Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 5 Feb 2017, 06:47 (Ref:3710015)   #1451
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 5 Feb 2017, 06:47 (Ref:3710016)   #1452
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Just gonna leave this here, note the date. :lol:

Old 5 Feb 2017, 06:49 (Ref:3710017)   #1453
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
J Dub. class driver,
Old 5 Feb 2017, 06:49 (Ref:3710018)   #1454
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And dad #40 finished P2 in class C, first time at Bathurst and only did the deal the week before, made up for him
Old 5 Feb 2017, 06:50 (Ref:3710019)   #1455
venturi
Racer

Australia
venturi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridventuri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yup, congrats to the Maranello and 888 guys, great preparation, great drivers, well deserved win

And also very cool to see Competition Motorsports getting 2nd in the Porsche GT3R, nice one
Old 5 Feb 2017, 06:51 (Ref:3710020)   #1456
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
That move/penalty is going to kill the podium chances for the #12. I think third was their best-case scenario.
So, yeah. Turns out I was wrong haha.

Really enjoyed that. Managed to go through the night and watch pretty much the entire thing.

Hopefully this will encourage Whincup to do even more sportscar stuff. He looked so comfortable in his first race in a GT3. Still want to see him and Craig at Le Mans.
Old 5 Feb 2017, 06:52 (Ref:3710022)   #1457
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Fine all-round performance from the Maranello crew for a deserved victory.

Good results from the #12 (Pro-Am in 2nd) and the #17 (not the win, but another podium).
Old 5 Feb 2017, 06:57 (Ref:3710023)   #1458
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Love me some Bathurst drama. Grats to the Ferrari, were the undisputed favourites but still did it in style. Svg, well, we all have shitty days.
Old 5 Feb 2017, 06:59 (Ref:3710024)   #1459
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
So, yeah. Turns out I was wrong haha.

Really enjoyed that. Managed to go through the night and watch pretty much the entire thing.

Hopefully this will encourage Whincup to do even more sportscar stuff. He looked so comfortable in his first race in a GT3. Still want to see him and Craig at Le Mans.
Glad you and the "others" from across the pond made it through!

Its 2 am here and I think its time to wrap it up for me....

Enjoyed it myself. Hard not to with these cars and this track.
Old 5 Feb 2017, 07:00 (Ref:3710025)   #1460
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Glad you and the "others" from across the pond made it through!

Its 2 am here and I think its time to wrap it up for me....

Enjoyed it myself. Hard not to with these cars and this track.
this
Old 5 Feb 2017, 07:01 (Ref:3710026)   #1461
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hindhaugh has a point about calling out team mates ... not only will Maro Engel and SvG not share a car .... not sure we will see Mr. Engel at Bathurst again.

SvG is pretty popular at home.

Other than that ... once again, a really good race. Maybe Sebring should consider starting before dawn?
Old 5 Feb 2017, 07:02 (Ref:3710029)   #1462
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
7am here, not sure I can sleep after all that!
Old 5 Feb 2017, 07:03 (Ref:3710030)   #1463
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Hindhaugh has a point about calling out team mates ... not only will Maro Engel and SvG not share a car .... not sure we will see Mr. Engel at Bathurst again.

Other than that ... once again, a really good race. Maybe Sebring should consider starting before dawn?
SVG drove like a goose all weekend - jet lag?
Old 5 Feb 2017, 07:08 (Ref:3710033)   #1464
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
SVG drove like a goose all weekend - jet lag?
I was going to say, he did really well at the Rolex ... maybe all the travel messed up his sleep and that's what's up. I didn't think about trying to do the two back-to-back with a whatever, 16-hour plane ride in between.

Makes a lot of sense. I have a hard time keeping it together for one race, or one trip across time zones ... and I am just a spectator.
Old 5 Feb 2017, 07:08 (Ref:3710034)   #1465
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Well that just proves there is a distinct lack between the ears
SvG has always come across to me as though he's a spanner short of a toolbox.
Old 5 Feb 2017, 07:10 (Ref:3710035)   #1466
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ospi View Post
I don't really disagree with Engel there, but damn, not something you say publicly.
I think after all these years of SvG making high risk moves when it simply isn't necessary, someone needed to say it.
Old 5 Feb 2017, 07:20 (Ref:3710037)   #1467
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
who is the woman next to lowndes?
HIs (2nd) wife, I think.
Old 5 Feb 2017, 07:21 (Ref:3710040)   #1468
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
For anyone interested, the top 5 lap times so far:

#88 Ferrari 488 - 2:02.908
#90 BMW M6 - 2:02.954
#8 Bentley Continential - 2:03.181
#37 McLaren 650s - 2:03.369
#12 McLaren 650s - 2:03.774

* don't know the drivers....

HA! You can make it!
I MADE IT.

Great crazy race. I legitimately thought it was Sunday long enough that I made a mental note to check Superbowl score after catching up on this thread lol.
Old 5 Feb 2017, 07:21 (Ref:3710041)   #1469
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
I think after all these years of SvG making high risk moves when it simply isn't necessary, someone needed to say it.
Oh it's been said a number of times, just not by his team mate in the car. Understand Maro's frustration and it was definitely in the heat of the moment but wow, it's rare to see one team mate diss another publicly.
Old 5 Feb 2017, 07:24 (Ref:3710044)   #1470
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
HIs (2nd) wife, I think.
cheers, i wondered if it was her
Old 5 Feb 2017, 07:36 (Ref:3710052)   #1471
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well done to all at Marenello and Triple Eight. They were the class of the field.

It's a shame SvG hung it off the fence. By his own admission, trying a little too hard, caught the kerb, and around she went. Kind of denied us an opportunity for a ripper finish.
Old 5 Feb 2017, 07:46 (Ref:3710056)   #1472
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Well done to all at Marenello and Triple Eight. They were the class of the field.

It's a shame SvG hung it off the fence. By his own admission, trying a little too hard, caught the kerb, and around she went. Kind of denied us an opportunity for a ripper finish.
It was a ripper finish regardless!

12 months til we can go around again
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 5 Feb 2017, 07:49 (Ref:3710057)   #1473
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post

Mr Engel is a Mercedes Benz-AMG factory driver, a DTM pilot in season 2017.

He is likely to have some influence at that level.
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 5 Feb 2017, 07:54 (Ref:3710059)   #1474
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Mr Engel is a Mercedes Benz-AMG factory driver, a DTM pilot in season 2017.

He is likely to have some influence at that level.
Well, he had been out in the wilderness and doing odd journeyman gigs during the last few years and only just made it back to DTM for the new season. I am not sure how established he is just now. Might go either way...
Old 5 Feb 2017, 08:06 (Ref:3710061)   #1475
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post

Kind of denied us an opportunity for a ripper finish.
I sort of felt it was anti climatic.

Had been building up for hours to an awesome SVG vs JDub finish and then we ended up with two SVG caused SC's in the last 30 mins and J dub crusing around in the lead. But the hours were before that were awesome

Next year the commentators will have to come up with a better sell point for the race finish, than the last 3 races have been seperated by a total of 5 seconds (or some similar number)