Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 22 Jun 2015, 00:09 (Ref:3552854)   #126
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But at least, WRC has brief highlights of their races in some TV news channels, like Euronews, in the Sports sections.
Old 26 Jun 2015, 19:36 (Ref:3554130)   #127
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Toyota Motorsport activities will be treated Puuppola village of hand - Tommi Mäkinen Racing Oy Ltd, near the big contract with Japanese brand. If all goes according to plan Mäkinen, he must assume the historic large project. Never before has from Finland have been treated any one big motorsport project.
Old 26 Jun 2015, 20:13 (Ref:3554134)   #128
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Makinen running the WRC team? Or what's this about?
Old 26 Jun 2015, 20:38 (Ref:3554140)   #129
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Maybe it would be a bit similar to the co-operation as Ford is M-Sport.

http://www.tommimakinen.net/company.htm
Old 26 Jun 2015, 20:44 (Ref:3554142)   #130
Alex Langheck
Racer

Alex Langheck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm, interesting..... Not sure if that is good news or not.
Old 2 Jul 2015, 11:02 (Ref:3555359)   #131
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Rally Poland this weekend - Meeke has already rolled it (on the shakedown ). At the moment no news on whether it's repairable or not. Kubica obviously the big draw for the crowds - so how long until he bins it too?
Old 2 Jul 2015, 13:36 (Ref:3555378)   #132
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Rally Poland this weekend - Meeke has already rolled it (on the shakedown ). At the moment no news on whether it's repairable or not.
Really not a good start. I didn't actually think the crash looked that severe in the video, but the article on WRC.com...

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/july/...7--12-12-.html

...states that he rolled seven times! He should make the start though, which is great news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Kubica obviously the big draw for the crowds - so how long until he bins it too?
You cynic... (I reckon by SS3 )
Old 2 Jul 2015, 15:11 (Ref:3555399)   #133
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
According to Autosport, Citroën will drop either the WRC or WTCC program for 2017.

They want to race in China, which is their first market. WTCC does, WRC does not, so...
Old 2 Jul 2015, 19:34 (Ref:3555445)   #134
Alex Langheck
Racer

Well, you have to ask which are they more likely to win?? Simple, the WTCC - they have no competition, and no VW Group rival.
Old 3 Jul 2015, 01:27 (Ref:3555516)   #135
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And they will include Formula E programme from the end of this year. It seems they can't keep three programmes... I think WTCC is suitable to remain.
Old 3 Jul 2015, 08:40 (Ref:3555561)   #136
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Well...let's cut the crap and remove blue and white glasses. Mäkinen himself was interviewed yesterday at local evening paper and his answer in English was quite close to "What is this? I don't even...."
Old 3 Jul 2015, 12:05 (Ref:3555596)   #137
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tanak seems to be on a push today (or perhaps the rest of the field are holding back): stage wins in SS3, SS4 and SS5.
Old 10 Jul 2015, 11:14 (Ref:3557273)   #138
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Citroen make noises about the return of Loeb...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/119916

...not sure on how likely it is to happen, but its the Championship fight we all (or at least I!) would like to see.
Old 10 Jul 2015, 14:38 (Ref:3557314)   #139
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Citroen make noises about the return of Loeb...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/119916

...not sure on how likely it is to happen, but its the Championship fight we all (or at least I!) would like to see.
Citroen are dropping either WTCC or WRC for 2016 aren't they? The article talks about Loeb doing a partial WRC season - which makes no sense either - why would he do that? Surely he's better off committing to one series full time and then doing the occasional 'other' events (so Dakar and the Monte Carlo WRC round alongside a full WTCC campaign for example). But if Citroen bin the WRC program the discussion becomes redundant unless Citroen have a 'not a works team' run a car for Loeb like they did with the Xsara.
Old 10 Jul 2015, 15:29 (Ref:3557333)   #140
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I can't really see them staying in WRC, they have been there, done that and done what they are doing in WTCC, ruining a series by spending more than anyone else, only to lose ther top man as he had no competition, sign two guys that either crash or are not quick enough and start getting itchy feet. They seem to playing at it really, and the budget is clearly far bigger now in WTCC

I do not blame them, VW are doing their job very well, spending a bunch, dominating, just like they did, sour grapes really.

Loeb for me looks bored in WTCC, and why not, there is only competition from his team-mates, he has transferred from one dull series where he dominated to another where he his two rivals.

Dakar for me, and maybe time to leave Citroen, something in my opinion he should have done many years ago and made himself unquestionably the best rally driver ever. For me he though he is the best of the modern era, staying in one car just means he is marked down a little for me.
Old 10 Jul 2015, 15:36 (Ref:3557337)   #141
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I can't really see them staying in WRC, they have been there, done that and done what they are doing in WTCC, ruining a series by spending more than anyone else, only to lose ther top man as he had no competition, sign two guys that either crash or are not quick enough and start getting itchy feet. They seem to playing at it really, and the budget is clearly far bigger now in WTCC

I do not blame them, VW are doing their job very well, spending a bunch, dominating, just like they did, sour grapes really.

