many variables with drivers, weather, different class cars, different engines, different strategies that you will go away addicted to it.

I personally cant wait - the whole pro-am thing is the best part of it - it means during the day you have to run an unseeded driver at some point - and the team that manages that the best will ultimately go a long way to winning this now prestigious event.

The event has come a long way since we were watching factory supported production car Mazda RX7's , Peugeot 405Mi16's, Citroen BX16's, and even Saab 9000CS .... the event has a great history with many famed drivers having driven in it ... but what we have now is beyond what I ever thought it could be - its Australia's greatest motor race. I personally cannot wait to be there.

The race is sustainable - that's the best part . The support categories ensure that is the case. It is a great model - it means the event does not rely on spectator numbers. If you love motorsport come along - this race is not about trying to out do October - but in my opinion, in many ways it already has.
Old 5 Dec 2014, 03:05 (Ref:3482051)   #1383
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.213km View Post
I personally cant wait - the whole pro-am thing is the best part of it - it means during the day you have to run an unseeded driver at some point - and the team that manages that the best will ultimately go a long way to winning this now prestigious event.
First of all, great post. Second of all, I completely agree, I can't wait either. I watched for the first time last year and am hooked. The streaming services were amazing and the race is held at a semi-reasonable time in the US. That one race changed my mind... the first race I want to see at Bathurst is the 12 hour.
Old 5 Dec 2014, 03:55 (Ref:3482063)   #1384
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.213km View Post
The field for 2015 will be the best ever.

The positive announcements each week from B12Hr have been great - always something to talk about.

So good to see our Mountain getting the recognition it deserves.

A shame not to see United Autosports on the entry. The very nature of the location of Australia, its distance from Europe, and the $$ involved in an up and down economy may well mean we loose a few, and this is to be expected.

But, there seems to be more announcements about teams coming, then those not.

The B12HR 2015 will be the best ever.

If you're there you will witness the best start to a motor race in the southern hemisphere.

You will witness a race that keeps throwing up so many variables with drivers, weather, different class cars, different engines, different strategies that you will go away addicted to it.

The event has come a long way since we were watching factory supported production car Mazda RX7's , Peugeot 405Mi16's, Citroen BX16's, and even Saab 9000CS .... the event has a great history with many famed drivers having driven in it ... but what we have now is beyond what I ever thought it could be - its Australia's greatest motor race. I personally cannot wait to be there.

The race is sustainable - that's the best part . The support categories ensure that is the case. It is a great model - it means the event does not rely on spectator numbers. If you love motorsport come along - this race is not about trying to out do October - but in my opinion, in many ways it already has.
James, Craillsy is that you ?
Old 6 Dec 2014, 23:05 (Ref:3482630)   #1385
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Can anyone confirm that HTP already had their Merc in the container and on its way before the shift to Bentley announcement ?
Old 7 Dec 2014, 09:41 (Ref:3482830)   #1386
Rookie

1961 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tony Quinn has joined the MARC Focus team for a race. He's joining Jake Camilleri and a racer from Qatar in the Dubai 24 hour in a few weeks time.
Old 8 Dec 2014, 12:27 (Ref:3483097)   #1387
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Russell Ingall may have jumped to the top of a few local teams shopping lists this morning.
Old 9 Dec 2014, 04:39 (Ref:3483319)   #1388
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Russell Ingall may have jumped to the top of a few local teams shopping lists this morning.
Wonder if Scott Pye and Nick Percat might get a phone call too?
Old 10 Dec 2014, 04:41 (Ref:3483635)   #1389
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Trass Family Motorsport has confirmed an all Kiwi driver line up for February’s Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 Hour Read More

The latest entry list has HTP still down to run the Merc.
Old 10 Dec 2014, 06:04 (Ref:3483648)   #1390
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst youngster Brad Shiels confirmed as a co-driver in the MacPherson GT3-R.
Old 10 Dec 2014, 21:56 (Ref:3483835)   #1391
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Bathurst youngster Brad Shiels confirmed as a co-driver in the MacPherson GT3-R.
Hopefully they can lure a Porsche pro for the 3rd seat.
Old 10 Dec 2014, 22:10 (Ref:3483839)   #1392
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Hopefully they can lure a Porsche pro for the 3rd seat.
if they get a pro then they have to race in the pro-am class, if they get another "gentlemen" driver then they can be in the hunt for the Gentlemen’s trophy.

they may want to be in the hunt for the Gentlemen's trophy, probably a more realistic target for them
Old 11 Dec 2014, 01:03 (Ref:3483885)   #1393
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
if they get a pro then they have to race in the pro-am class, if they get another "gentlemen" driver then they can be in the hunt for the Gentlemen’s trophy.
Is Brad Shields considered a pro or an Am?

Quote:
they may want to be in the hunt for the Gentlemen's trophy, probably a more realistic target for them
They may do however throw in gun Porsche Pro from Europe or even a local like Alex/ James Davison and they are in the mix.
Old 11 Dec 2014, 01:10 (Ref:3483888)   #1394
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:

They may do however throw in gun Porsche Pro from Europe or even a local like Alex/ James Davison and they are in the mix.
As far as i can tell he is an Am. which would mean two Am drivers.

as i said gentelemen's trophy is probably a more realistic target. However obviously the team owner makes those choices
Old 11 Dec 2014, 02:43 (Ref:3483924)   #1395
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
As far as i can tell he is an Am. which would mean two Am drivers.
Therefore if they get a Pro - they are still eligible for the Gentlemens trophy.
Old 11 Dec 2014, 02:47 (Ref:3483928)   #1396
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Therefore if they get a Pro - they are still eligible for the Gentlemens trophy.
are i see what you are saying

Quote:
Class A automobiles with one seeded driver or less are eligible to compete for the Outright and Gentlemen’s trophies.
Old 11 Dec 2014, 12:26 (Ref:3484051)   #1397
velly4
Racer

Australia
velly4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Brad is an Am
Old 11 Dec 2014, 22:01 (Ref:3484220)   #1398
Reload
Veteran

Australia
I see that Peter Kox is in a McLaren for the Gulf 12 hour this weekend. Would be a nice fit for the Quinn car ? Entries for the B12 hour close today.
Old 12 Dec 2014, 00:50 (Ref:3484259)   #1399
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
I see that Peter Kox is in a McLaren for the Gulf 12 hour this weekend. Would be a nice fit for the Quinn car ? Entries for the B12 hour close today.

I was thinking Super Peter would end up in the McMillan Lambo
Old 12 Dec 2014, 00:57 (Ref:3484260)   #1400
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
I was thinking Super Peter would end up in the McMillan Lambo
Richo and Baird will do the job, however as with most it will come down to the gentleman's performance with their mandatory 3 hour minimum.