Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 10 Jun 2009, 07:30 (Ref:2478930)   #1451
skeeskirrt
Racer

United States
Boney Mountain
skeeskirrt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AX lover View Post
Nice movie about the Aston Martin victory in 1959 with the DBR1:
http://www.astonmartinracing.com/eng...s/finalvictory
These movies are absolute treasures! Brilliant Find!
Old 10 Jun 2009, 08:09 (Ref:2478962)   #1452
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeskirrt View Post
These movies are absolute treasures! Brilliant Find!
Are there sound when you watch the movies?
Old 10 Jun 2009, 09:15 (Ref:2478994)   #1453
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
According to http://www.autohebdo.fr/endurance/le...haunac-remonte Hugues de Chaunac believes Aston Martin should not be allowed to use direct injection on their LMP1 engine.

I also find it strange that such radical changes can be made to engine that is homologated in GT1 without direct injection.
Old 10 Jun 2009, 09:49 (Ref:2479011)   #1454
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
http://s11.directupload.net/file/d/1821/6h8e6lez_jpg
Picture shows Car 009 .

Regards : lemansfan
Old 10 Jun 2009, 10:00 (Ref:2479016)   #1455
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
http://s11b.directupload.net/file/d/1821/jpg739ax_jpg

Weather is very bad for the Moment .Hope for a dry Race !!

Regards : lemansfan
Old 10 Jun 2009, 10:11 (Ref:2479021)   #1456
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Are there sound when you watch the movies?
Yup. You don't get any?
Old 10 Jun 2009, 11:29 (Ref:2479064)   #1457
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
Yup. You don't get any?
No, and it's really bugging me!, i even tried to download them!
Old 10 Jun 2009, 11:35 (Ref:2479067)   #1458
AX lover
Racer

Netherlands
AX lover should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And here?

Part 1
http://www.autojunk.nl/clips/view/158937

Part 2
http://www.autojunk.nl/clips/view/158939
Old 10 Jun 2009, 11:38 (Ref:2479069)   #1459
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by AX lover View Post
There was the sound , Thanks!
Old 10 Jun 2009, 19:46 (Ref:2479553)   #1460
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to Eurosport Oreca has put in an appeal against the use of direct injection on the Lola Aston GT1 engines
Old 11 Jun 2009, 11:59 (Ref:2479992)   #1461
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
while I can understand Orecas logic in protesting, as to me also it seems outside the rules...... I strongly suspect Prodrive would have first sought approval from the ACO befoe performing the DI conversion......much like Audi did with their wings!.......hence the appeal will probably last about as long as pugeots appeal.
Old 11 Jun 2009, 14:10 (Ref:2480095)   #1462
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
while I can understand Orecas logic in protesting, as to me also it seems outside the rules...... I strongly suspect Prodrive would have first sought approval from the ACO befoe performing the DI conversion......much like Audi did with their wings!.......hence the appeal will probably last about as long as pugeots appeal.
Hmm, I actually think that the Oreca protest is legit whereas the Pug protest is rubish!

L.P.
Old 11 Jun 2009, 14:24 (Ref:2480104)   #1463
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Hmm, I actually think that the Oreca protest is legit whereas the Pug protest is rubish!

L.P.
x2!
Old 12 Jun 2009, 13:18 (Ref:2481009)   #1464
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76071

PLM & Laguna mentioned
Old 13 Jun 2009, 09:39 (Ref:2481448)   #1465
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
If they have a few more accidents like they had during practice and training, they might waste their budget just to put the cars together again!

They'll be racing the rest of the LMS, at least, right?

But it would be really good to see them in those last 2 ALMS races, especially after the rumors Audi could be there also. Peugeot also been rumored too I think?

Prodrive was left out of the F1 entry list. Hindaugh mentioned during the Le Mans broadcast that at Nurburgring, Ulrich Bez, AM Managing Director, said F1 wasn't a good fit for AM, so maybe Prodrive thought they'd have AM with them and didn't so F1 shook their finger at them.
Old 13 Jun 2009, 11:41 (Ref:2481511)   #1466
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Very neat, now we´ll only need Peugeot and Audi to commit to those two and we should have a cracking season finale.
Old 6 Jul 2009, 21:43 (Ref:2496889)   #1467
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/...s-eco-car.html
Old 6 Jul 2009, 22:24 (Ref:2496920)   #1468
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Hmmm,I wonder were they're gonna fit that 1.0L V12 then....
Old 6 Jul 2009, 22:26 (Ref:2496922)   #1469
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post

Prodrive was left out of the F1 entry list. Hindaugh mentioned during the Le Mans broadcast that at Nurburgring, Ulrich Bez, AM Managing Director, said F1 wasn't a good fit for AM, so maybe Prodrive thought they'd have AM with them and didn't so F1 shook their finger at them.
That's great news! At least this'll mean them AMR LMP1's will be back at Le Mans next year. This time maybe with a full AM effort?
Old 7 Jul 2009, 00:27 (Ref:2496971)   #1470
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Given that the current 3 chassis are owned by collectors already (though I guess one is dead now, so does the collector now own the old replacement chassis? And what of 009?) I imagine there could be new tubs next year. So what would those tubs be? More of the same Lola, or all Prodrive? And what would a full AM effort entail? More money from AM? Couldn't ask for a better team to run the car...
Old 7 Jul 2009, 09:24 (Ref:2497108)   #1471
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Ever seen a Honda CBX? 1040cc straight 6. Motorcycle.

What a glorious wail they make.

I have heard of a V12 made out of 2 of them!
Old 7 Jul 2009, 09:28 (Ref:2497110)   #1472
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I would guess the damaged one has been to Huntingdon to be repaired? After all, they raced one tub that had been patched from last year.

Therefore the collector has his car.

What's the query about 009? That was at Festival of Speed.
Old 7 Jul 2009, 10:48 (Ref:2497168)   #1473
amdb7gt
Rookie

England
elland, west yorkshire
amdb7gt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone else going to Portugal to watch the Astons race there at the end of the month?
Old 7 Jul 2009, 19:23 (Ref:2497451)   #1474
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If Aston enter PLM, I hope the diesels stear clear! It would ruin it!
Old 7 Jul 2009, 22:34 (Ref:2497527)   #1475
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
I would guess the damaged one has been to Huntingdon to be repaired? After all, they raced one tub that had been patched from last year.

Therefore the collector has his car.

What's the query about 009? That was at Festival of Speed.
Those of us not in the UK at the FoS were unlikely to know which Aston was there. Surprised it wasn't 007 though, given it was the one that finished 4th. Maybe 007 and 008 are being rebuilt for Portimao though.

I was also wondering which tub the collector that bought the damaged chassis would end up with. After all, if you buy a chassis for its upcoming Le Mans-competing provenance, it'd be rather a loss of value to end up with 'did a few laps of Paul Ricard, got bent, ended up spending June at Lola, never raced'.