Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 22 Feb 2023, 14:26 (Ref:4144523)   #1401
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by InYourMirrors45 View Post
Strong line up that. Would expect Sutton to be there or there abouts, Cammish with a heap of podiums and some wins and Rowbo to more than likely chip in with a podium or two.
Which might all add up to a diluted Championship points tally…
Old 22 Feb 2023, 15:32 (Ref:4144535)   #1402
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Which might all add up to a diluted Championship points tally…
Unfortunately, this is a real & potential problem but I suppose no worse than WSR have to contend with.
I'm all for 'let them race', it should make for entertaining racing to watch, but if Ash, Dan C & Dan R take it in turns winning (sorry Sam), they will effectively all be taking points off each other too. However, if one of them is either chosen as team leader, or manages to gain a strong points advantage over the others, maybe the team can rely on 'the others' to act as tail gunners for the leader, and also take points away from potential rivals.
It's going to be interesting to see how this pans out.
Old 22 Feb 2023, 15:51 (Ref:4144541)   #1403
Rowbo01
Rookie

Rowbo01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by InYourMirrors45 View Post
Strong line up that. Would expect Sutton to be there or there abouts, Cammish with a heap of podiums and some wins and Rowbo to more than likely chip in with a podium or two.
I certainly expect more of myself than that.

Hope you guys are all well.
Old 22 Feb 2023, 15:51 (Ref:4144542)   #1404
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Unfortunately, this is a real & potential problem but I suppose no worse than WSR have to contend with.
I'm all for 'let them race', it should make for entertaining racing to watch, but if Ash, Dan C & Dan R take it in turns winning (sorry Sam), they will effectively all be taking points off each other too. However, if one of them is either chosen as team leader, or manages to gain a strong points advantage over the others, maybe the team can rely on 'the others' to act as tail gunners for the leader, and also take points away from potential rivals.

This is exactly the problem that WSR had last year, as you point out. Without fighting for each win, either Hill or Turkington could have easily won the driver's championship. I'm pretty sure that I or someone else made this observation during the last season.
Old 22 Feb 2023, 16:10 (Ref:4144547)   #1405
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I wonder if TPR will make a comeback, especially as there is space on the grid.
With George Gamble and the other Ciceley 3 series? Assuming the car that Turks raced up till Oulton was repaired.
Old 22 Feb 2023, 16:20 (Ref:4144548)   #1406
mphplastering
Rookie

mphplastering should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowbo01 View Post

You been quietly watching the comments Rowbo
Old 22 Feb 2023, 16:25 (Ref:4144549)   #1407
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Well I certainly expect more too! I’m sure you’ve enjoyed reading the posts, so what happened to you going to Speedworks as per the rumour mill
Old 22 Feb 2023, 16:27 (Ref:4144550)   #1408
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphplastering View Post
You been quietly watching the comments Rowbo
He usually does, it’s so good to have some drivers on here. Best of luck at NAPA Rowbo.
Old 22 Feb 2023, 16:53 (Ref:4144553)   #1409
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
To be fair Cammish was the absolute team player last year. Having had a crap early session - fires , other people’s crashes etc - he even tossed a win away I think to help Sutton. First few races should be hammer and tongs with NAPA and WSR drivers!
Old 22 Feb 2023, 16:53 (Ref:4144554)   #1410
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Thanks as always for coming on here, Rowbo, and congratulations on getting another strong BTCC drive. Out of interest, when and why did you decide to switch teams?

Also, I would be interested to know if you have any information about Motorbase’s failed attempt at a new car for 2023, and how it affected development of the Ford. I hope you can challenge for the championship in it but last year the car’s performance seemed quite inconsistent from meeting to meeting, and required some heroics from Ash Sutton, in my opinion the best BTCC driver since Andy Rouse at least, to drag it into title contention. Do you know if the Ford is expected to be better for next year or if it is a waiting year before the new car arrives in 2024?
Old 22 Feb 2023, 17:22 (Ref:4144556)   #1411
InYourMirrors45
Racer

InYourMirrors45 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Look forward to being proven wrong for about the 4,576 time. Congrats on the deal and best of luck.
Old 22 Feb 2023, 17:40 (Ref:4144558)   #1412
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
With George Gamble and the other Ciceley 3 series? Assuming the car that Turks raced up till Oulton was repaired.
Turks’ car (006) has been repaired and he’ll be racing that this year by all accounts.

WSR bought both Ciceley cars so unless a deal has been done since, I don’t expect to see the 5th BMW on the grid this season.
Old 22 Feb 2023, 17:51 (Ref:4144559)   #1413
Swedishsuffle
Rookie

Swedishsuffle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone feel Dynamics may well be a shadow of themselves similar to the Herbert/Pinkney years when they struggled for backing.
Old 22 Feb 2023, 17:57 (Ref:4144560)   #1414
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedishsuffle View Post
Does anyone feel Dynamics may well be a shadow of themselves similar to the Herbert/Pinkney years when they struggled for backing.
Much points to that. Slowly but surely getting there I fear.
Old 22 Feb 2023, 18:10 (Ref:4144562)   #1415
PeterY
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
PeterY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Josh Cook and Aiden Moffat at one motorsport (BTC)

https://www.brandshatch.co.uk/news/cook-and-moffat-remain-in-btcc-for-2023-with-one-motorsport?fbclid=IwAR2M0043UgerNJjWazYQ2OjKKV-beW5IXnatFAhtxa1HWx1FP-6Abzhl4LI
Old 22 Feb 2023, 18:21 (Ref:4144564)   #1416
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Err... it's last week's news
Old 22 Feb 2023, 18:40 (Ref:4144565)   #1417
Swedishsuffle
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Much points to that. Slowly but surely getting there I fear.
Can see a black Civic with minimal backing. Just Dynamics stickers.

