Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 24 May 2007, 13:22 (Ref:1920285)   #126
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good to see a British tyre manufacturer take on the might of Michelin and seems to me are making in roads toward being a quicker tyre! God, I cant wait to see it going hell for leather at La Sarthe!
Old 24 May 2007, 15:00 (Ref:1920341)   #127
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9/89
Good to see a British tyre manufacturer take on the might of Michelin and seems to me are making in roads toward being a quicker tyre! God, I cant wait to see it going hell for leather at La Sarthe!
Hopefully it will be beneficial to the Autocon team as well.
Old 24 May 2007, 15:21 (Ref:1920351)   #128
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton
Hopefully it will be beneficial to the Autocon team as well.
That is a good point.
Old 24 May 2007, 16:04 (Ref:1920375)   #129
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty
how does a 57.3 compare to what the other P1 and P2 teams have laid down at snetterton in the past year or so?
I honestly don't know. I had hoped the Zytek report on DSC might have given us a comparison, but no joy. (I have decided, therefore, that it was slower than the Creation ).
Old 24 May 2007, 16:37 (Ref:1920399)   #130
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
I honestly don't know. I had hoped the Zytek report on DSC might have given us a comparison, but no joy. (I have decided, therefore, that it was slower than the Creation ).
Probably a good call! Usually no news is good news until it refers to the opposition doing well!!
Old 24 May 2007, 16:41 (Ref:1920401)   #131
SebringMG
Veteran

United Kingdom
SebringMG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Although the times are largely irrelevant as the Zytek ran in low downforce LM config and the Creation in high downforce spec.....ergo if the Creation is slower than the Zytek than you really should be worried about the Creation as Snetterton is a high downforce track !!
Old 24 May 2007, 18:52 (Ref:1920512)   #132
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
all i ca say is that the creation in that midnight blue without the art things on looks bloody lovely, the black wheels make it look very mean as well.

is it just me or does the front end of the creation CA07 whiff of dome S101.5 a bit?
Old 24 May 2007, 19:43 (Ref:1920557)   #133
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
A bit domey couragie-ish i think .
Old 24 May 2007, 20:17 (Ref:1920581)   #134
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Still looks like an old Reynard to me.
Old 24 May 2007, 20:49 (Ref:1920603)   #135
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
I love 04s has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Safe to say that the Zytek was as fast as Creation in low downforce spec on a high downforce track....and getting faster. Very impressive shakedown/first run though for Creation......cant say I am sold on the front wings/headlight cluster though, nor the out of line intakes.
Old 25 May 2007, 02:42 (Ref:1920728)   #136
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love 04s
Safe to say that the Zytek was as fast as Creation in low downforce spec on a high downforce track....and getting faster. Very impressive shakedown/first run though for Creation......cant say I am sold on the front wings/headlight cluster though, nor the out of line intakes.
I realize that you're inherently biased, but I think the front end of the Creation is much more attractive than that of the Zytek. It's interesting how, starting from the same base car (effectively), one team has produced a design moving in a totally different direction from the other.
Old 25 May 2007, 05:09 (Ref:1920753)   #137
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed.

I think the car looks a lot meaner than the Zytek.
Old 25 May 2007, 07:49 (Ref:1920813)   #138
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Laptimes; Felipe in the 59's (and he loves the car, the engine "pulls like a diesel"), Shinji managed a 57.8 and Jamie a 57.3 (go on my son!! ).

Other teams at Snetterton were surprised at the speed of the Creation, but it was running with more downforce than the others (they are still waiting for the low downforce kit which arrives tomorrow).
According to DSC Charouz and Mucke did mid to low 58s during some long stints with medium downforce setup.
Old 25 May 2007, 10:38 (Ref:1920931)   #139
eddsc
Racer

eddsc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I deliberately didn't delve into times (unless someone actually mentioned them) because everyone was running to a different programme / different levels of downforce. There will be plenty of opportunity to compare pace at Le Mans, notably in qualifying. The test day has become just that these days - a test day.
Old 25 May 2007, 13:41 (Ref:1921039)   #140
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
cant say I am sold on the front wings/headlight cluster though, nor the out of line intakes.
Take a look at the pictures of the low downforce spec on DSC. The car looks
Old 25 May 2007, 16:12 (Ref:1921128)   #141
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
Take a look at the pictures of the low downforce spec on DSC. The car looks
i didnt know the donington test picture's were of the low downforce car, it looks nice, very mean in that midnight blue with the black wheels, its just a shame it will have that revolting art colour decoration on it .

but i still have to say this, last year's car was prettier but im just a bit of a zytek fan boy
Old 25 May 2007, 16:25 (Ref:1921133)   #142
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure it that is the low downfore spec. It looks like the original spec without the dive planes. I know the DSC article inidicated that they got the bodywork but, if it is on the car, it doesn't look much different.
Old 25 May 2007, 17:06 (Ref:1921148)   #143
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam
I'm not sure it that is the low downfore spec. It looks like the original spec without the dive planes. I know the DSC article inidicated that they got the bodywork but, if it is on the car, it doesn't look much different.
DSC had already indicated that the bodywork wouldn't arrive until Friday (today). It was fair to assume, along with comments about the (un)suitability of Magny Cours for testing the low downforce kit, that the high/medium downforce kit would still be in place at Donington.

On a slightly different note, it was very, very encouraging to read Bicks' remarks regarding Felipe. Sounds to me like he's determined to make a positive contribution to the team this year. Really good to see him trying to step up to Jamie and Shinji's level, all credit to the guy!
Old 25 May 2007, 18:50 (Ref:1921189)   #144
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
I love 04s has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I take back what I said about the car....after looking at a couple more pictures...its stunning - a real shame about the family photo that Creation are putting onto it . LEAVE IT AS IT IS!!
Old 25 May 2007, 19:04 (Ref:1921205)   #145
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
The car will be back on Dunlop tyres this year “because you need the advantage that you don’t get running customer tyres”. If the claimed commitment of Dunlop and the performance of the Rollcentre car so far this year are anything to go by, I would consider the choice of tyre to be a good one.

Very positive news all round!

Anything that breaks the Michelin stranglehold is good.

It's about time there was a competitive alternative.
Old 25 May 2007, 20:10 (Ref:1921243)   #146
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I take back what I said about the car....after looking at a couple more pictures...its stunning - a real shame about the family photo that Creation are putting onto it . LEAVE IT AS IT IS!!
I think when they come over for PLM and Laguna it would be cool to have the rumored Batman Movie logo on it!

L.P.
Old 26 May 2007, 10:53 (Ref:1921473)   #147
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Im starting to have a few doubts about the kids too ..... maybe leave luminious creation stars on it with the mooner !!!
Old 31 May 2007, 07:37 (Ref:1925187)   #148
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
EI toke some pictures in the paddock. Here is a picture of the low drag nose of the new Creation (still in bare carbon): http://www.endurance-info.com/2007_L...ock_Mai_14.jpg
Old 4 Jun 2007, 20:08 (Ref:1928749)   #149
WouterM
Racer

Netherlands
WouterM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We have just added a feature about the Creation:

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame...hp&carnum=3246

Unfortunately no shots yet with the art livery, but with shots of the engine.
Old 4 Jun 2007, 21:16 (Ref:1928804)   #150
Hammerdown
Racer

United Kingdom
Clevedon, UK
Hammerdown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very nice. Thanks!