Loeb for me looks bored in WTCC, and why not, there is only competition from his team-mates, he has transferred from one dull series where he dominated to another where he his two rivals.

Dakar for me, and maybe time to leave Citroen, something in my opinion he should have done many years ago and made himself unquestionably the best rally driver ever. For me he though he is the best of the modern era, staying in one car just means he is marked down a little for me.
WRX + Dakar is no option for Loeb?
Old 10 Jul 2015, 16:05 (Ref:3557345)   #142
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Loeb tested a M-Sport Ford before (don't remember where I read it though) but decided to stay with Citroen, maybe he has his heart there.

Østberg and Meeke has not really challenged the Polos so I can see why they would like Loeb back. I'm not sure but was it not after 2016 they would decide between WTCC and WRC?
Old 10 Jul 2015, 19:18 (Ref:3557386)   #143
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Loeb should do rallycross, that suits his style.

(Actually he crushed his rivals at the X Games, so perhaps the promoters aren't too interested in him.)
Old 10 Jul 2015, 19:51 (Ref:3557396)   #144
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
Loeb tested a M-Sport Ford before (don't remember where I read it though) but decided to stay with Citroen, maybe he has his heart there.
I believe Loeb is a 'brand ambassador' for Citroen now so he's unlikely to go elsewhere (other than the odd Peugeot outing - but same parent company)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Loeb should do rallycross, that suits his style.

(Actually he crushed his rivals at the X Games, so perhaps the promoters aren't too interested in him.)
Getting Loeb into WRX full time would be great for the promoters - Loeb vs Solberg? Easily marketable!

Quote:
WRX + Dakar is no option for Loeb?
Could be a good option - WRX in a Citroen, Dakar in a Peugeot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post

I mostly agree with this - Citroen came into the WRC and outspent everyone else (moreso after Peugeot left) - that pretty much killed the competition off, only Gronholm managed to keep it interesting. The Citroen WTCC effort really is overkill - the margin they have there is bordering on taking the ****. Best car, best drivers - no competition.

Loeb is wasted in the WTCC - his skill would be better used elsewhere - WRC, WRX or Dakar - any of those would be better. I suspect though a full time return to the WRC isn't on the cards - he has nothing to prove and nothing to gain.
Old 10 Jul 2015, 20:01 (Ref:3557398)   #145
Alex Langheck
Racer

Loeb has shown great loyalty to Citroen, and vice versa. However, I think he should have moved to VW when he was offered the chance. Just look at the VW Group motorsport; he could have done WRC, then some GT, DTM, and maybe even WEC. Instead he has ended up in the WTCC, which is a 'dead duck' series; and I'm not convinced he actually is happy there.
Old 10 Jul 2015, 20:55 (Ref:3557407)   #146
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Maybe im just getting old but this concept for the 2017 cars looks awful at best. http://www.fia.com/news/2017-world-rally-car
Old 11 Jul 2015, 20:21 (Ref:3557602)   #147
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
As a proud Super TC2000 fan, I support fatter bodykits, but not silhouettes like that render.

However, to make cars more spectacular to watch, they must slide more. Bigger wings and electronic diffs will conspire against that.
Old 13 Jul 2015, 13:43 (Ref:3558197)   #148
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Maybe im just getting old but this concept for the 2017 cars looks awful at best. http://www.fia.com/news/2017-world-rally-car
That concept sketch is truly awful, someone at the FIA needs a slap for that! The idea of more power and a wider track for the cars sounds brilliant to me, then they represent it with that awful drawing! I have seen a concept on Facebook of the current cars with the new rules applied and they are pretty encouraging:

The only thing I'm not so sure about is the return of electronic diffs, the current generation of cars look far more skittish than the last of the 2.0L cars and I'm afraid electronic diffs will remove that.
Old 17 Jul 2015, 13:52 (Ref:3559175)   #149
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
That concept sketch is truly awful, someone at the FIA needs a slap for that!
Just the one slap? Several slaps more like, it looks shoddy; first impressions and all that.

Anyway, going back to Poland, does anyone know the cause of Meeke's bizarre shakedown crash? Talk about being taken by complete surprise, it was like he had driven over a mine.

Did anyone in UK watch the Motors TV daily highlights? It seems they've given up on editing for language! I guess given the time the program goes out, it doesn't matter. The amount of swearing had me in stitches; the boys can swear when they are having a bad day in the car.

It was nice to see the revised Fiesta and Tanak/Molder find some form at last. Quite encouraging. Paddon also built on his Sardinia form but what happened to the French cars? Both Meeke and Ostberg was nowhere to be seen; I presume they were down on top speed and if so, are the engines down on power due to lack of development?

Finally, what was the deal with the 'no service stops' on day 1? I don't quite understand that one given how the tyres were turning into chewing gum on some of the cars. Note particularly safe is it?
Old 17 Jul 2015, 14:00 (Ref:3559178)   #150
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa View Post
but what happened to the French cars? Both Meeke and Ostberg was nowhere to be seen; I presume they were down on top speed and if so, are the engines down on power due to lack of development?
Oops, someone took their eye off the ball then.

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/july/...5--12-12-.html