Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 7 Feb 2016, 21:43 (Ref:3612860)   #1376
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Those are awesome. Just had the chance to look through. Thanks for posting!

Say what we want about the lights, I think this is badass!

Thank you, Jamey Price.
What an amazing shot.
Old 7 Feb 2016, 21:52 (Ref:3612863)   #1377
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
These are really good, and that's taking it to the next level renting a Cessna during the race to take photos! Another fantastic racing photographer I like a lot is Camden Thrasher.
Old 8 Feb 2016, 14:21 (Ref:3613083)   #1378
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
That was all through the magic of the iPhone.
Are you serious?
Old 8 Feb 2016, 14:59 (Ref:3613088)   #1379
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
Are you serious?
100%.
Quote:
Just normal iPhone 6 panoramic mode.
Old 8 Feb 2016, 15:45 (Ref:3613100)   #1380
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lap time evolution from 2000 on http://nasportscar.com/lap-time-evolution-daytona/
Old 8 Feb 2016, 20:57 (Ref:3613183)   #1381
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We added as last items the top-speed-Overviews of GTLM & GTD in our race-Report:
Old 8 Feb 2016, 21:00 (Ref:3613186)   #1382
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
I still don't understand why the graph goes backwards...95% of languages have people reading left to right, so why is the highest speed all the way to the left and the lowest to the right instead of the other way like it should be?
Old 8 Feb 2016, 21:34 (Ref:3613201)   #1383
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I still don't understand why the graph goes backwards...95% of languages have people reading left to right, so why is the highest speed all the way to the left and the lowest to the right instead of the other way like it should be?
Just to add to that, most graphs I've seen, have the X and Y axis starting in the bottom left hand corner. There are exceptions.
Old 9 Feb 2016, 02:14 (Ref:3613260)   #1384
Danske
Veteran

Danske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Just to add to that, most graphs I've seen, have the X and Y axis starting in the bottom left hand corner.
Such as the lap time graph, making left fast and right slow. I didn't give it a second thought having the speed graph also have left be fast.
Old 9 Feb 2016, 02:46 (Ref:3613269)   #1385
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danske View Post
Such as the lap time graph, making left fast and right slow. I didn't give it a second thought having the speed graph also have left be fast.
With a standard X. Y axis the graph is read from left to right, with the values starting at zero, in the bottom left hand corner and increasing accordingly.
Old 9 Feb 2016, 03:38 (Ref:3613279)   #1386
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
With a standard X. Y axis the graph is read from left to right, with the values starting at zero, in the bottom left hand corner and increasing accordingly.
Thanks for the suggestions - we´ll think about it.
To come back to the graph: interesting to watch that there are real differences. The Lambos are awesome - and the bimmers have still a lot to improve - in GTLM too!
Old 9 Feb 2016, 16:47 (Ref:3613419)   #1387
Danske
Veteran

Danske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes, and a zero lap time is as fast as fast can be, so X gets slower to the right on that graph. Go ahead and flip the axis for the speed graph, or make it in h/km. It seems fine to me to have left be fastest for both graphs when you're looking at them all together.
Old 9 Feb 2016, 16:59 (Ref:3613425)   #1388
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good grief! Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth! They could be diagonal for all I care as long as I can read the data!
Old 10 Feb 2016, 00:13 (Ref:3613519)   #1389
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdave0 View Post
Good grief! Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth! They could be diagonal for all I care as long as I can read the data!
I think that's the problem, initially it isn't that easy to read.
Old 10 Feb 2016, 01:18 (Ref:3613532)   #1390
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
I am starting to like the track lighting, it really
is great for tv and these cars look awesome under the lights.

Time for those at the track to start heading toward the front stretch
stands, fireworks (probably) coming up around 8 or 9 p.m.
I was keeping track of the time, fireworks didn't start until nearer 10pm this year, but it didn't disappoint.
Old 10 Feb 2016, 01:47 (Ref:3613537)   #1391
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
I was keeping track of the time, fireworks didn't start until nearer 10pm this year, but it didn't disappoint.
Damn good fireworks show. Watched it from the campsite while chugging a beer, haha.

Watching the broadcast now, and just got to the part where the 60 blew up...what RLM fails to mention, or see, was the ~12 cars that went firing off at the kink right after. Pretty wild stuff, the 55 was perpendicular to the direction of travel, both AXR cars went off together, the SoD car, one of the Ganassi cars, and quite a few GT cars, with one of the BMW's and one of the Corvette's actually making it through all the grass and across the West Horseshoe.
Old 10 Feb 2016, 13:26 (Ref:3613647)   #1392
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Damn good fireworks show. Watched it from the campsite while chugging a beer, haha.
It was fantastic, didn't manage to get to the front grandstand but was in the little one at the West Horseshoe. To be honest I don't think there was a bad spot to watch them from!
Old 10 Feb 2016, 20:31 (Ref:3613791)   #1393
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
At least it's in the proper unit of measurement.
Old 12 Feb 2016, 15:08 (Ref:3614220)   #1394
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
What an awesome pic - by Marshall Pruett.

Tim Pappas on fire behind the wheel!

(and great to see the famous Champion name return to the track!)

Old 12 Feb 2016, 18:07 (Ref:3614262)   #1395
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Indeed, love that green color as well.
Old 13 Feb 2016, 00:29 (Ref:3614337)   #1396
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-Eins View Post
We added as last items the top-speed-Overviews of GTLM & GTD in our race-Report:
It seemed like the Lamborghinis were head and shoulders above GTD and GTLM on the straights in the race. This picture makes it look closer than i remember.
Old 13 Feb 2016, 06:26 (Ref:3614369)   #1397
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is that just the difference between acceleration and top speed? I.e. The Lamborghinis got to their top speed quicker and hence quicker for most of the straights?
Old 13 Feb 2016, 13:18 (Ref:3614401)   #1398
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/0...-24-hours.html

Oh dear, that was really close for Angelelli. If he had fainted a lap earlier, that could have been a massive shunt. And carbon monoxide poisoning is bad enough even when you're not going close to 200mph.

Would it be feasible to measure the concentration of carbon monoxide in the cockpit, so that a car can be called into the pits to fix the issue if a certain concentration is exceeded?
Old 13 Feb 2016, 13:59 (Ref:3614402)   #1399
JoestEver
Rookie

JoestEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder why the team opt to continue under that circumstance? Clearly knowing that the issue was not fixed?
Old 13 Feb 2016, 14:08 (Ref:3614404)   #1400
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoestEver View Post
I wonder why the team opt to continue under that circumstance? Clearly knowing that the issue was not fixed?
They were still in contention for the win, and for most of the stint, Angelelli was still setting competitive times. No one realized how serious it was until he fainted after the race.

It was irresponsible, but I see why they did it.