Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 25 Apr 2013, 18:19 (Ref:3239372)   #126
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did Liam not say at Lydden during the drivers presentation that the reason he had started his own team was that he had had enough of driving for other people and doing what they say (possibly they had had enough of him as well)? It wont last.
Old 25 Apr 2013, 20:44 (Ref:3239414)   #127
rs 200
Racer

rs 200 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing cars View Post
Did Liam not say at Lydden during the drivers presentation that the reason he had started his own team was that he had had enough of driving for other people and doing what they say (possibly they had had enough of him as well)? It wont last.
Don't like being told what to do ,what does that say !!
it wont last all depends on how much dad has got left .
Old 26 Apr 2013, 10:11 (Ref:3239610)   #128
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2
There are still a lot of people running group N imprezas - and Prodrive still provide the backup for those as far as I know?
Yeah, I think this is still the case. I note that all the info on Group N Imprezas has now disappeared from the Prodrive site: the end of an era.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minicross424 View Post
Well there is Binks of course.
Lets not beat about the bush he was going to win the GP untill the C4 decided to hang a right and push him into the tyres.
I wasn't there (and perhaps the spectators have a different view), but from all the clips I've seen that looked like a deliberate - and very unsportsmanlike - move.

I had remembered Binks, but I didn't mention him as, as far as I'm aware, he is without a team and a car at present? Would think it would be hard to get the attention of a potential new team from such a position...

...though as USRallycross says, I'm sure anyone could get the attention of Prodrive if your pockets are deep enough!
Old 26 Apr 2013, 18:05 (Ref:3239723)   #129
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was there and as much as I would like to totally blame Liam on that one I think Binks went for a move which knowing what Doran is like was maybe a little bit optimisic, but against most other drivers would have been a great overtaking.
It was a real shame Best Buy pulled out of the UK the day after, who knows where Binks might have been now. Also in my mind Best Buy gave both themselves and the sport a far better more family orientated image than Monster.
Old 1 May 2013, 16:55 (Ref:3241395)   #130
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm guessing this will be old news for those of you with inside knowledge, but an interesting article on the Subaru rallycross programme...

http://www.bybillwood.com/subaru-grc...b_source=pubv1

...really hope that they can produce a more competitive car this year.
Old 1 May 2013, 18:10 (Ref:3241418)   #131
maranello48
Rookie

maranello48 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Scott speed just tweeted this - https://twitter.com/scottspeed/statu...871809/photo/1
The track layout for the Barcelona x games!
Old 1 May 2013, 23:51 (Ref:3241559)   #132
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
It looks very tight. It's tough to do better inside a football stadium.
Old 2 May 2013, 07:53 (Ref:3241622)   #133
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
It looks very tight. It's tough to do better inside a football stadium.
Yeah, thats looks very tight, doesn't it?

At least its more interesting than the LA Coliseum layout from a years back, but could be a tight fit for 10 cars?
Old 2 May 2013, 11:40 (Ref:3241705)   #134
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
It looks very tight.
Doesn't it just. Should be interesting or maybe not!
Old 3 May 2013, 06:49 (Ref:3241979)   #135
juha205
Rookie

Spain
Galicia (Northwest Spain)
juha205 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Yeah, thats looks very tight, doesn't it?

At least its more interesting than the LA Coliseum layout from a years back, but could be a tight fit for 10 cars?
Yeah, I'm afraid....could be worse than in Brazil...
Old 3 May 2013, 08:09 (Ref:3242010)   #136
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think I managed to watch one corner of Brazil before turning off the coverage

Never seen such an embarassment in my life, racing in a field with more dust than a Dakar race.