Would love to be wrong. If it was last year you could have seen Plato there with backing and giving that a go. Something I never thought would be possible.

If Matt Jackson had the funds and still had the talent it would be interesting to see if he could keep the team up there with Shedden.

I fear obscurity looms for them
Old 22 Feb 2023, 18:52 (Ref:4144568)   #1418
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Are they reverting to their status of 25 years ago? Have the glory days gone?
Old 22 Feb 2023, 19:04 (Ref:4144570)   #1419
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Probably just merge with another team as seems to be the trend… hopefully Halfords sticks around for the foreseeable future.

Can’t be looking good for the Civic if they can’t improve this year, and seems bringing a new model to the grid is getting more difficult (expensive). But who knows, they might have a brand new car and manufacturer deal secretly lined up for April
Old 22 Feb 2023, 19:13 (Ref:4144571)   #1420
Swedishsuffle
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Probably just merge with another team as seems to be the trend… hopefully Halfords sticks around for the foreseeable future.

Can’t be looking good for the Civic if they can’t improve this year, and seems bringing a new model to the grid is getting more difficult (expensive). But who knows, they might have a brand new car and manufacturer deal secretly lined up for April
Realistically all they would need is the shell for the new civic and transfer the running gear over. You would think Honda UK would be able to provide shells for free or cheap. I guess the new civic and Type R don’t need much publicity mind you. Fairly in demand.

Shedden is still quick and can get results. Not sure a title is there however. I am trying to think who could be a quick FWD driver with backing that would suit them. You would think they may have someone lined up as Moffat would have been an easy choice if they needed funds and obviously he is elsewhere.
Old 22 Feb 2023, 19:17 (Ref:4144572)   #1421
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
[QUOTE=Swedishsuffle;4144571]Realistically all they would need is the shell for the new civic and transfer the running gear over. You would think Honda UK would be able to provide shells for free or cheap. I guess the new civic and Type R don’t need much publicity mind you. Fairly in demand.

Not made in local Swindon now. Shipping shells from Japan would be horrendous in terms of cost - probably cheaper to strip fully built road cars!
Old 22 Feb 2023, 19:30 (Ref:4144576)   #1422
Swedishsuffle
Rookie

[
Not made in local Swindon now. Shipping shells from Japan would be horrendous in terms of cost - probably cheaper to strip fully built road cars![/QUOTE]

Not sure it would cost a horrendous amount of money to import shells from Japan. 33k for a civic In the U.K. I have no doubt it’s cheaper than that to ship and also taking in to account the Labour to strip a road car. Maybe the cost for molding body parts and wings however might be a fair bit.
Old 22 Feb 2023, 20:10 (Ref:4144579)   #1423
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedishsuffle View Post
[
Not made in local Swindon now. Shipping shells from Japan would be horrendous in terms of cost - probably cheaper to strip fully built road cars!
Not sure it would cost a horrendous amount of money to import shells from Japan. 33k for a civic In the U.K. I have no doubt it’s cheaper than that to ship and also taking in to account the Labour to strip a road car. Maybe the cost for molding body parts and wings however might be a fair bit.[/QUOTE]

Container from Osaka - Felixstowe 20’ $22,000 …..
Old 22 Feb 2023, 22:13 (Ref:4144591)   #1424
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Not sure it would cost a horrendous amount of money to import shells from Japan. 33k for a civic In the U.K. I have no doubt it’s cheaper than that to ship and also taking in to account the Labour to strip a road car. Maybe the cost for molding body parts and wings however might be a fair bit.
Container from Osaka - Felixstowe 20’ $22,000 …..[/QUOTE]

Under $10k for a 40ft'er.... https://moverdb.com/container-shipping/japan/
Old 23 Feb 2023, 01:55 (Ref:4144606)   #1425
teabag1993
Rookie

teabag1993 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Are they reverting to their status of 25 years ago? Have the glory days gone?
I'd say this year will be the best indication. It's very disheartening to see, especially for Dynamics fans such as myself.

I think Shedden's got it in him still to win another title, and he put up a good fight last year considering the Civic was roundly out-developed by the Hyundai and Toyota by the closing rounds.

One thing I'm almost certain of is that Dynamics can't keep doing the same thing that they've done for the past 2 seasons. Shedden has a number of personal sponsors that seem very involved with his campaign (GS Yuasa, Tunnocks etc)- perhaps one of them could write a bigger cheque this year and upgrade to a title sponsor?

Or, they need to think outside the box again like in 2005 with the Integra. Find a loophole, or employ a new grid or points strategy, anything really. I just want to see Dynamics back at the top before I lose my marbles.