Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Jun 2011, 02:40 (Ref:2902178)   #126
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver GT View Post
I think 888 should take em out and become a 4 car team.........HRT is a laughing stock....Buying Courtney so they could have the No.1 on their car was a stupid decision............they should be spending that money on making cars that are consistant. I guess this happens when you have crap management.
i wonder how the guy they forced out to get Courtney is going this year
Old 20 Jun 2011, 02:43 (Ref:2902179)   #127
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
That picture says it all really. The photographer obviously seems to have an understanding of the situation somewhat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedcafe Article

“Might have to move to Oz for a few months,” Walkinshaw said on Twitter.

“Looks like I am going to have a double winter this year.”
The DJ is taking the whole thing seriously, right?
Old 20 Jun 2011, 02:51 (Ref:2902181)   #128
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
That picture says it all really. The photographer obviously seems to have an understanding of the situation somewhat.

lol the picture really shows that "morale in the outfit is high"
Old 20 Jun 2011, 02:57 (Ref:2902182)   #129
V8RYAN
Racer

Australia
SANDOWN
V8RYAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
im pretty sure that the picture was taken at Clipsal this year when they paid respect to Tom Walkinshaw, so obviously its a sombre mood.
Old 20 Jun 2011, 03:37 (Ref:2902188)   #130
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8RYAN View Post
im pretty sure that the picture was taken at Clipsal this year when they paid respect to Tom Walkinshaw
correct
Old 20 Jun 2011, 09:13 (Ref:2902258)   #131
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well they could start with a quick game of rugger, get the blood pumpin, some jive music, the blood will be high, adrenilin rush, and then smoke them wheels boys were racing.

then again, young Ryan, just might be the tonic that HRT needs.

Maybe a good thing that a young bloke comes in, instead of the some of the old school. He could be start of the future.
Old 20 Jun 2011, 09:33 (Ref:2902269)   #132
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
tander and his future

this could be interesting, if the team is being prepared for sale i would think having him there is a good thing.

or maybe they are trying to save some cash in whch case its a bad thing for GT.
Old 20 Jun 2011, 09:35 (Ref:2902270)   #133
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
tander and his future

this could be interesting, if the team is being prepared for sale i would think having him there is a good thing.

or maybe they are trying to save some cash in whch case its a bad thing for GT.
Garth, come over to SBR and you and Giz could do wonders.
Old 20 Jun 2011, 09:39 (Ref:2902274)   #134
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
Garth, come over to SBR and you and Giz could do wonders.
im thinking about this Fomoco. do i really want GT at SBR, can i barrack for him in a ford, thats a difficult one for me, im not sure i do

just as a comparison Gt is 7th, alex is 8th in the championship Gt has finished ahead of Alex 7 times to 6th this year
Old 20 Jun 2011, 09:54 (Ref:2902280)   #135
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
im thinking about this Fomoco. do i really want GT at SBR, can i barrack for him in a ford, thats a difficult one for me, im not sure i do
If a Holdsworth/Caruso type swapped to Ford, us Fordies would support them, but Tander having been the face of the enemy (HRT) would really struggle for support
Old 20 Jun 2011, 09:57 (Ref:2902282)   #136
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
Quote:

just as a comparison Gt is 7th, alex is 8th in the championship Gt has finished ahead of Alex 7 times to 6th this year
I agree, even myself , could I accept GT in a Ford. But he has the runs on the board, and Shane needs a steerer with his history to help him, re Garths comment from Hamilton," he reminds me of myself from years ago, or something like that".

JW, would he be where he is today, without the help from Craig?

Thats why I would like GT to go to SBR, A Champ, experience, and go out on a high over the next few years with another Championship and Bathurts, Clipsal to boot, and help Shane go to the next level.

Just a bit different seeing Garth In blue.
Old 20 Jun 2011, 09:58 (Ref:2902284)   #137
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
thats the way im think also yap

Now Holdo in an SBR id like to see that

i see your logic there fomoco, but what if he wins

i was thinking on sunday, is the giz the new lowndes, just needs a bit of mentoring to sharpen him up from a media point of view, although i imagine the kiwis are hoping he will be the new murph, hopefully without the arrogance

still what happens with GT over the next week, shapes the silly season and to a lesser extent maybe the future of HRT
Old 20 Jun 2011, 11:43 (Ref:2902341)   #138
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am looking at the crystal ball and wondering about Project Austerity, where the previous free spending ways of the previous WP management disappears.. and the pilots (and crew) have to sing ever louder for their supper

If HRT is the iconic destination ride that everyone makes it out to be.. why do they need to pay $750k for a pilot? Surely someone who is currently winning races elsewhere in an older car might do the job for $200k!

