Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 30 Sep 2003, 05:56 (Ref:734872)   #126
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
According to David Legangneux (via Jérôme Mugnier site), Cirtek asked for an entry at the November 1000 kms race, with a 360 Modena, driven by Andrea Montermini and Klaus Engelhom.

They should do Daytona, Sebring and LMES as well in 2004 with the 360. They keep the 2003' Porsches for Bathurst and Daytona, and could enter an RSR at Sebring too...
Old 30 Sep 2003, 06:16 (Ref:734887)   #127
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
This is the last day to enter a car for the November race... I hope we'll have news tomorrow morning, except if the board has to choose 50 cars among the candidates...

Henri Pescarolo still not know if he'll have the Peugeot engine next year ; and does not know who will be the pilots in November (Ayari ? Lagorce ?)...
Old 2 Oct 2003, 06:03 (Ref:737496)   #128
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Wout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Accoording to motorsport.com Team Goh will show up with it's Audi, driven by Ara/Kristensen.

So we 'll see at least the following cars show up:

Goh Audi
Rfh Dome
RML MG Lola
Lister LMP
Pescarolo Courage
Pagani Zonda
Cirtek 360 Modena
....?
Old 2 Oct 2003, 07:13 (Ref:737573)   #129
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Courage factory too, with the C65 (LMP2) and the C60 (LMP1)...

And Taurus, Durango, Norma (I know, I know, they didn't deserve it, last June, but let them a chance )too...

Last edited by Fab; 2 Oct 2003 at 07:15.
Old 2 Oct 2003, 07:18 (Ref:737578)   #130
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Wout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Courage factory too, with the C65 (LMP2) and the C60 (LMP1)...
Excellent! I like these cars. They have a beautiful color scheme.

so:

Goh Audi
Rfh Dome
Lister LMP
Courage C60
Courage C65
Pescarolo Courage
RML MG Lola
Pagani Zonda
Cirtek 360 Modena
....?
Old 2 Oct 2003, 08:36 (Ref:737654)   #131
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Well, two news coming from the local paper :
- Tom Kristensen confirmed with Seiji Ara in the Goh Audi,
- we'll have to wait one week more to have the definitive entry list
- ACO received betwenn 40 and 50 possible entries for the race ; in this case, all the concurrents could be granted for the race, as there's 50 places available...

To be continued !
Old 2 Oct 2003, 13:29 (Ref:738017)   #132
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would be stunned if the Panoz cars didn't enter...as well as Champion and Dyson....how could these ultra-competitive teams pass up a shot at an automatic bid to the Big One next June????

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 2 Oct 2003, 15:50 (Ref:738172)   #133
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Autosport don't seem to expect any Audis- but they (and DSC) do expect Intersport with both the MG and an R&S....
Old 2 Oct 2003, 16:45 (Ref:738242)   #134
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I think RfH with 2 cars? Or not?
And Pescarolo?
Old 2 Oct 2003, 21:27 (Ref:738509)   #135
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Question:

Do entries have to "arrive" at the ACO by the deadline, or be "postmarked" by the deadline?

For the Indy 500, it must be "postmarked" by the deadline date, so full entries aren't known for a few days beyond....

But I've never really noticed the specific language used by the ACO for entries to Le Mans....

Can anyone answer that for me???

Just curious.....

Old 2 Oct 2003, 21:35 (Ref:738520)   #136
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i think you can enter on-line. wooh 21st century!
Old 3 Oct 2003, 05:34 (Ref:738795)   #137
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
Question:

Do entries have to "arrive" at the ACO by the deadline, or be "postmarked" by the deadline?

For the Indy 500, it must be "postmarked" by the deadline date, so full entries aren't known for a few days beyond....

But I've never really noticed the specific language used by the ACO for entries to Le Mans....

Can anyone answer that for me???