Utterly disgraceful to call this anything other than farce I am afraid, quite why people like Eriksson are supporting this I dont know. He must be blind, he certainly seemed to be when he was driving as I recall he just hit anything in his way!
Old 3 May 2013, 09:23 (Ref:3242042)   #137
mivec
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
mivec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Utterly disgraceful to call this anything other than farce I am afraid, quite why people like Eriksson are supporting this I dont know. He must be blind, he certainly seemed to be when he was driving as I recall he just hit anything in his way!
Could money be the right answer?
Old 3 May 2013, 10:00 (Ref:3242052)   #138
PhergAthor
Racer

Belgium
Maasmechelen, Belgium
PhergAthor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe we should put things in perspective.

Starting with the location: foz do iguaçu. In the border area of 3 countries, featuring jungle and massive waterfalls. The scenery was breath taking. Keep in mind that X-games build the whole event in the middle of the jungle in a few weeks time. There was no available circuit. With a silth like underground and a tropical climate, there was always going to be dust. Watering the track lasted for a lap, compressed silth gives no grip whatsoever.

As RX is only a small part of X-games, and the other disciplines clearly benefitted from the location, I think they made the best possible event given the circumstances. Try to remember we are bias as we have the circuits and a long tradition.

Let GRC / X-games learn that sending 10 cars to a tight corner only gives 10 seconds of entertainment (and lots of frustration cfr Block) and 6 cars give 5 minutes of entertainment. The jump was not over the top this time, there was dirt, there were corners, the track had a natural flow... There were far to many improvements to dismiss the event only due to the dust.
Old 3 May 2013, 11:51 (Ref:3242089)   #139
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Try driving in it mate in a 200 grand car and you might think differently
Old 3 May 2013, 13:55 (Ref:3242158)   #140
PhergAthor
Racer

Belgium
Maasmechelen, Belgium
PhergAthor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think the track did much damage to the cars. The tracks inside the NASCAR stadia or the metal ramp were harder on the cars in my humble opinion.

Scott Speed, neither used to the car nor to the dusty circumstances, showed how to bring the car home in one piece. And in no race did he got the holeshot and could drive away unscattered. RX was never about puting the pedal to the metal, close your eyes and hope to get through the first corner.
Old 3 May 2013, 16:17 (Ref:3242211)   #141
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Dust was excessive. But carnage was the drivers' fault, they were too aggressive from the race start.
Old 3 May 2013, 16:58 (Ref:3242230)   #142
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Try driving in it mate in a 200 grand car and you might think differently
Than switch to snooker or darts.
Old 3 May 2013, 22:18 (Ref:3242410)   #143
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
chunder complaining?

its like a damn broken record.
Old 4 May 2013, 09:00 (Ref:3242527)   #144
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Lol, well to be honest, if anyone thinks that is rallycross, then you aint got a clue!

Thanks fo the input though, if you haven't got anything constructive to add, then add nothing.
Old 8 May 2013, 15:30 (Ref:3244379)   #145
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Just spotted on Facebook, the car under construction for the Spanish X-Games...

Old 9 May 2013, 08:36 (Ref:3244715)   #146
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Forgive the double post, but I've just read a comment on another forum indicating that the second Polo might be driven by Carlos Sainz?

Anyone heard any facts to support that, or is it just internet BS?...
Old 9 May 2013, 09:00 (Ref:3244719)   #147
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Forgive the double post, but I've just read a comment on another forum indicating that the second Polo might be driven by Carlos Sainz?

Anyone heard any facts to support that, or is it just internet BS?...
http://erc24.com/archives/12201
Old 9 May 2013, 09:54 (Ref:3244741)   #148
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post
Ah. I'm only two weeks behind on the news then.

I'll show myself out of the thread!
Old 9 May 2013, 16:35 (Ref:3244898)   #149
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
It's too late to announce him, I think. See Loeb's climb to the clouds, it's two months away. Now Volkswagen will announce Sainz days before the X Games? Bad idea.
Old 9 May 2013, 17:37 (Ref:3244920)   #150
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Hey, I've read that Rod Millen will run at the Pikes Peak on a TRD-backed electric car. Rhys must be looking for a compact car, does anyone know if Rod's visited a Scion dealer?