Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 2 Feb 2019, 15:34 (Ref:3881348)   #1451
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, misinformation there, I hadn't realised the AM had a grid penalty anyway.
Old 2 Feb 2019, 15:40 (Ref:3881350)   #1452
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Sorry, misinformation there, I hadn't realised the AM had a grid penalty anyway.
Yes, that was announced later in the morning. The 2 place grid penalty was already in place, but wouldn’t have stopped the team winning the shoot out trophy. C’est la vie......
Old 2 Feb 2019, 15:54 (Ref:3881353)   #1453
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Yes, that was announced later in the morning. The 2 place grid penalty was already in place, but wouldn’t have stopped the team winning the shoot out trophy. C’est la vie......
Sorry, I'm having trouble keeping up, must be the cold weather
Old 2 Feb 2019, 17:07 (Ref:3881357)   #1454
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Sorry, I'm having trouble keeping up, must be the cold weather
You and me both. Just watched the shootout again as I missed first cars this morn. ‘Thunder’ is spot on for the noise the Bentley makes. Wow....
Old 2 Feb 2019, 17:32 (Ref:3881361)   #1455
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
You and me both. Just watched the shootout again as I missed first cars this morn. ‘Thunder’ is spot on for the noise the Bentley makes. Wow....

I recall watching the Bentley at Bathurst last year, I think it was, and it seems to be so big to be hustled around the circuit. I do admire it's pilots for their skill.

On the matter of Bentleys, when we were young and stupid dashing around the streets of North London, the one car we could never keep up with was a Bentley that was driven around by a friend of yours who was employed as a chauffeur by the owner of the Bentley. Not only was it fast in a straight line, but it cornered as if on rails.
Old 2 Feb 2019, 17:43 (Ref:3881363)   #1456
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
The Aston Martins sound pretty good as well. I've seen the Bentley GT's in action on track in the UK and they are surprisingly nimble given their size.
Old 2 Feb 2019, 17:46 (Ref:3881364)   #1457
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I recall watching the Bentley at Bathurst last year,
Very envious, I have watched the Aussie supercars for years and numerous races at Bathurst and always loved the circuit but somehow I think it's outside of my spectator schedule
Old 2 Feb 2019, 17:49 (Ref:3881365)   #1458
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
The Aston Martins sound pretty good as well. I've seen the Bentley GT's in action on track in the UK and they are surprisingly nimble given their size.
Yup, British race cars make the best noise- official! AMG next best.....

Noise is all part of the mystique. I love the Corvettes because of the V8 n/a sound. It won’t be the same with the mid engined Turbo V6...
Old 2 Feb 2019, 18:46 (Ref:3881373)   #1459
jerryk
Racer

United Kingdom
jerryk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that was a good game !
Old 2 Feb 2019, 20:01 (Ref:3881414)   #1460
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryk View Post
that was a good game !
Rugby?
Old 2 Feb 2019, 20:07 (Ref:3881418)   #1461
jerryk
Racer

United Kingdom
jerryk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Rugby?
yes Mike
Old 2 Feb 2019, 20:08 (Ref:3881419)   #1462
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
One of the Freeview channels re-ran Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes recently, and that featured Mark 3 Cortina in one plus Audi Quattro Coupe in the other. Plus assorted other classics as background props, if rather the same ones moved around!

A2A was of course memorable for the phrase "Fire up the Quattro" which maybe sad people with four wheel drive Audis still use today :innocentwhistle:

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Just catching up on about 59 pages of this thread. My you lot are prolific, doesnt anyone actually....work?
Anyway, the A2A car was a genuine ur quattro, not a Coupe quattro.
And i could be offended by the gibe. Ur quatttos are still a much inderrated and under valued car!!
Old 2 Feb 2019, 20:21 (Ref:3881425)   #1463
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
yes Mike
I had to ask as Canaries went top of Championship as well.....

Excellent win for England over Ireland- wasn’t expecting that!
Old 2 Feb 2019, 20:22 (Ref:3881427)   #1464
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
that was a good game !
Yes, Everton 1 - Wolves 3. And follows on from a fantadtic performance mid week when Wolves beat West Ham 3-0. Its a good time to be a Wolves supporter. Not something i have been able to say very often in the last 35 (ish) years!
Old 2 Feb 2019, 20:24 (Ref:3881428)   #1465
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Andy- D’you get paid for every time you mention wolves in one paragraph...
Old 2 Feb 2019, 20:29 (Ref:3881431)   #1466
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
I had to ask as Canaries went top of Championship as well.....

Excellent win for England over Ireland- wasn’t expecting that!
Was pleased that my wife’s sort of team ( she hates sport, but if pushed would want Norwich to win as she is Norfolk born and bred) beat Leeds. My brother in law is a Leeds season ticket holder but i have always disliked them from the 70s, when significant rumours emerged of Don Revie trying to bribe Wolves players to throw the last match of the season so they could win the double.

Pity the good sports weekend is being ruined by the English cricket team!
Old 2 Feb 2019, 20:31 (Ref:3881432)   #1467
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Andy- D’you get paid for every time you mention wolves in one paragraph...
After 35 years of pain i think i am entitled!!
Old 2 Feb 2019, 20:45 (Ref:3881442)   #1468
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Pity the good sports weekend is being ruined by the English cricket team!
Is that what they call themselves...
Old 2 Feb 2019, 22:50 (Ref:3881484)   #1469
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Is that what they call themselves...
Yes, Mike …. Ruined!
Old 3 Feb 2019, 00:11 (Ref:3881504)   #1470
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Yes, Everton 1 - Wolves 3. And follows on from a fantadtic performance mid week when Wolves beat West Ham 3-0. Its a good time to be a Wolves supporter. Not something i have been able to say very often in the last 35 (ish) years!
I must say it surley is not as good a week as NUFC have had.
3-0 vs Cardiff
2-1 vs Man City
Record Signing
Yew we did lose to.spursbut it take them until minutes 83 and a howler.
Old 3 Feb 2019, 06:14 (Ref:3881572)   #1471
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Newcastle coming on strong. Beating Cardiff was not so much of a shock, but obviously something must have been up with Man City, maybe Newcastle just shellshocked them. Looks like things could be on the up for NUFC. Although Spurs to be fair are on form, which is not good for an Arsenal fan
Old 3 Feb 2019, 06:28 (Ref:3881582)   #1472
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Enough league football reports methinks!

Bathurst- How typical that the live steam freezes at the restart after SC!

Grrr...
Old 3 Feb 2019, 07:23 (Ref:3881599)   #1473
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I woke up and thought "I'll watch Bathurst." Started the stream as the drivers went to the podium. Grrr!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 3 Feb 2019, 07:47 (Ref:3881601)   #1474
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I woke up and thought "I'll watch Bathurst." Started the stream as the drivers went to the podium. Grrr!
Not familiar with international time differences then, Max.

The race will no doubt be on a ‘player’ soon. The top ten shootout for pole is worth watching as well.....
Old 3 Feb 2019, 08:02 (Ref:3881604)   #1475
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's being we run on RSL2 http://www.radiolemans.co/2019/02/01...12-hours-2019/

I watched some of it on the rsl feed and there was no buffering to speak of.
Closed Thread