Another $550k available then for a mixing deck in the pit garage

Presuming any of this actually happened...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 21 Jun 2011, 00:36 (Ref:2902644)   #139
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, don't want to see GT in an SBR Ford, DJR Ford or any other Ford.

Giz is doing fine as is.

SBR plans are a championship in the near future, and everything looks to be on track for that from where I'm watching....let's not go and give Tander any ideas he is welcome on this side of the fence
Old 21 Jun 2011, 02:57 (Ref:2902661)   #140
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I cant imagine Garth 'helping' The Giz in any way shape or form if he went to SBR. I also cant imagine Stones coughing up the kind of coin Garth would want anyway. How much will Blueprint play in peoples minds when signing drivers in the near future? Wont a driver with superior technical ability now become a premium comodity?
Old 21 Jun 2011, 03:25 (Ref:2902664)   #141
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Garth to the Kellys me thinks.....
Old 21 Jun 2011, 03:50 (Ref:2902668)   #142
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklegend View Post
Garth to the Kellys me thinks.....
To replace Todd? I really can't see Garth wanting to step into a 'second rate' KR seat nor wanting to be sponsored by someone like Stratco?

Do the Kelly's have enough money to pay what Garth would want? Surely BJR would be a better choice both for performance & likely payment?
Old 21 Jun 2011, 03:56 (Ref:2902669)   #143
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The annual Red Bull/Rick story will recommence maybe, putting the JD money into one car? You can set your clock to that story much like the old Junior 'I've lost twenty kgs' story.
Old 21 Jun 2011, 05:01 (Ref:2902676)   #144
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
mayhem to add weight to this story. Red bull are reducing their NASCAR committment. Is this to fund a V8 team
Old 21 Jun 2011, 05:46 (Ref:2902691)   #145
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Ohope View Post

Do the Kelly's have enough money to pay what Garth would want? Surely BJR would be a better choice both for performance & likely payment?
Is he worth what he wants, Not at the moment.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 21 Jun 2011, 08:19 (Ref:2902729)   #146
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
over paid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I am looking at the crystal ball and wondering about Project Austerity, where the previous free spending ways of the previous WP management disappears.. and the pilots (and crew) have to sing ever louder for their supper

If HRT is the iconic destination ride that everyone makes it out to be.. why do they need to pay $750k for a pilot? Surely someone who is currently winning races elsewhere in an older car might do the job for $200k!

Another $550k available then for a mixing deck in the pit garage

Presuming any of this actually happened...
I understood Ford paying over the odds for Craig Lowndes back then but have never understood how that translated to 'the rest' & the sort of salaries earned (as claimed) today, regardless of who they are.

I cant see Gary Rogers paying $500k + to anyone.
Old 21 Jun 2011, 08:30 (Ref:2902735)   #147
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
the DJ is coming to stay

it appears mum was in town on the weekend (she must have been so pleased) and the DJ might come and live for a while

yeah right
The rugby interests seem the #1 :
http://www.thisisbath.co.uk/Cherries...ail/story.html
Old 21 Jun 2011, 08:43 (Ref:2902740)   #148
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
No, don't want to see GT in an SBR Ford, DJR Ford or any other Ford.

Giz is doing fine as is.

SBR plans are a championship in the near future, and everything looks to be on track for that from where I'm watching....let's not go and give Tander any ideas he is welcome on this side of the fence
FOrd71 , I agree with your points, Ross and Jimmy , along with Paul are nurturing Shane into to future Champ, I would just like him to a have a seasoned team mate who could help out. When you look around theres not much to offer, except maybe for Lee, to young guns pushing each other, or go for a mature head.

As a Ford preferer for years, yes GT would be hard to take, but you can't deny he has the skills to assist.

WHo else in the ford family is there?
Old 21 Jun 2011, 09:14 (Ref:2902749)   #149
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post

Quote:
mayhem to add weight to this story. Red bull are reducing their NASCAR committment. Is this to fund a V8 team
perfect marriage ... Redbull is right into motor/extreme sports, and all the kids love red bull and vodka while listening to DJ's at clubs
Old 21 Jun 2011, 11:49 (Ref:2902817)   #150
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post
I understood Ford paying over the odds for Craig Lowndes back then but have never understood how that translated to 'the rest' & the sort of salaries earned (as claimed) today, regardless of who they are.

I cant see Gary Rogers paying $500k + to anyone.
$400k is close to $500k...
#CANCERSUCKS