Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 2 Aug 2001, 09:21 (Ref:125131)   #126
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
oh no! try and make it, it'll be lots of fun

hijack a traaaacter, then you'll fit in

bugger, no lee? is dan still around?
Old 2 Aug 2001, 10:53 (Ref:125151)   #127
Rache
Racer

Rache should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I've run out of places to ring for a kangaroo so that plan is out the window for now. Craig said he might get a flag done, does anyone know if he has??

I'll be there on Fri night to watch the practice, what time are you all barbequeing, I'll try to get Hyla to show his face, but it may not be before the practice sesh cos he'll have his Race Face on! Failing that, come say hi in the paddock, I've been roped into handing out PR cards again for most of the day.

Will meet you all to watch the race though, and save an airhorn for me!!!

Rache
Old 2 Aug 2001, 11:04 (Ref:125155)   #128
Daz
Racer

Daz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ahh, thats what I've forgotten off my shopping list, airhorns. I'm in Halfords this afternoon so I'll get a few. Might have something inflatable aswell, can't say what it is yet
Old 2 Aug 2001, 17:31 (Ref:125293)   #129
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
damn, I cant make it to Snet unless my mechanic miraculously heals my car tomorrow.

have a good one anyway,
and i might see you all at Mallory for the mini fest

WoodyRacing.
Old 2 Aug 2001, 18:28 (Ref:125308)   #130
Hyla Breese
Rookie

Hyla Breese should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dedicated

Geeez you guys and girls are dedicated. I've been watching the talk about inflatables over the last few weeks and even went to the sites you guys put on here for inflatables.....I never knew there were such things as 20 foot kangaroos back home??

Sounds like you lot will be at Snet in the hundreds!! Good to see!
Don't be afraid to come on by the Lotus village and say Hi..........but please not all at once :-) haha

Catch ya all soon
Old 2 Aug 2001, 20:15 (Ref:125335)   #131
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not long to go now ....... Heading off tomorrow lunch and I can't wait to meet up with everyone again.

See you all there
Old 2 Aug 2001, 20:42 (Ref:125341)   #132
Daz
Racer

I still can't believe that it's Snetterton tomorrow, I have several inflatables sorted for the weekend and they are funny. Car is loaded ready to go, so see you all there anytime from about 2pm.

Lets get ready to rumble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2 Aug 2001, 21:13 (Ref:125351)   #133
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Daz I get the feeling you might be the first there. I am aiming for 2/3pm Text me where you are and keep you eyes open for me....!

Old 2 Aug 2001, 21:19 (Ref:125353)   #134
Rache
Racer

Rache should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Daz have you got any Australian-related inflatables, tell tell!!!

PS Did I meet you at Donington, I'm getting all my names and faces mixed up....

Rache
Old 2 Aug 2001, 21:33 (Ref:125358)   #135
Daz
Racer

Sorry there not Australian related but they are from a different planet.

WoodyTJ, I'll look out for you, hopefully if I'm there before you I'll have the Lexus flag up so just head for that and I'll be close by.
Old 3 Aug 2001, 05:43 (Ref:125462)   #136
SPOONERBORO
Veteran

United Kingdom
UK
SPOONERBORO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
likewise myself and kimisis have found something inflatable its rather large and has teeth - okay last transmission before take off - have i got everything?
Old 3 Aug 2001, 08:28 (Ref:125499)   #137
Daz
Racer

Just to say, see you all at Snetterton later.
Old 3 Aug 2001, 23:00 (Ref:125699)   #138
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blimey, work a few long hours and Snett is da place to be!

Was gonna go up tonight but didn't finish work til late. Some of them are up there already and are having a great time. Will be joining them in the morning although I am completely exhausted!

I hope (and it looks like we will!) have a great crowd like we did last year! The 10 Tenths meeting of the year is here boys and girls. Get your a**e up there and ....enjoy.
Old 3 Aug 2001, 23:39 (Ref:125707)   #139
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
christ - have driven for 7 1/2 hours today, went to manchester and back. bloody a1. never travel at rush hour...

see those of you still around tomorrow. you can help me understand my new camera. bloody modern technology.
Old 4 Aug 2001, 01:26 (Ref:125727)   #140
Chris Y
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
We're going up (down) there tomorrow morning probably. May or may not be armed with racing Mini
Old 5 Aug 2001, 12:18 (Ref:126112)   #141
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
B&Q party

Well I was sorry to leave so early but it was a long day and I had a houseful to put to bed and Kev had to be up for work at 6am.

So what time did you chuck them all out John?