Just curious.....
Arrive by the deadline ; BTW, I think if a team has motivation to do the race, it doesn't wait till the last moment, taking risk of having an uncompleted file and beeing fired for that...
Old 3 Oct 2003, 05:38 (Ref:738799)   #138
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
I would be stunned if the Panoz cars didn't enter...as well as Champion and Dyson....how could these ultra-competitive teams pass up a shot at an automatic bid to the Big One next June????
For Panoz, I think the factory will try to enter new GTs ; the LMPs could be enter by privateers (that's what said Don Panoz in June) : so no automatic entries for them, except by the ALMS way (one of the three first places of the championship ?). I'm not worried for the Panoz LMPs, if somebody try to enter them, they'll have a full place.

Even more easier for Champion, due to their natural performances...

For Dyson, I don't know, but they should try to enter by the ALMS way...
Old 3 Oct 2003, 05:40 (Ref:738800)   #139
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by FIRE
I think RfH with 2 cars? Or not?
And Pescarolo?
For the November race, they anounce two RFH ; I don't know for Pescarolo, it's a question of money, we only can hope for two cars... let's not hide the Pescarolo difficulties, he's still seeking the 2004' engine for his cars...
Old 3 Oct 2003, 10:40 (Ref:739080)   #140
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Goh have confirmed that they will enter an R8 for the 1000Km.
Team Nasmax also intend to go.
Old 3 Oct 2003, 13:51 (Ref:739381)   #141
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Let's hope Henri gets the $$$ to run either Judd power next year, or access to other options we have discussed at length in other engine-related threads over the past few months....

The aero changes he has made to that chassis over the past year, IMO, make his revised version of the Courage a better aero chassis than the factory has produced....

Old 3 Oct 2003, 14:19 (Ref:739421)   #142
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Let's hope Henri gets the $$$ to run either Judd power next year, or access to other options we have discussed at length in other engine-related threads over the past few months....

The aero changes he has made to that chassis over the past year, IMO, make his revised version of the Courage a better aero chassis than the factory has produced....
Can't say it better : I'm ready to pay a fee to watch once in my life a judd in this chassis... oh boy !
Old 3 Oct 2003, 23:36 (Ref:739932)   #143
EliseGT1
Racer

EliseGT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And where can we barbecue on when there are no more sodemo engines anymore? :confused:
Attached Images

Old 4 Oct 2003, 17:00 (Ref:740411)   #144
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
On the Judd ! Any pics , Ke ?

Nice shot EliseGT1 !
Old 5 Oct 2003, 09:23 (Ref:740840)   #145
EliseGT1
Racer

Not my shot......borrowed this piece of another picture (with permission ofcourse)
Old 6 Oct 2003, 19:32 (Ref:742270)   #146
EliseGT1
Racer

By the way: I'm going in November !
Old 6 Oct 2003, 21:22 (Ref:742359)   #147
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by EliseGT1
By the way: I'm going in November !
Lucky

and has anyone heard when the entries going to confirmed they'ed better hurry up a do confirm it as it's only 4 weeks away.........
Old 7 Oct 2003, 06:09 (Ref:742588)   #148
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Hey, EliseGT1, what do you think of a TT meeting around ? Paddock Bar at 8h30 on saturday ? I'll be in the pits G/S for the pit lane opening (9h15 I assume, as for LM warm-up and quals... you can't miss me with my brand new Bentley jacket (oh boy !)...
Old 7 Oct 2003, 07:04 (Ref:742632)   #149
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
has anyone heard when the entries going to confirmed they'ed better hurry up a do confirm it as it's only 4 weeks away.........
No, and it's very displeasant and tirying ; what are they doing ? 50 candidates, 50 entries and roll on !

I don't know why they're procrastinating like that...
Old 8 Oct 2003, 07:01 (Ref:743670)   #150
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
As we have the "Le Mans 1000kms entry list" for the grid, we could use this one for the race's comments and bets...

Do you think someone could beat up the Audi ?