Excellent 6 points - well done Nick and a really good drive by Joanna but I have to say I think you should complain about the lack of AA hunk.
Old 5 Aug 2001, 15:03 (Ref:126161)   #142
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One of the funniest things I have seen is Spoonerboro (I think) walking along with 10 foot pole with B&Q flag and mates in tow. You all went up the road and started over the bridge to the outside of the circuit. All I could see was this flag bobbing up and down up over the fence. Well along it went for a bit when suddenly it disappeared, and then reappeared at a somewhat drunk angle.
What happened - did you trip or fall off the kerb?
We all burst out laughing

Nice to see you all again..
Old 5 Aug 2001, 15:14 (Ref:126163)   #143
SPOONERBORO
Veteran

United Kingdom
UK
well i had the honours in the pit lane, it was minardi i guess carrying it over the bridge!!

that pole + flag combination worked fantastic, best joke played was during the aston martin race and Paul Truswell TOCA radio commentator was in his booth at the esses, and i thought it would be great fun to block his vision totally by walking up and down infront of the box covering the window so he couldnt see the race!! highly amusing even Mr TWELL gave us a wave and shared the joke good man!!
Old 5 Aug 2001, 15:17 (Ref:126166)   #144
SPOONERBORO
Veteran

United Kingdom
UK
so as you may of gathered i am home - at least the journey home wasnt too bad only 3hrs 15mins compared to the 5 1/2 hrs on friday on the way up there!!

I think its fair to say a bloody good time was had by all, and thankyou Mr B&Q for your hospitality and mad drunkeness antics in the campsite!!! I could bring the Lorna and tent scenario into this onre but i wont!!!!!!!.....

Good couple of BTCC race i thought and shared in good company!!

Great weekend and thanks to all who came and made my weekend such a belter - oh boy those who werent there you should hold your head in shame you missed a cracker!!
Old 5 Aug 2001, 15:31 (Ref:126171)   #145
SPOONERBORO
Veteran

United Kingdom
UK
actually les we all got kicked out the arb(i think that was the name of the comapny) turned off the generators so john suggested that he comes back to campsite he then stayed the night cos he was too drunk to walk any further from what i can gather.(as i wimped out and went to bed) and yeah well done nick great drive but also well done joanna showed some real pace just shame the car couldnt last!!!!
Old 5 Aug 2001, 16:30 (Ref:126189)   #146
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Well Spooner, after you went to bed we..... and then John...
On second thoughts I'd better not post that, too many reputations to think of

I'll move this to Trackside as that seems more appropriate.
Old 5 Aug 2001, 16:47 (Ref:126194)   #147
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
damn b&q. am getting a lovely delayed hangover... no, don't shout...please....

got my pics back today - cracking group shot in the tent with a whole lot of people i don't recognise.

what a cracking night
Old 5 Aug 2001, 16:51 (Ref:126196)   #148
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks for that, 'shoes. Now it's here I think i'll merge it with the other topic relating to the night race

Yes indeed a very big thank you to all involved... another great weekend which i'm sure was enjoyed by all - with the possible exception of the people without a lack of a sense of humour who tried to have us evicted from the campsite for enjoying ourselves. Still, the security people obviously saw nothing wrong with us as they joined the party later on...!

Mr B&Q, you certainly are a star! Anyone who invited us back to their hostility tent in the paddock and plys us with free alcohol is okay by me! And to join us again on the campsite after the plug was pulled was great - some funny memories there... certainly never thought of using a flaming barbeque to light a cigarette...! BTW, Spooner, you missed a good party - 4.30am I beieve it was when we called it a day...

Woke up this morning to find various parts of a Peugeot in the tent... wonder how they got there ? And wonder if the people responsible managed to get them out of the circuit and home...?

And if I ever see another traffic jam in my life i'll scream!!! Took us 8.5 hours to get there as the M25 was closed - arrived to see just one final lap of night practice () - but just 2.5 to get home... hmmm...

One final thing - if anyone there enjoyed that, you *really* need to join us at Le Mans next year... you'll truly be blown away!!
Old 5 Aug 2001, 16:52 (Ref:126198)   #149
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
mr spooner, i have a very entertaining photograph of you exiting the 'ladies'

i'll let someone else describe the funniest bits, cause i'm not so sure i can remember them at the moment....

i am pleased to report that mr fan got his dan eaves rear bumper back home, and last thing i heard he was trying to find somewhere to put it...

wish i could have fit one of those vauxhalls in my handbag, though...
Old 5 Aug 2001, 18:33 (Ref:126229)   #150
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Woweeeee!!! Had an absolutely BLINDING time - TRISTAN YOU MISSED A GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT WEEKEND!!!

Christ knows where the bumper will finally end up. It seems Dan's rear end is somewhat larger than I reckoned.

I think the photos when developed will sum it all up.

Oh, one more thing...

IT'S DAN EAVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!